Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

11 hours ago, We-Are-Golden said:

Aaww! The pattern was one of the things that drew me towards her! :D Though looks aren't everything offcourse, as long as they're sweet. :wub2: 

Aaww poor thing. :(  I wish cats would last a lifetime. Or at least most of them. :naughty: I'm glad more people that I know get their cat from shelters instead of buying a kitten from someone. 

Well, at least there is more to love now. :lmfao: 

I think most people here get cats from shelters. I don't know anyone with a fancy cat breed. There's little point to them too, unless if you have allergies and want a hypoallergenic or naked cat? All cats pretty much do the same thing and act in the same ways, unlike different dog breeds. 

I've been getting some flack about getting my dog from a breeder, most of them are subtle comments from other dog owners. We decided to go with a breeder because one, an adopted dog can be a lot of work to retrain to how you want to act, they also typically have training and social issues that take a lot of time to train out that we don't really have time for, unfortunately. Second, we also couldn't even find a dog in a size and in any type of breed that would be suitable for our living situation right now, like a breed that doesn't really need a yard to run around in since we live in an apartment, and all of the dogs that weren't too big for us needed that. We weren't going to have an animal in an apartment when it needs to be running around.. a lot. And all the small dogs were Chihuahuas or Chihuahua mixes.... Which we definitely didn't want. We looked for months for a dog and then my boyfriend suggested we go to a breeder. Our dog is also a French Spaniel, which is a rarer breed. So, I think that having a dog of a rare breed and supporting it's preservation is important too, because they are a beautiful breed. Our breeder was fantastic, very knowledgeable, passionate and caring. We had a great experience getting our dog from him and Brandy is beautiful and healthy. I'm really excited to adopt a dog in the future that I can put time and effort into retraining and caring for, but we just aren't at that point in our life right now. 

I'm sorry for ranting, but it gets really annoying for me. It's not like Brandy is a design dog breed like a pug and is bred to not even breathe. She's gun dog LOL 

We have 5 cats and we never bought any of them. They're now the kittens of cats that came to us by themselves and stayed cos we loved them and took care of them. :wink2:

I don't want to buy a certain cat. I want to take of those who don't have someone who cares about them...

The last cat that came to us was obviously left alone. We live close to the main road and from one day to the other suddenly there was a little kitten that wanted some food. I think some idiots threw it out of a car...

3 hours ago, cat_loves_mika said:

I think most people here get cats from shelters. I don't know anyone with a fancy cat breed. There's little point to them too, unless if you have allergies and want a hypoallergenic or naked cat? All cats pretty much do the same thing and act in the same ways, unlike different dog breeds. 

I've been getting some flack about getting my dog from a breeder, most of them are subtle comments from other dog owners. We decided to go with a breeder because one, an adopted dog can be a lot of work to retrain to how you want to act, they also typically have training and social issues that take a lot of time to train out that we don't really have time for, unfortunately. Second, we also couldn't even find a dog in a size and in any type of breed that would be suitable for our living situation right now, like a breed that doesn't really need a yard to run around in since we live in an apartment, and all of the dogs that weren't too big for us needed that. We weren't going to have an animal in an apartment when it needs to be running around.. a lot. And all the small dogs were Chihuahuas or Chihuahua mixes.... Which we definitely didn't want. We looked for months for a dog and then my boyfriend suggested we go to a breeder. Our dog is also a French Spaniel, which is a rarer breed. So, I think that having a dog of a rare breed and supporting it's preservation is important too, because they are a beautiful breed. Our breeder was fantastic, very knowledgeable, passionate and caring. We had a great experience getting our dog from him and Brandy is beautiful and healthy. I'm really excited to adopt a dog in the future that I can put time and effort into retraining and caring for, but we just aren't at that point in our life right now. 

I'm sorry for ranting, but it gets really annoying for me. It's not like Brandy is a design dog breed like a pug and is bred to not even breathe. She's gun dog LOL 

The only treat I was looking for in a cat was that it was a sweet cat. Lookwise I didn't care, it's a bonus we got one that looks pretty! :D 

Yeah yeah I totally get what you mean. A lot of dogs in the shelters have a , what we call, backpack. Wich is filled with their past experiences that you don't know about. It's totally understandable if you don't have the time for a dog like that and rather go for a breed that actually suits you. With dogs it actually does matter what breed you choose, while with cats they're 'mostly' the same. 

