2017 'The Art of Song' on BBC Radio 2

Kumazzz

It was wonderful :swoon: Mika is a natural born story teller, his choice of songs was so good and I learned a lot too and I got emotional with "Will you still love me tomorow?" :tears: 

I had no idea Carol King had composed so many songs for so many singers! Mika's cover is delightful :wub2:  The hour flew by so fast , much too fast..I can't wait till the next :biggrin2:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

It was wonderful :swoon: Mika is a natural born story teller, his choice of songs was so good and I learned a lot too and I got emotional with "Will you still love me tomorow?" :tears: 

I had no idea Carol King had composed so many songs for so many singers! Mika's cover is delightful :wub2:  The hour flew by so fast , much too fast..I can't wait till the next :biggrin2:

I agree, I really enjoyed listening to this. I wouldn't listen to Carol King songs that time of the night without Mika but combined to his stories it suddenly totally made sense. His voice is so soothing :wub::wub:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I got emotional with "Will you still love me tomorow?" :tears: 

That was my favorite moment too, besides his cover, I remembered watching Dirty Dancing 30 years ago .... :old:

• Like 1

Does anyone know when will the next episode will be displayed ? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, frenchfan84 said:

Does anyone know when will the next episode will be displayed ? 

The NEXT episode [ Joni Mitchell ] will be on April 4 ( Tuesday 22:00 ). Don't miss it !

• Like 4

That's amazing XD No I won't it don't worry about that

• Like 1

I really like the fact that he's concentrating on one artist per episode, even focusing on the relationship with other artists and the different versions of the songs!  

It's always a pleasure to hear this program, and it gets better every time! Can't wait to hear Joni Mitchell's episode next week :wub2:

• Like 2

On 27-3-2017 at 4:49 PM, Kumazzz said:

AUDIO FILE

8 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

AUDIO file of The Art of Song : Carol King by @crazyaboutmika

Thanks a million for sharing Anne !

Thanks for sharing Eriko and Anne!

• Like 2

the La Suite clip of him with the BBC lady: It seems he prepares very last minute for the recording! I suppose that's how he manages his busy time nowadays:thumb_yello:

• Like 3