#CasaMika 2 - 2017

mari62

14 hours ago, zia Giovi said:

I had the same impression about Gregory, he strongly reminds me Sendak's charachters.

I don't want to duplicate or spoil the subtitling team's work, anyway in a few words Gregory is a childhood friend of Mika who is suffering of depression and Mika tries to help him by staying by his side. 

It was a very touching speech, anyone who has experienced depression (I mean the clinical one, not just being sad for a while) can identify him/herself in Mika's words. In that moment he was using very simple but direct words, my husband and I were both really moved.

Thank you for explaining the story with Gregory. Currently I struggle with my dad's depression. There are ups and downs but together we are definitely stronger. There are no words or medication better than support of close people to you.

• Like 4

I miss Paola, too. Her scenes were some of my favorites, I was just so amused by the awkward flirting and dancing. :teehee:  But, her scenes were all kind of variations on the same joke, so I totally understand why they wouldn't want to just do the same thing again. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, krysady said:

Inizialmente ero preoccupato della presenza di Luciana in questo show, perché ho letto tanti commenti negativi su di lei nei media. Ma dopo averla vista nel primo episodio, posso dire che mi è piaciuta. Non era affatto volgare, il suo monologo era molto emotivo e il suo momento con Dita era così divertente! Era perfetta per quella scena perché è così opposta a Dita e la sua ironia è stata divertente. Sarebbe veramente triste se fosse la ragione di un ratting più basso ... Comunque, l'atmosfera di quest'anno mi sembra più calorosa e intima, come c'è più di Mika nello spettacolo rispetto allo scorso anno. Almeno questa è la mia sensazione. E tutta la stampa che ho letto è positivo e bello, spero che i prossimi episodi sollevino più pubblico : Thumb_yello:

I'm agree with you! Also to me Luciana does not like much as a comedian, but here it made me really laugh, without being vulgar.

I also hope it goes better in the next episodes!

Obviously, Virginia Raffaele doesn't beat anyone. It is another level of skill and I too lack...

• Like 2

I just went searching the internet for info on the show.  i always check Wikipedia, in the past I have contributed to some articles. .  I don't know how big this contributor driven encyclopedia is in Europe, but....

the ItalianCasa Mika page has almost nothing on it.   I am a professional writer.  But I don't speak Italian. I am not as knowledgable about as the show as the Italian lot.  .  If I were, I might roll up my sleeves and write some proper informative, insightful information for the page.  It's important for Wikipedia foe articles to be fact based with citations if possible and I know this is work.  But many people submit their own Wikipedia pages, almost anything will go up if it is informative and not obviously crazy.

I just toss the idea out lightly.  Certainly most people are too busy to engage in this kind of contribution.  But just in case, I humbly mention  it. @dcdeb you are the only one I have come across who writes professionally?  I know Mika must have a publicity team, but this is not where they would place their energy,  still I think the page could use even a few paragraphs of help. But I admit there is much more I don't know about the Mikaverse than what I do.  

I have many wild ideas.  My theory is that the more ideas you have, the more likely one of them may be a good one.  And I love much of what Mika does.  I support his vision with my heart.  Gosh I can't wait for English subtitles.

Pat

PS Isn't Luciana like a big sister/mother hen for Mika?  I liked her from the moment when she mopped his forehead with her skirt.  But I may feel differently when I know more of what she is saying. 

• Like 3

@Anditwassummer I haven't checked the Italian Wikipedia page, but I agree with you that it's a good way of promoting the show if they put enough info on there. I don't think @dcdeb has time for updating it, but maybe she can mention it to Mika's team - surely there's someone at Rai2 or Mika's Italian Management who can take care of it.

Although I guess for now maybe it'd be better if some Italian fan added some info, because I'm sure Mika's team won't manage it in time before Casa Mika 2 is over. :aah:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Anditwassummer said:

I just went searching the internet for info on the show.  i always check Wikipedia, in the past I have contributed to some articles. .  I don't know how big this contributor driven encyclopedia is in Europe, but....

the ItalianCasa Mika page has almost nothing on it.  

