Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

On 6/9/2021 at 8:20 PM, Starlight said:

Heeeey :hug:

Yeah being an aunt is amazing! I have two - a  niece and a nephew and I love them just so much. :wub2:

For me also nothing has changed so far. :original: I work from home and went on studying for my 2nd state exam in law. So I can say I'm quite busy and actually happy that I don't have any appointments to make! :lol3:

The vaccines are quite rare here in Germany, at least if you want to get Biontech. :doh:

:hug: 

Aaaww that's just amazing! :wub2: 

Oof you're a busy one! It's so nice you can do everything from home :biggrin2: 

Here in the Netherlands we're quite good on vaccines (at the moment that is :aah: ) Especially with Pfizer or Moderna :yes:

36 minutes ago, We-Are-Golden said:

Hello!

Happy to hear from you! :biggrin2: I'm glad you're enjoying your job! It's good to have something to keep you busy, especially now!

Vaccinewise we're now finally going to good way here. I've planned my 1st vaccination on the 29th! Hope you can get yours soon too!

I relate to this so much :lmfao: 

Hey, great to hear from you too! Hope you're doing well :hug:

Yes, I'm finding that the job is a great distraction from everything at the moment. It makes me feel productive and helps to pass the time. Working from home is definitely an introvert's dream! :lol:

I found out that I am going to get my vaccine this Friday, so not long to wait now. :original:

4 hours ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

Hey, great to hear from you too! Hope you're doing well :hug:

Yes, I'm finding that the job is a great distraction from everything at the moment. It makes me feel productive and helps to pass the time. Working from home is definitely an introvert's dream! :lol:

I found out that I am going to get my vaccine this Friday, so not long to wait now. :original:

I am doing okay yes! It's hot here right now and I'm not build for that, so not too pleased with that :aah: 

Yes exactly! I feel the same way :yes: 

Oh that is fast! Hope all goes well! :biggrin2: 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, We-Are-Golden said:

Oof you're a busy one! It's so nice you can do everything from home :biggrin2:

Haha yes, I'm always busy. :aah: I can't remember any time I haven't been busy :lmao:

11 hours ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

Working from home is definitely an introvert's dream! :lol:

:yeah: I''m really born for that! :naughty:

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I keep forgetting this thread exists for all kinds of random talk. Perfect for all the randomness in my head! 😁

Like this...

I have a Looney Tunes Tweety bird clock in the living room. It is the world's most annoying clock! Every hour it chimes with a random Tweety quote like "I tawt I saw a puddy cat" or "Have a nice day!", with that sickly sweet Tweety bird voice that I absolutely hate! 😠

Confession time...

About 20 months ago I took out the battery that controls the sound.

(the actual ticking works on another battery so I left that in). So far my Mum hasn't even noticed!!! :biggrin2:

My sanity has been saved, at least for now.

You'll see, now that I've mentioned it my Mum will probably notice tomorrow 🙃

If she puts another battery in I'm getting a hammer to it!

• Haha 3

I'm beginning to wonder, what if my Mum has noticed that the clock isn't working properly and doesn't want to say anything to me in case she thinks I'll go and put a battery in it 🤔 

Maybe we're both saving our sanity by not saying anything to each other! 😅

• Haha 2

Haven't seen The BIG Spider for about 6 months now, I think she's moved out 🤔

However there is now The Tiny Spider living near my front door, he doesn't move much but I like to check on him every morning and give him a wave 😊

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Drew a mushroom yesterday as part of a project I'm working on, turned my drawing upside down to add finer detail, and after a moment I realised that an upside down mushroom really doesn't look like a mushroom! :teehee:

:facepalm:

• Haha 1

While I was enjoying my ice cream there was a bug flying around and being annoying. I forgot about it in a moment, and when I took a bite of ice cream it was crunchy...

I knew what it was, and i kept eating.

I was freaking out and I refused to spit it out cause i thought it would be disrespectful for the ice cream.

Edited by Lulul
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Lulul said:

While I was enjoying my ice cream there was a bug flying around and being annoying. I forgot about it in a moment, and when I took a bite of ice cream it was crunchy...

I knew what it was, and i kept eating.

