Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

On 3/21/2022 at 12:58 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:
On 2/13/2022 at 1:09 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

However there is now The Tiny Spider living near my front door, he doesn't move much but I like to check on him every morning and give him a wave 😊

The Tiny Spider has gone, I think to the big pearly web in the sky :(

I've made a new spider friend who I am calling Tiny Tim! He's smaller than my little finger nail and lives under my dresser. He's a little jumpy (literally! he can jump about an inch!) but otherwise a friendly chap!

I can't be 100% certain that the spider is male or female, but small spiders tend to be male so I'll stick with He for now! 😊

🕷 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This is very random, but I think my internal body clock/calendar is out of whack; I'm wearing a Halloween tee today and I've already ordered the first Christmas present for my Mum :biggrin2:

• Haha 3

On 7/15/2022 at 7:41 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I've made a new spider friend who I am calling Tiny Tim! He's smaller than my little finger nail and lives under my dresser. He's a little jumpy (literally! he can jump about an inch!) but otherwise a friendly chap!

A month since this post and I've actually been wondering where Tiny Tim has got to only for him to appear yesterday on the wooden beams in my room! 

Not surprised he's jumpy either, I've managed to identify him as a zebra jumping spider! (A cute stripy boy!)

They're a common garden spider found in North America and Europe, and they only grow up to 1cm! 🕷 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hoping someone can answer my tech question!

Can I put an mp4 video file straight onto a blank dvd and have it play in a dvd player OR do I have to do anything to the file first?

I'm finding conflicting answers through google and I've never made homemade DVD's before, and I really don't want to get the project I'm working on wrong!

Any help welcome, thanks :)

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Hoping someone can answer my tech question!

Can I put an mp4 video file straight onto a blank dvd and have it play in a dvd player OR do I have to do anything to the file first?

I'm finding conflicting answers through google and I've never made homemade DVD's before, and I really don't want to get the project I'm working on wrong!

Any help welcome, thanks :)

After doing further research it looks like I will have to convert the mp4 files to be able to play them on any dvd player.

WinX converter looks good but if anyone has other recommendations of software/programs do let me know!

(preferably downloadable for free)

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2022 at 1:14 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

After doing further research it looks like I will have to convert the mp4 files to be able to play them on any dvd player.

WinX converter looks good but if anyone has other recommendations of software/programs do let me know!

Oh I forgot about this! Turns out free to use DVD converter software really isn't that good, a lot put giant watermarks across your video files and some don't even carry the audio over 🙃

I did find a good payed for service but they charge £70 for an annual subscription, so looks like I'll have to save up and come back to making DVD's another time.

In other random news...

I cooked oven chips in a breville toastie maker this morning, and in 10 minutes they were perfect! :licks_lips:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 10:07 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

I have a Looney Tunes Tweety bird clock in the living room. It is the world's most annoying clock! Every hour it chimes with a random Tweety quote like "I tawt I saw a puddy cat" or "Have a nice day!", with that sickly sweet Tweety bird voice that I absolutely hate! 😠

Confession time...

About 20 months ago I took out the battery that controls the sound.

(the actual ticking works on another battery so I left that in). So far my Mum hasn't even noticed!!! :biggrin2:

My sanity has been saved, at least for now.

You'll see, now that I've mentioned it my Mum will probably notice tomorrow 🙃

If she puts another battery in I'm getting a hammer to it!

The clock is gone!

I repeat: THE ANNOYING TWEETY BIRD CLOCK IS GONE!!!

I forgot to mention that a few weeks ago my Mum did notice that the sound effect of the clock wasn't working (I can't believe how long it took her to notice 😅), she got it down to change the battery but as soon as Tweety started talking she realised how much better it is to have a quiet clock so we both agreed to get rid of it! 😁

I don't have a good quality picture of it, so this picture has been cropped out from another photo, but this is the clock from Hell!

⬇️

20221125_163935.thumb.jpg.3821f931290a4aa0d2375dd611982e18.jpg

(each hour section would also turn around at the start of a new hour making a horrible squeaking noise, I'm so glad it's gone!)

So long Tweety bird! 👋 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I'm so glad that today is finally the shortest day and that it will finally be light for longer starting tomorrow.:yay:

When I was younger, when it got nearer to December I would be so excited for Christmas day. Now I'm an adult with SAD and the 21st has fastly become one of my favourite days instead! 😅

Bring on the longer daylight! :yay:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

You're a genius! Or desperate. Or both. 😁 

I'll take being a genius any day!

Or...

Both Is Good The Road To El Dorado GIF

Used the breville three times now to cook chips in, cheaper than an oven and just as tasty! 😁

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Me too :hug:  :wootjump:I hate bad season and I live for summer 🏖

I like winter, but I struggle with the fact that it takes so long in the morning to finally have some daylight. And it would help to get up if it wasn't dark for so long. But it's also connected to my current vitamin and mineral deficiency that I struggle to get up. I don't know, in the past I didn't care that it was dark for so long. 😅

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I like winter, but I struggle with the fact that it takes so long in the morning to finally have some daylight. And it would help to get up if it wasn't dark for so long. But it's also connected to my current vitamin and mineral deficiency that I struggle to get up. I don't know, in the past I didn't care that it was dark for so long. 😅

In autumn/winter my skin face gets red, flaky and itchy, my knees and my wrist are very painful, even my feet sometimes I can't breathe due to dust allergies when I can't go outside and I have to stay in (spring/summer sea and sun fix all that) 

I also don't like the short days...but Mika helps tremendously with that part :mika1:

Those past two winters as I was still taking care of my aunt who lived by the sea and I didn't work as many hours as now I had managed to swim all year long in the sea and I was feeling much better.

I reaĺly need to move by the sea. Hopefully to the south of France where my mother has a little house by the mediteranean sea. I can't do it now but I hope at some point I'll be able to. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

In autumn/winter my skin face gets red, flaky and itchy, my knees and my wrist are very painful, even my feet sometimes I can't breathe due to dust allergies when I can't go outside and I have to stay in (spring/summer sea and sun fix all that) 

It's understandable that you prefer summer. :hug:

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 2:14 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

You can do this on a pc by renaming the file.mp3 instead of file.mp4

Otherwise there are android aps like this one I use on my phone and which is free

Sorry I'm so late I must really be Mika after all :teehee:

Screenshot_20221222-151103_One UI Home.jpg

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

You can do this on a pc by renaming the file.mp3 instead of file.mp4

Otherwise there are android aps like this one I use on my phone and which is free

Sorry I'm so late I must really be Mika after all :teehee:

Screenshot_20221222-151103_One UI Home.jpg

Most DVD players don't play mp4 files on a disc (some might through a USB but none of mine do). I'm wanting to make some region free discs, which needs to be in a specific DVD format.

Hoping the software I've seen might have a subscription sale in January!

2 hours ago, Prisca said:

:facepalm:

To the naughty corner, now.

1400217835_MikaFinger.jpg.db8ad65cf6fe65f32b1aafb006db3629.jpg

2 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Hero you get to clean the butterfly lounge :wootjump:

Did you do it on purpose? :naughty:

:dunno_grin:

I'm confused. Do I go to the NC or the BL? And why? 

:insane:

Flurble.

• Haha 3