#CasaMika 2 - 2017

mari62

I know I'm a little late to comment on the first episode of Casa Mika but I just watched because I was waiting for the subtitles. And I want to talk about here because none of my other friends are Mika fans so I need someplace to air my feelings, so forgive me if this gets long.

I was really curious to see how Luciana would be after all the discussion, and it's true that at first I didn't think she suited the show very well but then she started to grow on me. When she made that speech before MIka sang "We Are Golden", the open letter to all those kids who feel different, she spoke with such power and sincerity that it made me emotional, I felt every word she was saying.

I don''t exactly understand if Gregory is supposed to be a metaphor or symbol for some part of MIka or his personality, or is he just a character Mika created for the show?

That part when the American guy in the taxi was yelling at Mika that he has no talent and doesn't deserve to have his show was hilarious! Mika took it with such grace and humor, I wish I could see the look on that guy's face when he saw the show! I really wanted Mika to bring him on stage and show him the proof.

This time around I enjoyed the show even more than before, I felt like it was more cohesive, more complete, it held my attention from beginning to end. Last time I'm ashamed to admit I would skip through the songs by the other guests, but this time I didn't because it felt like every song, every scene fit into the full picture, like a movie, and once you started you never looked away once. I can't wait for the next episode, thank you again amazing translating team!

• Like 11

This show always gets even better when I understand what's going on! I adore Luciana even more now. I'm also very very short so I understand her pains :lmfao: Mika and Dita is also SO much funnier with subs! and it was hilarious anyway LOL. I have to ask tho...um...I know some of you were at the recordings. I'm deeply curious how the filming went down for Mika's...um...post-Dita scene. Like, was the audience warned? Obviously it was planned but he looks like he's regretting his choice pretty seriously in that moment. Did they film that mess in one take? I'm so sorry I just...I need more details :lmfao: Mika and his diamonds might be the funniest thing I have ever seen on television and I literally cannot imagine being present for the filming of that. I would have been both rolling on the floor and also VERY UNCOMFORTABLE.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Elenita said:

I don''t exactly understand if Gregory is supposed to be a metaphor or symbol for some part of MIka or his personality, or is he just a character Mika created for the show?

Here's the answer from the man himself: 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ladyolivier said:

This show always gets even better when I understand what's going on! I adore Luciana even more now. I'm also very very short so I understand her pains :lmfao: Mika and Dita is also SO much funnier with subs! and it was hilarious anyway LOL. I have to ask tho...um...I know some of you were at the recordings. I'm deeply curious how the filming went down for Mika's...um...post-Dita scene. Like, was the audience warned? Obviously it was planned but he looks like he's regretting his choice pretty seriously in that moment. Did they film that mess in one take? I'm so sorry I just...I need more details :lmfao: Mika and his diamonds might be the funniest thing I have ever seen on television and I literally cannot imagine being present for the filming of that. I would have been both rolling on the floor and also VERY UNCOMFORTABLE.

I was wondering this myself as well :teehee: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ladyolivier said:

Mika and Dita is also SO much funnier with subs! and it was hilarious anyway LOL. I have to ask tho...um...I know some of you were at the recordings. I'm deeply curious how the filming went down for Mika's...um...post-Dita scene. Like, was the audience warned? Obviously it was planned but he looks like he's regretting his choice pretty seriously in that moment. Did they film that mess in one take? I'm so sorry I just...I need more details :lmfao: Mika and his diamonds might be the funniest thing I have ever seen on television and I literally cannot imagine being present for the filming of that. I would have been both rolling on the floor and also VERY UNCOMFORTABLE.

The whole moment was filmed in one take, yes. And it was mega hilarious, no one has warned us and we really didn't expect at that :teehee:  I suppose they wanted to get a genuine reaction from the audience. The whole moment lasted longer than on TV and they cut some parts where Mika really struggled to keep his "diamonds" in their places, and almost dropped the front one at some point. When he finally fixed the problem, the front cardboard was way too high and the situation very dangerous, and every time he was trying to step up and get in into the closet, I thought we'll see some unplanned "revelations" :rolleyes: He asked for help from the team, but in the end he managed to sort it up and everything was fine :thumb_yello: Well, with a little bit of help from Luciana, indeed.

