Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

1 hour ago, PoodleSnow said:

This is general wondering, but also Mika related. I’ve now dealing daily life with four languages. I can manage it at the most times,  but I realised today that when you also live in multiple countries, it’s not just about the languages. It’s also units, time zones, you have to drive with different rules…. :hypo: How that is humanly possible!

Servants and chauffeurs :mf_rosetinted:  And several watches

• Haha 2

This is really random but I didn't think that I would be this happy when Mika announces a new song (even if it's a duet). I've been smiling since yesterday. What happens when he will announce a concert in London and what happens if I can buy my ticket? I will be over the moon. :D  Edit: I loved his music for over 10 years but I became a fan in the last year, I don't know why this didn't happen until now :D 

Edited by Tunde Pfeffer
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, PoodleSnow said:

First release for me, after this new obsession. I can’t get how I didn’t saw it until 15 hours after the news! I might take my blinders off.

This is not my first release, but I didn't like Yoyo that much last year (don't hate me, please :D that song is just not for me, or I don't know), and before that - from the fall of 2019 to the spring of 2021 -  I had health issues and I didn't really follow his work anymore or did anything else I normally do (my vision was deteriorating I couldn't read anymore and didn't see faces either, doctors didn't know why and I was very depressed. But since then they found out I have an autoimmune disease, I'm treating it and I'm okay now). Before this, I listened to all of his music and loved all of them, but I wasn't this happy about the new song announcement as I am now.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PoodleSnow said:

My journey started after the Eurovision. We all have different take with illnesses. For me it helps to have first time in my life music that actually effects to my mood. I have health problems and can’t most likely never travel to his concerts and it makes me sad time to time, even in other ways I’m not sad about my situation. 

Yes, his music definitely helps with our mood, especially in a time of need (health issues), but I was so depressed, I didn't even think of Mika, although it would have been good for me to listen to his music at that time. I'm sorry you most likely can't travel to one of his concerts, but "most likely" is not "never", so there is hope, and who knows? Maybe Mika will come to you one day (sorry, I forgot which country you live in). :-) 

• Like 1

hours ago, Hero said:

You met two Jimmy's in a bar? 

What kind of bar was this? :lmfao:

A bit like Club Tropicana, where the drinks are free but only if you're called Jimmy, and the barman will never ask "why the long face?" because everyone is best friends with Mary Jane! :naughty:

After a quick google I did actually discover Jimmy's Gay Bar in Las Vegas! Next stop for an MFC meet up?  :teehee:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

After a quick google I did actually discover Jimmy's Gay Bar in Las Vegas! Next stop for an MFC meet up?  :teehee:

I'm just concerned you were googling Jimmy's! Might wanna clear your browsing history... :naughty:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

A bit like Club Tropicana, where the drinks are free but only if you're called Jimmy, and the barman will never ask "why the long face?" because everyone is best friends with Mary Jane! :naughty:

After a quick google I did almctually discover Jimmy's Gay Bar in Las Vegas! Next stop for an MFC meet up?  :teehee:

:lmfao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2023 at 3:43 PM, Tunde Pfeffer said:

This is not my first release, but I didn't like Yoyo that much last year (don't hate me, please :D that song is just not for me, or I don't know), and before that - from the fall of 2019 to the spring of 2021 -  I had health issues and I didn't really follow his work anymore or did anything else I normally do (my vision was deteriorating I couldn't read anymore and didn't see faces either, doctors didn't know why and I was very depressed. But since then they found out I have an autoimmune disease, I'm treating it and I'm okay now). Before this, I listened to all of his music and loved all of them, but I wasn't this happy about the new song announcement as I am now.  

Glad you are better :huglove:

• Like 2

hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I am using Redbubble but it's just for photo edits so only royalties to get.

But at least no direct fees. You upload your photo and it's done. Then once a month they send you money on PayPal account with royalties from sold items.

Now I started a new YouTube channel for DIY tutorials. I created as well FB page connected to YT and I would like to try to sell via FB. I have to create a base of followers and it will take time. For the moment I concentrate on recording tutorials.

One thing - it's not my main source of earning money so no stress if it goes slowly.

Quoting you into this thread so that the "How are you feeling?" one doesn't go off topic.

I forgot about Redbubble! I'll probably look into that too, it's great for photos and digital patterns that work well on a variety of products. It just can't be used as a market place for anything you've made yourself, but it can be a good source of income to have on the side!

(even if it is only small)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Quoting you into this thread so that the "How are you feeling?" one doesn't go off topic.