I was freaking out and I refused to spit it out cause i thought it would be disrespectful for the ice cream.

Don't be sad :itsok:, a very good source of protein! :biggrin2:  :teehee:

• Haha 3

On 2/23/2022 at 12:42 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Drew a mushroom yesterday as part of a project I'm working on, turned my drawing upside down to add finer detail, and after a moment I realised that an upside down mushroom really doesn't look like a mushroom! :teehee:

:facepalm:

This explains so much……..

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Prisca said:

Don't be sad :itsok:, a very good source of protein! :biggrin2:  :teehee:

I'm not sad at all, I'm disgusted :shocked:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

The day is still young, but that will probably remain my insight of the day: Around 2.4 billion years ago, the first snow fell on Earth. :biggrin2:

smilie_wet_045.gif

Well that certainly is random! :lol3:

I wonder what the first creatures of Earth thought about snow when it fell for the first time? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I wonder what the first creatures of Earth thought about snow when it fell for the first time? 

smilie_wet_038.gif

Ok, ok, I know it wasn't a person. :teehee:

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2022 at 11:42 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

turned my drawing upside down to add finer detail, I realised that an upside down mushroom really doesn't look like a mushroom! 

On 3/2/2022 at 11:41 AM, holdingyourdrink said:

This explains so much……..

Wait, I hope you don't think "drawing a mushroom" is a euphemism for doing  something else! I really was just drawing a mushroom! 

I'll even be sharing a little bit of my work on my Instagram soon! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'll even be sharing a little bit of my work on my Instagram soon! 

This doesn't make it any better does it?! :facepalm:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Prisca said:

smilie_wet_038.gif

Ok, ok, I know it wasn't a person. :teehee:

First human seeing snow for the first time: "Strange cold white stuff falling from the sky, run for your life!"

10 minutes later after realising snow is harmless: Early humans have first ever snowball fight! :biggrin2:

Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

First human seeing snow for the first time: "Strange cold white stuff falling from the sky, run for your life!"

This reminds me of an interview with an African who came to Switzerland about 20 years ago. He told there what it was like for him when he saw snow for the first time. It fell from the sky and he looked really surprised, he would have thought that the snow would come as blocks on the ground. :teehee:

grafik.png.953d1538ef40b729dd80608471f0f64f.png

Then at some point it stopped snowing and the sun was shining and he went outside in just his shirt. And he: Why is it so cold? The sun is shining, isn't it? smilie_sh_068.gif

Yes, I guess in snow-free zones it is still not so clear everywhere how it works with snow. :biggrin2:

• Haha 1

Grimes is a mom of two!

The singer, 33, secretly welcomed another baby with Elon Musk, she revealed to Vanity Fair in a cover story for the magazine's April 2022 issue. 

Grimes — who is also mom to 22-month-old son X Æ A-12 (called little X), whom she also shares with the Tesla founder, 50 — told Vanity Fair that she and Musk welcomed a daughter in December 2021 via surrogate.

The baby's full name is Exa Dark Sideræl, though they've nicknamed her Y, according to Vanity Fair. 

:lmfao:  :facepalm:

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 1:09 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

However there is now The Tiny Spider living near my front door, he doesn't move much but I like to check on him every morning and give him a wave 😊

The Tiny Spider has gone, I think to the big pearly web in the sky :(

Saved a ladybug though! 🐞  

And I've seen my first bees of the year! 🐝 

I've got better with insects over the years, I used to hate them when I was younger but I'm really not that bothered now. Very few insects here in the UK can actually harm you anyway.

Still hate crane flies and house moths though 😬

• Like 2

I look forward flying to NY on Saturday April 2, 2022.  It 78 degrees and sunny weather here in Houston, Texas today.  A friend who graduated from the same high school as me email  me a picture from his office window in downtown Houston today.  I want to share this beautiful photo with y’all. I work about 20 minutes west of downtown.  See y’all soon and. safe travels.❤️

B5B96ECA-FD41-496E-9B4B-A6581D1573A1.thumb.jpeg.8cc79b39d68d45ccb5e962286ccc273b.jpeg

Edited by MaureenG
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...