#CasaMika 2 - 2017

mari62

So yesterday my roommate, who doesn't speak Italian and is not even a Mika fan decided to watch it with me. And she did it till the end without any complains. She really is the best roommate and she already downloaded few songs. Looks like we have a newbie in the fandom😎

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

REPLAY

Episode-2

Download

VK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

TV-news

TG2

13 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

TG2 20h30 on November 7, 2017

ORIGINAL TG2-2030

A Part of Mika

VK : 2017.11.07 TG2-20h30 casamika

TG2

12 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

TG1 on November 7, 2017

A Part  of Mika

Facebook Backstage LIVE videos

a part of Mika

Edited by Kumazzz
adding YouTube link
  • Like 6

Does anyone know when is the first episode of SCM due with English subtitles by the subtitling team?

Will it be posted here?

Thanks in advance for all info!

Mariagrazia

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dotoli said:

Does anyone know when is the first episode of SCM due with English subtitles by the subtitling team?

Will it be posted here?

Mariagrazia

I don't know because I'm not in the subtitling team but there is a hell of a lot that goes into subtitles so we are gonna have to be really patient for the episodes. They get translated into a few languages and the translations have to be added to the correct times and stuff. Also the team will have work or school and stuff so it may take a little while because the episodes are really long but it will be worth it! Just hang on a little while longer!

• Like 5

So, did the 2nd show get more viewers than the first?

I loved it, with the Disney songs and Pick up off the floor. :fangurl: Sadly I couldn't watch the 2nd half of the show, as the stream kept freezing. I hope I'll soon find time to watch the replay.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mellody said:

I loved it, with the Disney songs and Pick up off the floor. :fangurl: Sadly I couldn't watch the 2nd half of the show, as the stream kept freezing. I hope I'll soon find time to watch the replay.

Unfortunately no!
It's true that streaming wasn't very good this time either.
 But the show was full of good times and emotions.

51 minutes ago, mellody said:

Same. I had to click it away after an hour, because the glitching was making me crazy :naughty: 

9 hours ago, mellody said:

Well, I think you didn't miss much. There was a lot of talking :winksmiley02:

23 hours ago, mellody said:

No, unfortunately the show is not doing well from a quantative point of view. The first episode had a 9% share, the second one a 7%. I can't explain why, the show is lovely and Mika is much more confident this year. 

I reckon that Tuesday is not the right day for a variety show, and that the episodes are really long and last until late at night (at least it's late if you wake up at 6 a.m. 😂), but I don't think these are the real reasons of such a drop of the audience 

Edited by zia Giovi
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zia Giovi said:

No, unfortunately the show is not doing well from a quantative point of view. The first episode had a 9% share, the second one a 7%. I can't explain why, the show is lovely and Mika is much more confident this year. 

I reckon that Tuesday is not the right day for a variety show, and that the episodes are really long and last until late at night (at least it's late if you wake up at 6 a.m. 😂), but I don't think these are the real reasons of such a drop of the audience 

I think it is the length of the programmes that puts people off, these days audiences expect short programmes and will quickly turn over to watch something else.    I suppose also it's not such a novelty this year :dunno:

• Like 1

Episode-2

On 2017/11/8 at 8:09 PM, Kumazzz said:

REPLAY

Episode-2

Download

VK

TV-news

TG1 on November 7, 2017

TG2  20h30 on November 7, 2017

Facebook

Backstage VIDEO

seconda puntata

5a04cd733f432_(2017-11-106-45).thumb.png.c8347fa73b0ec6ab4037cbdf8ee4d3e4.png

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zia Giovi said:

This is one of the reasons. Tuesday's positioning of such a show, which is about 3 hours or so long, is definitely wrong, as is the channel on which it is aired, it would have been much better on Friday or Saturday on Rai Uno, where these shows are usually broadcast, to have more audiences. But the main reason for this, I think, was that it was a shared project proposed by the former director of Rai Due, Ilaria Dallatana, who had immense confidence in Mika and his great talent. He had the freedom to do the show, his show, as he wanted. This would certainly be much more difficult on Rai Uno. And then it has had a lot of competition from the other channels, including Rai itself. It's not easy to make a lot of audience having against the broadcasting of fictions, football matches, other very popular shows here in Italy, and movies. The average viewer here is conservative and unwilling to try new things, and honestly not used to seeing a show like Mika's, which is definitely out of the box, and of such quality, today people prefer trash tv and reality shows. The level here has dropped quite low. For example, last tuesday many viewers have preferred to watch Fifty Shades Darker and a fiction on Rai Uno. Mika is not like anyone here (actually, not just here), he is completely atypical and not for everyone, we know it, neither musically, nor as a showman, nor in the current television scene. Mika would not have made this show again here anyway, I think, but he will surely bring it to other countries, even more so with these low audience results for RAI. Without the support of Ilaria Dallatana, I don't know what his future relationships will be with Rai and the new executives. We'll see. It's unpleasant, but the quality doesn't always pay off. Mika is an exceptional 360-degree artist and I hope someone with enough power to do so can still collaborate with him, giving him the right space and freedom to express himself, like in Casa Mika.

