MIKA at Sanremo Music Festival, Italy - 9th February 2017

Gabry74

In some way they are similar indeed,but I think he was way more nervous at Sanremo,at least this is my impression ;)

You're right. Probably he didn't succeed in scaring himself enough the first time ;-)

Edited by Pascale
  • Like 2

By the way, This performance reminds me very much of the performance of the cover She's always a woman to me http://www.raiplay.it/video/2016/10/Mika-canta-quotSheaposs-always-a-womanquot---Che-tempo-che-fa-del-23102016-3a2067ad-43b3-44cd-b1e2-7b30f87da0d6.html

He's also very nervous there, his voice is not optimal or the cover is not right for him, the performance is touching and intense and the expression on his face (did I do well? Oh I'm glad they liked it) at the end of both songs is very similar. Interesting that he chooses to do things that scare him so and that seem to be too demanding for his voice or nerves.

Interesting that you compare these two because I get totally different vibes from these performances. The one he did for Rai is actually one of my favorite covers. I guess it's always a very subjective experience. 

• Like 2

Interesting that you compare these two because I get totally different vibes from these performances. The one he did for Rai is actually one of my favorite covers. I guess it's always a very subjective experience.

oh but it's one of my favorites as well. No mixed feelings here. Still they remind me of each other. Anyway you're right. It ís always a very subjective experience.

http://www.today.it/gossip/vip/sanremo-2017-bacio-conti-mika.html

Sanremo 2017, saltato il bacio gay tra Conti e Mika

Secondo un'indiscrezione lanciata da Chi, il conduttore si sarebbe rifiutato di baciare la popstar in risposta al colpo di scena della sera prima tra Maria De Filippi e Robbie Williams.

Quello sì che sarebbe stato un colpo di scena. Secondo un'indiscrezione lanciata dal settimanale Chi, giovedì sera al Festival di Sanremo sarebbe dovuto scattare un bacio tra Carlo Conti e Mika. Idea di alcuni autori, che ha fatto storcere il naso al conduttore. Conti, infatti, non si è prestato alla gag, e a parte una pacca sulla spalla e tanti complimenti, non si è fatto sfuggire niente di più con la popstar libanese.
L'unico bacio di questa edizione sul palco dell'Ariston, resta quindi quello tra Robbie Williams e Maria De Filippi, architettato proprio da Carlo Conti. "Un bacio a stampo", come aveva subito chiarito la regina di Mediaset, ma bello intenso.

mika-conti-2.jpg

Basically it says that there was this idea according to which the conductor Carlo Conti could have kissed Mika during the show in response to the kiss that Robbie Williams gave to the other conductor Maria De Filippi the night before, but Carlo Conti didn't agree. It's just some gossip news  :huh: 

Long version is shared by

Una vita da social

https://www.facebook.com/unavitadasocial/posts/602950866569041

:bow: Could anyone translate the message please ?

• Like 2

He basically suggested to get over the shame and talk to someone, talk to parents or teachers or friends and also help others through listening :)

:) Thanks Eriko and Monsi67!  :hug: Imo, this's a very important "message" - and I wish it was  broadcasted in English, to reach as  many people as possible ;) 

I really hope our good guy MIKA is an inspiration for others,  in the same situation... :) 

Love, love

me 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...