I didn't feel any moment that it was like an embarrassing situation for him, he acted very normal and joking all the time, for sure he was the one who wanted to do that scene with Dita.  And I think he genuinely had fun doing it. Not sure if as much fun as us, but definitely it was an unforgettable moment from the recordings :naughty:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ladyolivier said:

Hi, I was in the audience and we had not be warned at all! The "problem" with the diamonds was that they "had to remain in the right place" but they almost slipped away because of Mika's fault!!!😂😂😂😂 . In fact Mika said " when we planned this sketch with the production it wasn't exactly like that! That's why I'm a little bit regretting to have accepted". Anyway the all of us was laughing so hard! I had tears in my eyes!!!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Thanks 2

Watching the first episode again with subtitles... A huge thank you to the whole Subtitling Team, can't believe how amazingly fast you were with these!!!! :flowers2: This year I could follow the show in Italian much more easily than last year, it was a surprise to myself too, but of course I miss a lot of details and especially long monologues are too difficult. With or without subtitles, I can't understand why such a big role for Luciana. I really can't understand, it's a total mystery to me. Her speech before WAG was meaningful but Italian people hear the message rather from her than from Mika?? Loved watching WAG again, it was really emotional at the recordings to hear him doing it, especially the lovely intro and ending, made me feel like being at his concert :wub: While watching it on the screen I kind of hoped they would have built a bedroom and made him dance on his bed like in the video (or maybe the dance group if not him), would have fitted with the house theme. Love AOW, can't stop watching it. Definitely one of the best parts of the whole season. 

Edited by tiibet
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, tiibet said:

With or without subtitles, I can't understand why such a big role for Luciana. I really can't understand, it's a total mystery to me.

Same for me. Her monologue from the second episode it's even longer and difficult to follow, also a bit out of the context, imo. And her character Lolita from the final it's rather ridiculous than funny.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, krysady said:

Same for me. Her monologue from the second episode it's even longer and difficult to follow, also a bit out of the context, imo. And her character Lolita from the final it's rather ridiculous than funny.

I think Luciana is overracting amd overplaying all the time. Virginia Raffaele was more natural. I also miss the part of the show when Mika met orchestras or singers in different parts of Italy. It was lively and moving. 

What I like about the fiction is that it takes place in 1967 which is the year when I was born :floor:

The diamonds scene is even funnier after reading about the whole shooting :teehee: 

Now that the first episode is subbed I like it much better :wub2: 

I'm still not a fan of Luciana at all :no: 

But I love the versions all of the songs Mika sings during the show so much :swoon::wub2: 

And I love how he opens his house and his heart throughout the show :wub2: 

• Like 9

On 10/11/2017 at 1:56 AM, charlie20 said:

This is one of the reasons. Tuesday's positioning of such a show, which is about 3 hours or so long, is definitely wrong, as is the channel on which it is aired, it would have been much better on Friday or Saturday on Rai Uno, where these shows are usually broadcast, to have more audiences. But the main reason for this, I think, was that it was a shared project proposed by the former director of Rai Due, Ilaria Dallatana, who had immense confidence in Mika and his great talent. He had the freedom to do the show, his show, as he wanted. This would certainly be much more difficult on Rai Uno. And then it has had a lot of competition from the other channels, including Rai itself. It's not easy to make a lot of audience having against the broadcasting of fictions, football matches, other very popular shows here in Italy, and movies. The average viewer here is conservative and unwilling to try new things, and honestly not used to seeing a show like Mika's, which is definitely out of the box, and of such quality, today people prefer trash tv and reality shows. The level here has dropped quite low. For example, last tuesday many viewers have preferred to watch Fifty Shades Darker and a fiction on Rai Uno. Mika is not like anyone here (actually, not just here), he is completely atypical and not for everyone, we know it, neither musically, nor as a showman, nor in the current television scene. Mika would not have made this show again here anyway, I think, but he will surely bring it to other countries, even more so with these low audience results for RAI. Without the support of Ilaria Dallatana, I don't know what his future relationships will be with Rai and the new executives. We'll see. It's unpleasant, but the quality doesn't always pay off. Mika is an exceptional 360-degree artist and I hope someone with enough power to do so can still collaborate with him, giving him the right space and freedom to express himself, like in Casa Mika.

I agree with everything you say, above all about Ilaria Dallatana's leaving and its effects in promoting the show.

The audience is not more conservative this year than one year ago, and the competition among TV channels is not new as well. 

The only news are the show not being a surprise anymore and Ilaria Dallatana's resignation

• Like 1

19 hours ago, krysady said:

The fact with Luciana is that you either love her or loathe her.
I can't watch Casa Mika until the end, it's too late for me, so I realized that she was playing Lolita again ('cause it's an old character of hers) at the last recording I attended, the 1st of November. And I thought it was a weird choice, considering that Luciana is now a middle age woman, but then it occured to me that maybe Mika (or better his co-authors, because I'm pretty sure Mika was not aware of Luciana's impersonation of Lolita) is joking about women trying to seduce him badly, while he's trying to turn them down :naughty:.