Hello! Unfortunately, it's not only the Italian page that's not updated, but the English, French and Spanish ones too, for example. Wikipedia is not always the most reliable source, but lots of people read it for informations. Some weeks ago I tried to correct some mistakes on Mika's English Wikipedia page, but - as I'm Italian and I have never worked on Wikipedia -  I wrote the last two post (9th October) in this talk page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Mika_(singer) asking for help. Nobody answered, so I tried to ask on the online help chat of Wikipedia... It didn't go so well... After 2 hours of discussion (because apparently Italian or French articles from official sources were not considered reliable...) I managed to have an editor correct only a few things and add a mention of Stasera Casa Mika and the Rose d'Or award. For example, the last 2 dvd are still missing in the filmography section... 

On another note, someone on twitter started this beautiful hashtag #whenIvebeenGregory to help people talk about their stories and, in a way, say "thank you" to Mika for creating the character of Gregory and talking about important themes, like depression, fears and sadness in his show. In my opinion, it was a really touching moment. It's good when in a show there's lots of fun, but also something that makes you reflect.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, mariafrancy said:

Hello! Unfortunately, it's not only the Italian page that's not updated, but the English, French and Spanish ones too, for example. Wikipedia is not always the most reliable source, but lots of people read it for informations. Some weeks ago I tried to correct some mistakes on Mika's English Wikipedia page, but - as I'm Italian and I have never worked on Wikipedia -  I wrote the last two post (9th October) in this talk page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Mika_(singer) asking for help. Nobody answered, so I tried to ask on the online help chat of Wikipedia... It didn't go so well... After 2 hours of discussion (because apparently Italian or French articles from official sources were not considered reliable...) I managed to have an editor correct only a few things and add a mention of Stasera Casa Mika and the Rose d'Or award. For example, the last 2 dvd are still missing in the filmography section... 

On another note, someone on twitter started this beautiful hashtag #whenIvebeenGregory to help people talk about their stories and, in a way, say "thank you" to Mika for creating the character of Gregory and talking about important themes, like depression, fears and sadness in his show. In my opinion, it was a really touching moment. It's good when in a show there's lots of fun, but also something that makes you reflect.

So several years ago I had a horrible depression caused by a medication I was taking for a sleep disorder.  I sat in my chair for two years looking out the window and waiting for each second to pass.  I will not go into details but I have learned more than I ever wanted to about emotional pain -- and compassion.  But on the other hand, I am still here.  

I started crying when Gregory came out --  and I still don't speak Italian.    

Sometimes I have a very bad day. Today was one.  Then I started reading the #whenIvebeenGregory and had another crying jag.  Because at least I didn't feel alone. Thank you for posting it.

I will try to follow up on the English page when I stop crying. 

Could be a while.:)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, mariafrancy said:

(preface: I really enjoy copy editing wikipedia and have some experience with its community) Despite Wikipedia's reputation for being untrustworthy (and it sort of is, as yes, it can be edited by everyone), the community that does most of the editing on Wikipedia and is mostly responsible for keeping it factual is very uptight. They see themselves as upholding a very serious responsibility - which they kind of do, but they can take it far too seriously sometimes. They can be extremely haughty and unkind and it doesn't surprise me that they were semi-rude to you. They're rude to everyone, and I'm very sorry you had to deal with that. Looking at the talk page, I don't think the person who responded to you was saying that articles in French or Italian were untrustworthy - I think they were saying that they didn't feel comfortable THEMSELVES using them as sources because they didn't speak French or Italian, and were concerned that they might say some info came from a certain French or Italian source when in reality the person editing the article misunderstood the French/Italian. Basically, they just didn't want their own lack of understanding of the language to cause incorrect info. The point of their second response is that the wording of the BBC2 stuff sounds like it's written as an advertisement. Wikipedia has very strict rules about wording, and things that sound like ads are not allowed and get removed fast. That's also why Mika's people might not have fixed it themselves - Wikipedia actually really dislikes people or their representatives editing their own pages for conflict-of-interest reasons.