Edited by charlie20
  • Like 10

7 hours ago, charlie20 said:

This is one of the reasons. Tuesday's positioning of such a show, which is about 3 hours or so long, is definitely wrong, as is the channel on which it is aired, it would have been much better on Friday or Saturday on Rai Uno, where these shows are usually broadcast, to have more audiences. But the main reason for this, I think, was that it was a shared project proposed by the former director of Rai Due, Ilaria Dallatana, who had immense confidence in Mika and his great talent. He had the freedom to do the show, his show, as he wanted. This would certainly be much more difficult on Rai Uno. And then it has had a lot of competition from the other channels, including Rai itself. It's not easy to make a lot of audience having against the broadcasting of fictions, football matches, other very popular shows here in Italy, and movies. The average viewer here is conservative and unwilling to try new things, and honestly not used to seeing a show like Mika's, which is definitely out of the box, and of such quality, today people prefer trash tv and reality shows. The level here has dropped quite low. For example, last tuesday many viewers have preferred to watch Fifty Shades Darker and a fiction on Rai Uno. Mika is not like anyone here (actually, not just here), he is completely atypical and not for everyone, we know it, neither musically, nor as a showman, nor in the current television scene. Mika would not have made this show again here anyway, I think, but he will surely bring it to other countries, even more so with these low audience results for RAI. Without the support of Ilaria Dallatana, I don't know what his future relationships will be with Rai and the new executives. We'll see. It's unpleasant, but the quality doesn't always pay off. Mika is an exceptional 360-degree artist and I hope someone with enough power to do so can still collaborate with him, giving him the right space and freedom to express himself, like in Casa Mika.

I think you've touched reality!

Mika has tried to share his culture as well as the Italian culture, but most people don't like to be pulled up. They are complacent in mediocrity and that is a shame.

But good for all those who have benefited.

Hopefully this program will be exported, as planned!

Edited by Loo
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, silver said:

I think it is the length of the programmes that puts people off, these days audiences expect short programmes and will quickly turn over to watch something else.    I suppose also it's not such a novelty this year :dunno:

I don't know if that's true for the general TV audience, at least on German TV some casting shows or reality TV last 3 hours or longer, and people watch them. But maybe that's only possible because it's TV shows for which you don't need to use your brain. :mf_rosetinted:

Anyway, personally I prefer shorter shows these days, 8 x 1,5 hours Casa Mika would suit me more than 4 x 3 hours. I hardly watch TV anymore and if I do, not for 3 hours in a row.

• Like 3

Clean Bandit published on Twitter about singing with Mika:

It was very special to do a performance with @mikasounds duetting with @YazzieFierce on his incredible Italian TV show with the craziest set I've ever seen #casamika! There was a giant toaster!! And a giant bath tub. http://bit.ly/CBCasaMika

My sister took me to one of Mika's first gigs in London at Shepherd's Bush Empire about 11 years ago(!?) and then Jack and I took a bus to see him in a festival in Florence around that time too. So to come together and do this in Milan now was extra exciting for us!!

• Like 6

20 hours ago, zia Giovi said:

I agree with you, in my opinion Tuesday is not the best day for a show like this, that lasts so long and ends at night, it's almost in the middle of the working week and people are tired, they prefer to watch something shorter and uncomplicated, they just want to relax after work. Such shows are better at the weekend, when families often watch TV together.

• Like 2

On 08/11/2017 at 4:12 PM, dotoli said:

Will it be posted here?

Mariagrazia

We're almost done , it should be posted here and in the subbed videos thread today or tomorrow :thumb_yello:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I agree with you, in my opinion Tuesday is not the best day for a show like this, that lasts so long and ends at night, it's almost in the middle of the working week and people are tired, they prefer to watch something shorter and uncomplicated, they just want to relax after work. Such shows are better at the weekend, when families often watch TV together.

I agree about the timing.  I am looking forward to watching Mika in The Voice France next year. I watch with my daughter and grandchildren. It is quite long but we can all watch together as it is on Saturday night so don't have to get up early the next day. It usually finishes after 11pm but that is ok at the weekend.

• Like 2