I forgot about Redbubble! I'll probably look into that too, it's great for photos and digital patterns that work well on a variety of products. It just can't be used as a market place for anything you've made yourself, but it can be a good source of income to have on the side!

(even if it is only small)

I think it can work as well on "normal" drawings scanned and put on different objects. It doesn't need to be created digitally.

• Like 1

I have a Mika-related question but it‘s still pretty random 😅

Is it true that Mika gave the pink suit he wore at Eurovision to Sebastian Pufpaff (German tv host)?

It just ocurred to me again because I was wondering if it was the same suit he wore for the Gala tonight.

B9AB5E34-2595-40E6-8B95-765F8DD8A718.thumb.jpeg.c9292962c7f470c4bfc1899e5eb75dfc.jpeg

7 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

I have a Mika-related question but it‘s still pretty random 😅

Is it true that Mika gave the pink suit he wore at Eurovision to Sebastian Pufpaff (German tv host)?

It just ocurred to me again because I was wondering if it was the same suit he wore for the Gala tonight.

B9AB5E34-2595-40E6-8B95-765F8DD8A718.thumb.jpeg.c9292962c7f470c4bfc1899e5eb75dfc.jpeg

I don't think Sebastian has Mika's suit as it has white buttons and stitching on the lapels.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tunde Pfeffer said:

I haven't listened to any Mika songs today and it was a very dull day. Then I listened to some and now everything's better. :D 

He's our doctor, the only medicine we need. :lol3:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Was sat waiting at the bus stop to come home after work, scrolling the forum with my headphones in. About 8pm, dark, sat by myself although a couple of other people were stood waiting further along. A shabby guy shuffles up to me, stinking of alcohol, and looms over me until I take my headphones out. He starts in a fake whiny pathetic accent that I've heard all too often round here, usually by people trying to get money out of you, while slurring his words, "scuse me love, if I give you this pound (scrabbling in his dirty ripped jeans) will you ring a taxi for me?"

Bit taken aback, mind whirring as to what possible scams it might be, I said "err, no."

He looked at me and slurred "why not? I've offered to give you a quid". I was starting to get annoyed and didn't want the discussion about not trusting him/his money, so just said "because I don't want to".

There's nothing quite like the self righteous rage of an entitled man with a chip on his shoulder who thinks the world owes him a favour, when a woman refuses to do something he wants. It was quite funny how off base he was with his insults. 

- I'm what's wrong with this s**tty country. 

- I'm a rich racist white bitch. (..he was white...:doh:)

- I'm a fat ugly ginger cow (oh yaaawwn...)

- and being ginger is why I don't get any sex. :lmfao: 

I was sat laughing to myself at most of this, including how he'd suddenly lost the whiny tone in his voice . Realised I wasn't biting so moved onto:

- My mother was a fat ginger bitch too, well she must have been to have me...  (nope, she was a normal sized blonde, one of the nicest people you could hope to meet, and good job she raised me properly so I know not to respond to that blatant provocation...)

- I'm illiterate. (?? Cleverly deduced from a verbal discussion :lol3:)

- I'm an ugly illiterate selfish racist bitch with no hope because I'm from Hull. (No mate, I just work here... at an educational establishment as part of one of the biggest international communities in the area...)

- I'm typical of the lowlives that plague Hull. (Funny, I was just thinking the same about him...)

From there it degenerated into the usual F off, f you, and him shouting insults at me as he stomped down the street. Oh no, please, don't go.. I've so enjoyed our conversation, you've really brightened my day, so glad I met you. Do be careful crossing the street, I'd hate for that bus to run you over...  etc. 

So! How was your day? :doh:

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Hero said:

Was sat waiting at the bus stop to come home after work, scrolling the forum with my headphones in. About 8pm, dark, sat by myself although a couple of other people were stood waiting further along. A shabby guy shuffles up to me, stinking of alcohol, and looms over me until I take my headphones out. He starts in a fake whiny pathetic accent that I've heard all too often round here, usually by people trying to get money out of you, while slurring his words, "scuse me love, if I give you this pound (scrabbling in his dirty ripped jeans) will you ring a taxi for me?"

Bit taken aback, mind whirring as to what possible scams it might be, I said "err, no."

He looked at me and slurred "why not? I've offered to give you a quid". I was starting to get annoyed and didn't want the discussion about not trusting him/his money, so just said "because I don't want to".

There's nothing quite like the self righteous rage of an entitled man with a chip on his shoulder who thinks the world owes him a favour, when a woman refuses to do something he wants. It was quite funny how off base he was with his insults. 

- I'm what's wrong with this s**tty country. 

- I'm a rich racist white bitch. (..he was white...:doh:)

- I'm a fat ugly ginger cow (oh yaaawwn...)