I may be totally wrong, this is just my interpretation (one of my favourire songs, by chance), but since as I started thinking like this I can appreciate Luciana-Lolita again.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, zia Giovi said:

I may be totally wrong, this is just my interpretation (one of my favourire songs, by chance), but since as I started thinking like this I can appreciate Luciana-Lolita again.

I understand your point of view, but if this is the purpose of that character, then Mika should react somehow in response to her attempts, maybe in a ironical way, like he did every time with Virginia. But this time I really don't get the intention of those scenes, maybe will become more clear for me in the next episodes :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

On 11/12/2017 at 12:31 AM, ladyolivier said:

Yes! I have watched his show with no subtitles because I wanted to see it! Thank you so much for showing me the @Subtitling Team thread because now I can actually understand everything that is going on! I know they are very busy but I hope they get Season 2 Episode 2 up quickly, I can't wait to watch it with subs!!:wub2:

• Like 2

On 13.11.2017 at 3:56 PM, crazyaboutmika said:

I think Luciana is overracting amd overplaying all the time. Virginia Raffaele was more natural. I also miss the part of the show when Mika met orchestras or singers in different parts of Italy. It was lively and moving. 

I also miss that part :( It was always another opportunity to sing a song and the same with Paola. In the last episode there was missing the part when he is doing new job like he was a shepherd in the first one :(

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dominika said:

I also miss that part :( It was always another opportunity to sing a song and the same with Paola. In the last episode there was missing the part when he is doing new job like he was a shepherd in the first one :(

I know...maybe tonight? But I must say I grow found of the new episodes while we're working on the subs :wub2: 

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2017 at 12:31 AM, ladyolivier said:

Hey! I remember you saying the other day on my introduction post that you were from the US! His show is a relatively new revelation to me and I was wondering what time it plays for you here and where you live stream it if you can? I know it plays at 21:20 but there is a bit of a time difference between there at here. I did make an account through Rai and can access past episodes in Italian. I am working on watching the English versions uploaded hereto catch up so I can take part in conversations here! 

I did watch that scene today translated to English and it was absolutely priceless:wub2::lmfao:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, emilyb said:

Hey! I remember you saying the other day on my introduction post that you were from the US! His show is a relatively new revelation to me and I was wondering what time it plays for you here and where you live stream it if you can? I know it plays at 21:20 but there is a bit of a time difference between there at here. I did make an account through Rai and can access past episodes in Italian. I am working on watching the English versions uploaded hereto catch up so I can take part in conversations here! 

I did watch that scene today translated to English and it was absolutely priceless:wub2::lmfao:

I'm on the east coast same as you so it's mid afternoon for me. I believe it's about 4-something, but unfortunately I don't have any advice on live streaming it - I actually never watch it live! I am a little nocturnal (I'm usually awake from like 11 am - 2/3 am) and I'm a college student so the time casa mika is on live is dead in the middle of the part of the day when I'm getting homework done! I always watch it in the evening after it airs on the Rai site. I'm getting some homework done right now so I can start on tonight's episode!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ladyolivier said:

I'm on the east coast same as you so it's mid afternoon for me. I believe it's about 4-something, but unfortunately I don't have any advice on live streaming it - I actually never watch it live! I am a little nocturnal (I'm usually awake from like 11 am - 2/3 am) and I'm a college student so the time casa mika is on live is dead in the middle of the part of the day when I'm getting homework done! I always watch it in the evening after it airs on the Rai site. I'm getting some homework done right now so I can start on tonight's episode!

Ohh that's so cool to know and I'm a college student too so I totally get where you are coming from! I try and tell myself I can watch part of the translated version of Casa Mika and then do some work but I know once I start I wouldn't be able to press pause so its best to do after all the work for the day is done :lmfao:

• Like 1

On 2017/11/1 at 8:14 PM, Kumazzz said:

On 2017/11/3 at 5:47 AM, Kumazzz said:

Episode - 1

Backstage

On 2017/11/6 at 10:26 PM, Kumazzz said:

Episode-1

2017.10.30 La Vita in Diretta

VK 2017.10.30 La Vita in Diretta Casa Mika [HD]

2017.11.31 TG2 20h30

VK : 2017.10.31_20h30_TG2-Casa Mika

A part of Mika