Because we're all Mika experts here (:wink2:) I think we can safely use and cite articles even in languages we don't or barely speak, because we know already what they're trying to say and will know when things are wrong. A lot of the writing and adding citations done by any of us would be writing from memory and looking for citations after the fact, which is perfectly fine and also means we'll know what's accurate. Of course it pains me to say it, but I don't expect that the English language version of Mika's Wiki page is one that the over-zealous Wikipedia fact checkers will be paying too much attention to, so I think it's perfectly okay for anyone on this forum who feels up to the task to correct the info/add info to Mika's wiki page, as long as it is cited/sourced. If we need to cite French/Italian, I think we're safe to do so without anyone coming after us because they're concerned that the info is not correct for what's in the citation because they don't speak the language. (sadly) I don't think that anyone is going to go over the sources with a fine toothed comb.

To be completely clear, I'm not saying info should be added without citations. Only that we're all knowledgeable enough on the topic to safely write from articles even if we don't 100% understand the language, and that the article is under the radar enough that no one will drill us on whether we understood the sources perfectly.

in other words, whoever knows their way around wikipedia and feels up to it, have at that article please! I might take a look at it myself later, when I finish my photography homework :lmfao: 

Edit for aftertought: anyone here who speaks both french and english very well should take a crack at Jenifer's wiki - her french wikipedia page is very long, well written and detailed, but the english one is only a few paragraphs long and has very poor grammar. If my french was better I would do it myself!)

Edited by ladyolivier
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ladyolivier said:

in other words, whoever knows their way around wikipedia and feels up to it, have at that article please! I might take a look at it myself later, when I finish my photography homework :lmfao: 

7 hours ago, Anditwassummer said:

I will try to follow up on the English page

Thank you! You know the rules of Wikipedia and the language much better than me! I only tried to correct the mistakes, but it's a "world" I don't know much about. And the editor I talked with made it very clear that he wasn't interested in the matter. The part of the BBC is taken from the BBC page (I found it here on MFC): it was just a draft and I used it only to give the information, but the editor said he wasn't the right person to do this work (that I can understand: everyone has different interests). But some weeks ago I was reading other more well-known artist pages and I saw that they have much more "promotional" material, like programs where they appeared on just as guests, to make promotion for their albums release for example... So, as you said, you probably just have to know your way around Wikipedia.

7 hours ago, Anditwassummer said:

Then I started reading the #whenIvebeenGregory and had another crying jag.  Because at least I didn't feel alone. Thank you for posting it.

Yes, it was really important for me too. I usually don't write much on twitter (and here), but I think this moment and others in the show can help many people (me too). I hope you have a nice Sunday with the ones you love!

• Like 3

Spettacoli News

pdf file : a-stasera-casamika-arrivano-lopera-e-topolino.pdf

CasaMika_2017_11.061-.thumb.jpg.00f8fc17d8cb37d7706010f946da1905.jpg

http://www.spettacolinews.it/a-stasera-casamika-arrivano-lopera-e-topolino-20171176620.html

A Stasera CasaMika arrivano l'Opera e... Topolino

Martedì 7 novembre alle 21.20 su Rai2

Secondo appuntamento con la nuova edizione di Stasera CasaMika, martedì 7 novembre alle 21.20 su Rai2. Mika riaprirà le porte della sua casa ormai entrata nell’immaginario degli italiani come emblema  di grande spettacolo, musica e divertimento.

E per la prima volta il grande patrimonio lirico italiano e internazionale farà il suo ingresso in un programma d’intrattenimento. Da sempre affascinato dalle trame avvincenti del teatro delle meraviglie, infatti, Mika riproporrà al grande pubblico televisivo L'Elisir d'Amore di Gaetano Donizetti. E lo farà a modo suo, con un poetico racconto che si avvale della  messa in scena del prestigioso regista d'opera Damiano Michieletto  e della collaborazione del Maggio Fiorentino e della sua Accademia.

Sarà un momento onirico che si consumerà in pochi istanti: la furtiva lacrima che spunta dagli occhi di Adina diventerà per Mika e per gli spettatori "la meraviglia che non si può' spiegare, ma solo cantare". Mika sarà affiancato da Manuel Amati (Nemorino), Eleonora Bellocci (Adina), Tommaso Barea (Belcore) e Stefano Marchisio (Dulcamara).

