2017 'The Art of Song' on BBC Radio 2

Kumazzz

This new cover is breath-taking, I have no words... So simple and beautiful :wub2::wub2::wub2: I just started to cry, wasn't expecting that at all. I can't stop listening to it. I had many thing to do this afternoon and I just dropped everything. "I don't care, Mika is singing". 

• Like 7

MIKA performs Both Sides, Now by Joni Mitchell

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04y62py

AUDIO

VIDEO

YouTube

Edited by Kumazzz
adding an AUDIO file
  • Like 13

7 minutes ago, cathouzouf said:

Don't know how he does it, but he seems to get better and better each time.

His last two covers made me cry, they're so beautifully sad :tears:

Agree with you

His lower voice helps a lot. I adore his low voice :wub2:

• Like 7

Thanks a LOT for this lovely cover version of "Both sides now" Cathrine! :flowers2:MIKA loves Joni Mitchell ( "I'm gonna rip a piece of her dress, to see if she's real" :blush-anim-cl: ) and I'm sure he has sung her songs a lot, if not officially.  This version is utterly beautiful - and a new proof of what he's able to deliver,  by a piano and with his lower voice - and with  "a little help from his friends" ( the guitar-players )  :wink2: I really look forward to a new hour/show  at BBC Radio2 tomorrow night, and expect his focus on Joni to be iconic...:wub2: :fisch:

Love, love

me

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

Love this new cover.  Mika's lower voice is gorgeous. :wub2:

• Like 1

Love his version, so glad he has support from BBC! Stripped down and so pure his version. Joni Mitchell should be happy! :fisch:

Thanks a million Eriko for the download links :wub2:

• Like 3

Thanks a LOT for sharing this interesting interview Zel :flowers2:It's a nice pre-start for MIKA radioshow tomorrow :wink2: Btw, I can't remember last time I saw an artist smoking that much, while being interviewed on TV :blink: So MIKA, Joni really IS real,  and honest - and  doesn't pretend to be anything else than herself...:blush-anim-cl: 

Love, love

me

• Like 1

I love it that also Tristan was there. Max too of course, but we see him and Curtis quite often in the studio with Mika. I can't explain why I always pay so much attention to Tristan. I guess he looks somehow so young and serious. People keep telling me he is not as young as I seem to think though! Btw, we have a special word in Finnish language for mustache like that. Our language is quite practical. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tiibet said:

I love it that also Tristan was there. Max too of course, but we see him and Curtis quite often in the studio with Mika. I can't explain why I always pay so much attention to Tristan. I guess he looks somehow so young and serious. People keep telling me he is not as young as I seem to think though! Btw, we have a special word in Finnish language for mustache like that. Our language is quite practical. 

I think Tristan is actually older than Mika by a year or two :wink2:

But I'm glad to see him there too :wub2:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cathouzouf said:

I think he is 21 but you know, I'm hardly 30 myself :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cathouzouf said:

Tristan OLDER :shocked: He looks like he he just finished school !