Haha that's okay, I understand that :aah: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starlight said:

We have 5 cats and we never bought any of them. They're now the kittens of cats that came to us by themselves and stayed cos we loved them and took care of them. :wink2:

I don't want to buy a certain cat. I want to take of those who don't have someone who cares about them...

The last cat that came to us was obviously left alone. We live close to the main road and from one day to the other suddenly there was a little kitten that wanted some food. I think some idiots threw it out of a car...

Aaaww, the poor thing :( Luckely they have found a good house now! :wub2: 

I really don't get people who just leave their pets behind somewhere. I mean, I get it when you can't take care of the animal anymore (moneywise or allergies or something like that), but take it to a shelter or something so it can get a second chance!

17 minutes ago, We-Are-Golden said:

Aaaww, the poor thing :( Luckely they have found a good house now! :wub2: 

I really don't get people who just leave their pets behind somewhere. I mean, I get it when you can't take care of the animal anymore (moneywise or allergies or something like that), but take it to a shelter or something so it can get a second chance!

Yeah we love them all. :wub2:

Exactly! I would just look for a good home when I realized that I couldn't take care of one of them anymore...

8 hours ago, Starlight said:

Our first family cats were strays that we or someone else found. One, our family friend found in her barn. The other one my mom found in a parking lot and took home! I'm sure they were both part of litters that were dumped somewhere, because they were both kittens at the time. The cats they have now we're adopted through a foster system, so they get amazing attention and care until they find their forever home. But a lot of people do just get their cats from the cat adopting them.

I can't believe someone would through a living creature out of a car. Wow. People can be awful. 

36 minutes ago, cat_loves_mika said:

Our first family cats were strays that we or someone else found. One, our family friend found in her barn. The other one my mom found in a parking lot and took home! I'm sure they were both part of litters that were dumped somewhere, because they were both kittens at the time. The cats they have now we're adopted through a foster system, so they get amazing attention and care until they find their forever home. But a lot of people do just get their cats from the cat adopting them.

I can't believe someone would through a living creature out of a car. Wow. People can be awful. 

I also can't believe that... I would never be able to do something like that... :sad:

• 4 months later...

Hello dear! :hug: me and my family are doing fine. :wink2: We haven't been going out for some weeks. And I'm getting some law stuff for learning sent by my mentor judge since today. :naughty: So I guess I won't feel bored. :aah:

What about you?

22 hours ago, We-Are-Golden said:

Heeeey people! How's everyone doing? :) Hope everyone is safe! 💕 

Hey, hope you're keeping safe too! :hug:

To be honest, I haven't been feeling that great.  I understand that places need to close to slow down the spread of the virus, but it just makes me feel miserable that I can't do anything much.  I know that the lockdown is essential, but it's not great for my mental health. :sad:

Saying that, I've been trying to stay positive by listening to Mika and watching his cooking episodes.  Hopefully once the virus dies down, he'll announce more gigs again. :crossed:

Glad you're both safe! :hug: I'm safe as well, I'm still working, but I'm trying to avoid contact as much as I can :) And after I get home I stay home and try to keep myself busy, mostly by listening to Mika. :naughty: 

Yeah, I haven't been feeling great either. I'm anxious a lot. I know this is all needed, but still. I'm sure we will get through this though! :hug: 

I also hope he'll announce more gigs after all this. :crossed: I love his cooking episodes so far. :wub2: 

• Like 1

That's the best thing to do - staying at home as much as we can (of course many people have to go to work) and avoiding any contact. It's so hard... we all aren't happy about that and feel lonely I guess... but us fans, we have something that others don't! We have Mika. :wub2: Mika helped us through hard times in our lives and that's what he will do now as well. :yes:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

Mika's music has really been helping, "Relax" in particular.  Hearing him sing "there is an answer to the darkest times" reminds me that everything will be ok. :original:

That's true, it's really comforting these days...

2 hours ago, Natacha. said:

I miss my childhood/ teenage years in here. 😫 BUT I don't miss being a teenager lmao that was gross 😔😂Also quarantine has basically always been my lifestyle. 

Nice to meet you. :bye:

Same here. :aah: I don't have to change much about my life really. :teehee:

My fiancé is still working even though so many business here are shut down and have their employees working at home. He works out of town during the week so I'm by myself for 4 days of the week while my state is in shelter in place for the next month... I feel so isolated. :boxed: At least I have google hangout and my dog. 

How's everyone else?

• 1 month later...