Dopo l'Opera, poi, tanti nuovi e grandi ospiti, a partire da Topolino, che torna in uno show italiano a distanza di molti anni dalla sua ultima partecipazione. Accompagnati dall’Orchestra dell’Opera Italiana, Mika e Mickey Mouse si esibiranno in una performance inedita arricchita da un viaggio in musica nelle più belle colonne sonore dei film d’animazione Disney.

Mika riuscirà a far cantare in inglese Fiorella Mannoia, che interpreterà 'The long and winding road' dei Beatles,  e duetterà poi con Massimo Ranieri, rivivendo con lui alcuni emozionanti  momenti della carriera di Mariangela Melato.

Arriveranno a CasaMika anche Luca e Paolo, Serena Rossi e Alessio Boni. Accompagnati dalla resident band diretta da Valeriano Chiaravalle, si esibiranno anche Francesco Gabbani, i Clean Bandit e i The Kolors. Infine, tornerà l’ex coinquilina Sarah Felberbaum.

Saranno, come sempre, le emozionanti performance di Mika e la sua capacità di coinvolgere grandi artisti nazionali ed internazionali in momenti unici a fare da filo conduttore di una puntata che vedrà ancora come compagni di viaggio l’esuberante Luciana Littizzetto, il melanconico e magico Gregory, l’amico con cui Mika si confida senza filtri, e Melachi e Amira, le due amatissime golden retriever dello showman. Il pubblico scoprirà poi come se l’è cavata, nelle vesti di tassista, nel traffico di Napoli, giungendo a sorpresa a prelevare i clienti del servizio taxi, ignari di trovare proprio lui come conducente del mezzo. Proseguirà anche l’appuntamento con la fiction "Il Ragazzo Che Viene Dal Futuro" (un progetto originale nato da un’idea di Mika e Ivan Cotroneo), che porta Mika indietro di 50 anni, nel 1967, alla scoperta di un’Italia molto diversa da quella di oggi. Come sempre, non mancheranno le sorprese e i grandi successi canori di Mika e della storia della canzone italiana e internazionale.

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Episode-1

On 2017/11/1 at 8:14 PM, Kumazzz said:

REPLAY

Episode-1

Download

VK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Episode - 1

Backstage

2017.10.30 La Vita in Diretta

VK 2017.10.30 La Vita in Diretta Casa Mika [HD]

2017.11.31 TG2 20h30

VK : 2017.10.31_20h30_TG2-Casa Mika

A part of Mika

Edited by Kumazzz
adding VK link
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

this is the one i'm using if you still need it: https://www.firstonetv.net/Live/Italy/Rai-2--32

For some reason, all  I see are French ads. It used to work though :dunno:

Edit: I can see it partly on phone which is much better than nothing on laptop :original: 

Edited by crazyaboutmika

1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

For some reason, all  I see are French ads. It used to work though :dunno:

Edit: I can see it partly on phone which is much better than nothing on laptop :original: 

1 minute ago, We-Are-Golden said:

Was watching on my phone, but the stream started to glitch after an hour so I had to click it away. Now I was trying to watch it on my laptop, but it isn't even loading anymore :( Gonna have to wait for the Replay I suppose. :( 

what browser are you using? it only works for me if i use internet explorer instead of chrome

25 minutes ago, kreacher said:

what browser are you using? it only works for me if i use internet explorer instead of chrome

I tried Firefox, Chrome and Opera but I never use IE...I will have to dl it and see..firefox focus is not too bad but it stops once in a while then starts again..When the image freezes on Mika I take screenshots   :das::naughty: 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I tried Firefox, Chrome and Opera but I never use IE...I will have to dl it and see..firefox focus is not too bad but it stops once in a while then starts again..When the image freezes on Mika I take screenshots   :das::naughty: 

excellent use of time! :lmfao:  mine only froze once today, on a Fiat

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

excellent use of time! :lmfao:  mine only froze once today, on a Fiat

I already drive a Fiat :lmfao: so it froze on Mika :teehee::lmao::floor: 

However I absolutely loved the parts I was able to watch :wub2::wub2::wub2::swoon: 

Edited by crazyaboutmika