- and being ginger is why I don't get any sex. :lmfao: 

I was sat laughing to myself at most of this, including how he'd suddenly lost the whiny tone in his voice . Realised I wasn't biting so moved onto:

- My mother was a fat ginger bitch too, well she must have been to have me...  (nope, she was a normal sized blonde, one of the nicest people you could hope to meet, and good job she raised me properly so I know not to respond to that blatant provocation...)

- I'm illiterate. (?? Cleverly deduced from a verbal discussion :lol3:)

- I'm an ugly illiterate selfish racist bitch with no hope because I'm from Hull. (No mate, I just work here... at an educational establishment as part of one of the biggest international communities in the area...)

- I'm typical of the lowlives that plague Hull. (Funny, I was just thinking the same about him...)

From there it degenerated into the usual F off, f you, and him shouting insults at me as he stomped down the street. Oh no, please, don't go.. I've so enjoyed our conversation, you've really brightened my day, so glad I met you. Do be careful crossing the street, I'd hate for that bus to run you over...  etc. 

So! How was your day? :doh:

I always get people at bus stops who want to tell me their life story (or even worse, ON the bus).  As for drunks wanting money at night, in Sheffield they were quite inventive.  Rarely resorted to insults.  Never had anyone offering me money - maybe he'd lost (or never had) his phone.

12 minutes ago, silver said:

I always get people at bus stops who want to tell me their life story (or even worse, ON the bus).  As for drunks wanting money at night, in Sheffield they were quite inventive.  Rarely resorted to insults.  Never had anyone offering me money - maybe he'd lost (or never had) his phone.

I doubt he had a phone. Or a way to pay the taxi. Yeah, I've had a few characters. I had a scally on a bike once ask me for money, who span me a yarn about growing up in care and struggling to find work. Thing is, there were big holes in his story, and at the crucial point, he turned away from me and actually rubbed his fists into his eyes to make them water so it looked like he was crying. It was so blatant. I almost graded his performance. :lol3:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PoodleSnow said:

I was offline  about a week and a hour hasn’t been enough to get me up to date with everything. I even missed the soundtrack release :doh: Even Youtube didn’t show it in my followed content, bc how it was added to the channel.

Youtube didn't notify me either although it should have. Fortunately, I knew about the release so I just searched for it. Hope you will catch up with it, it's really good. :-))

• Like 2

I translated 50 (size A4 which is about 100 size A5) pages from my fantasy novel into English!!! Yay!!! :D:D 

I was wondering if I can open a "Happy Thread" on the forum where we can share if something positive has happened to us (whether it's a small thing, a good grade at school, a new job, or a step up in your career). I don't know if it's a good idea but we have something like this on Facebook in a translators group (it's called Positive Friday) and it's a good vibe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen a group of about 30 youths on mopeds speeding through town. But not nicely. Spread across the whole street, ignoring all other traffic and pedestrians, even mounting the pavement. One woman had to quickly dive into the cafe to avoid being knocked over! They really think they're untouchable. 

• Sad 1

On 2/7/2023 at 10:31 AM, Tunde Pfeffer said:

I was wondering if I can open a "Happy Thread" on the forum where we can share if something positive has happened to us (whether it's a small thing, a good grade at school, a new job, or a step up in your career). I don't know if it's a good idea but we have something like this on Facebook in a translators group (it's called Positive Friday) and it's a good vibe.

Go for it! I'm all for anything that makes my day more positive (that's actually part of my New Year's resolution for this year!). I have a general day to day diary but I also keep a Happiness Journal which is just for all the things that make me happy. And it literally can be anything from seeing a dog wagging its tail to hearing a favourite song on the radio. I should really update my journal though because the main thing in it at the moment is my report of seeing Mika in London last year! So maybe a thread here would help remind me to write more often!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Go for it! I'm all for anything that makes my day more positive (that's actually part of my New Year's resolution for this year!). I have a general day to day diary but I also keep a Happiness Journal which is just for all the things that make me happy. And it literally can be anything from seeing a dog wagging its tail to hearing a favourite song on the radio. I should really update my journal though because the main thing in it at the moment is my report of seeing Mika in London last year! So maybe a thread here would help remind me to write more often!

I've been thinking and I realized that this "Random" thread and the "Oldlings" can also be used for sharing positive things and thoughts with each other, so I'm not sure if it is worth a whole new thread. But if you think otherwise and want to open it, feel free to do it. :-))

The Happiness Journal is such a good idea! I've never even thought about something like that, but I completely understand why Mika takes up so much space in yours. :D 

• Like 2