Software Upgrade

dcdeb

Hello MFC! :bye:

Wanted to give you all a little warning that we're going to be upgrading the site's software soon. We've been running an old version for a while, so it's time!

With the upgrade, we expect some changes, both in appearance and in functionality.

Initially, we are probably going to lose our current color scheme and our snazzy Mika slideshow that you see on the home page. But don't panic -- we'll get our "look" back as soon as we possibly can, with some improvements.

Because we'll be upgrading, we will also have some new options and functions. We should have an improved mobile-friendly version of the site, and we'll also be looking into an MFC app. The upgrade should eliminate some of the technical glitches some of you have been experiencing, too.

But in general, the forums should look the same and work basically the same way they do now -- you won't have to re-learn everything from scratch.

I'll keep you up-to-date on what's happening and when in this thread. We may have some downtime, but we'll try to keep that to a minimum. :thumb_yello:

In the meantime, if you have any questions, I'll try to answer them -- TRY! :naughty:

Thanks for your patience!

• Like 15

Sounds really exciting ! New design, new MFC ;-) Can't wait to see the new one ! Thanks for the warning Deb ;-)

An MFC app, that sounds so amazing, I hope it happens Xxx

Me too! :naughty:

Seriously, I hope we can make it work. It's been on the to-do list for a while, so... :crossed:

Sounds great! I hope the colors will remain the same,it looks fresh and relaxing  :)

We'll do our best, but you know... if Mika is working on a new album, that means new artwork and a new look for mikasounds.com, so we'll probably change eventually to match whatever that becomes. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

We'll do our best, but you know... if Mika is working on a new album, that means new artwork and a new look for mikasounds.com, so we'll probably change eventually to match whatever that becomes. :thumb_yello:

Right,any color would be perfect,if that means new music    :yes:

• Like 3

It seems he is according to his instagram :biggrin2:  Best wishes for the upgrade  :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

:Update:

We don't have a date for the upgrade yet, but we are on the schedule to be done before the end of the month, so keep your eyes peeled! :what:

When the upgrade takes place, they tell me we'll probably have about 3-4 hours of downtime. That's not too terrible. We'll try to have the work done overnight for Europe, so that there won't be as many online at the time.

Also, I wanted to point out that among the differences you'll notice once we upgrade, is that you'll no longer have "friends" -- you'll have "followers".

Instead of requiring mutual acknowledgement as with the traditional friends system, you simply follow users you find interesting so you can be updated when they contribute to the community. You can prevent others from following you, as well. I guess it works sort of like Twitter.

As I run across other differences that might affect your profile and the forum in general, I'll try to point them out here, to give you fair warning. :thumb_yello:

• Like 4

Welcome back MFC :bye: I have missed you even it was a short downtime. 

So far my experience is positive :thumb_yello: and the changes are easier to adjust to than when we changed the servers the first time. On pc, I have no problem logging in and answering to threads, but with phone which is what I first tried, all I could do was log in, read and like posts, but I was unable to reply to any thread, the reply button didn't open the phone keyboard for me as it used to. I have tried with three different phone browsers so far and none of them let me do it. I yet have to try and update them as it might do the trick and I'll let you know. 

On pc notifications are instant and make noise as on facebook :teehee: and the pages seem bigger and we have a nerd smiley :nerd:  which looks like a :chkn::lmfao:

And the whole site is faster than the speed of light :woot_jump:

Thank you so much dear Mama mod and Mellody for all your work :flowers2: :hug:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

23 minutes ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

Finding the new site a bit confusing.  Can't seem to find the My Content button and there are fewer emojis... :(

The emojis are still here, you need to click on "categories" (on the right up corner) to be able to see all of them :thumb_yello:

This is where you can find everyone's activities , people you follow activities and your own content:

Here it is.png

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

I really like the new site! Right now I find it quite confusing as well, but I think it's just a matter of time :teehee:

It wasn't that hard to find things so far, just... where have the "new threads" gone? I mean the ones that used to be in the right side of the home page :huh: 

5 minutes ago, sara09 said:

I really like the new site! Right now I find it quite confusing as well, but I think it's just a matter of time :teehee:

It wasn't that hard to find things so far, just... where have the "new threads" gone? I mean the ones that used to be in the right side of the home page :huh: 

I don't know if they will go back on the home page, but at the moment you will have to look under the Activity tab

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

The emojis are still here, you need to click on "categories" (on the right up corner) to be able to see all of them :thumb_yello:

This is where you can find everyone's activities , people you follow activities and your own content:

Here it is.png

Thank you!  I may need some time to get used to this though. :doh:

Is there a page where I can view my liked content as well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Welcome back MFC :bye: I have missed you even it was a short downtime. 

So far my experience is positive :thumb_yello: and the changes are easier to adjust to than when we changed the servers the first time. On pc, I have no problem logging in and answering to threads, but with phone which is what I first tried, all I could do was log in, read and like posts, but I was unable to reply to any thread, the reply button didn't open the phone keyboard for me as it used to. I have tried with three different phone browsers so far and none of them let me do it. I yet have to try and update them as it might do the trick and I'll let you know. 

On pc notifications are instant and make noise as on facebook :teehee: and the pages seem bigger and we have a nerd smiley :nerd:  which looks like a :chkn::lmfao:

And the whole site is faster than the speed of light :woot_jump:

Thank you so much dear Mama mod and Mellody for all your work :flowers2: :hug:

Thanks, Anne. I haven't checked the site with my phone or iPad yet, have been concentrating on the desktop, but I'll do that tonight and see what changes need to be made.

50 minutes ago, Dreamy_Queen said:

Can we go to the last page at once to the topics of Unread Content?

I haven't tried yet, I'll get back to you!

27 minutes ago, sara09 said:

I thought I had added those, sorry. I should be able to do that now.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Thanks, Anne. I haven't checked the site with my phone or iPad yet, have been concentrating on the desktop, but I'll do that tonight and see what changes need to be made.

I haven't tried yet, I'll get back to you!

I thought I had added those, sorry. I should be able to do that now.

The site works perfectly fine for me and I'm on my iphone. Thought you would maybe want to know!

• Like 2