2017 'The Art of Song' on BBC Radio 2

Kumazzz

5 hours ago, Marilyn Mastin said:

I wasn't keen on the Pork Pie Hat song, or Hissing of Summer Lawns, but the other songs were very good. Little Green is so sad, now we know the story behind it. Mika's cover of Both Sides Now. All I can say is... WOW!!! It was another brilliant episode.

I'm so happy that BBC Radio2 gives MIKA this opportunity to play his fav.music, and talk about the artists, and the stories behind the music! :thumb_yello: He's really good, and it's a pure pleasure to listen to him, even I, of course not, don't jump of joy by every single song he plays :teehee: I learn something new by every episode, about the artists he presents, and about himself.  As far as I remember,  I haven't heard earlier that MIKA gets easily touched to tears, by watching movies and listening to music - in planes! :)  As we know, he travels a lot by planes :wink2:  And his cover of  "Both sides now" is extremely beautiful, imo :wub: I look forward to next Tuesday, when we surely will get interesting details of another fav of his, Harry Nilsson ( who had Swedish grandparents )   I suppose me, you and other oldies here at MFC might have a special joy for these radioprograms, as a big part of the music MIKA plays, are the hits, and more unknown songs, from our youth, the glorious pop-periode of the 70ies ...:fisch::wub:

Love, love

me     

Edited by mamiam
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, mamiam said:

I'm so happy that BBCRadio2 gives MIKA this opportunity to play his fav.music, and talk about the artists, and the stories behind the music! :thumb_yello: He's really good, and it's a pure pleasure to listen to him, even I, of course not, don't jump of joy by every single song he plays :teehee: I learn something new by every episode, about the artists he presents, and about himself.  As far as I remember,  I haven't heard earlier that MIKA gets easily touched to tears, by watching movies and listening to music - in planes! :)  As we know, he travels a lot by planes :wink2:  And his cover of  "Both sides now" is extremely beautiful, imo :wub: I look forward to next Tuesday, when we surely will get interesting details of another fav of his, Harry Nilsson ( who had Swedish grandparents )   I suppose me, you and other oldies here at MFC might have a special joy for these radioprograms, as a big part of the music MIKA plays, are the hits, and more unknown songs, from our youth, the glorious pop-periode of the 70ies ...:fisch::wub:    

I can remember him mentioning getting teary in planes while watching films and he makes it sound so funny and so super cute of course. Looking forward to next week, the song he is doing is really pretty and I believe it fits him very well :wub:

Edited by tiibet
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tiibet said:

I can remember him mentioning getting teary in planes while watching films and he makes is sound so funny and so super cute of course. Looking forward to next week, the song he is doing is really pretty and I believe it fits him very well :wub:

I found this extremely adorable too, I don't know why :lmfao:  I'll probably be thinking about it next time I'm on a plane. Looking forward to next week too :cloud:

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, LeiRe said:

Thank you!! :hug: I don't think I have seen this personal and funny interview earlier! :shocked: So there we get all his strange habits for flights, haha - incl. him being emotional,  and crying, while watching films :teehee:  Like Dreams, I'll def. think about MIKA the next time I fly ( hopefully the errand will be to see our funny, cute and good guy giving a new show somewhere )

And now we'll have to wait for his "masterful book" !  Probably he demands too much from himself, to dare to release it, that's my thought after his answer here about writers...;) 

Love, love

me              

Edited by mamiam
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

REPLAY

Joni Mitchell : Tuesday April 4, 2017

Thanks so much, dear!!  :flowers2:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mamiam said:

I'm so happy that BBC Radio2 gives MIKA this opportunity to play his fav.music, and talk about the artists, and the stories behind the music! :thumb_yello: He's really good, and it's a pure pleasure to listen to him, even I, of course not, don't jump of joy by every single song he plays :teehee: I learn something new by every episode, about the artists he presents, and about himself.  As far as I remember,  I haven't heard earlier that MIKA gets easily touched to tears, by watching movies and listening to music - in planes! :)  As we know, he travels a lot by planes :wink2:  And his cover of  "Both sides now" is extremely beautiful, imo :wub: I look forward to next Tuesday, when we surely will get interesting details of another fav of his, Harry Nilsson ( who had Swedish grandparents )   I suppose me, you and other oldies here at MFC might have a special joy for these radioprograms, as a big part of the music MIKA plays, are the hits, and more unknown songs, from our youth, the glorious pop-periode of the 70ies ...:fisch::wub:

Love, love

me     

His reference to being emotional on planes hits close to home! I always wondered why planes played so many tear jerker movies....so now I know, it's altitude "sickness"  :lmfao:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LovelyCuddly said:

Wow would love to have a narrative book with Mika's voice... No matter the price, it would definitely be the most worth thing on earth, it's so soothing but kind of sexy at the same time :blush-anim-cl: 

Then buy the DVD of Le Prophet which was released last year, there he was the narrator

• Like 5

11 hours ago, LovelyCuddly said:

Wow would love to have a narrative book with Mika's voice... No matter the price, it would definitely be the most worth thing on earth, it's so soothing but kind of sexy at the same time :blush-anim-cl: 

Omg, when the book finally comes out :lmfao: he should record an audiobook. I can't imagine anything better than listening to him reading his own writing.

• Like 6

I've listened at last the Joni Mitchell issue. I can say that she's is not my piece of cake, perhaps because I can't catch the lyrics from the first listening and I don't like her music style. The only song I like is 'Free man id Paris", I've actually had it in my playlist before :) And of course Mika's cover! I think it's the best cover of all The Are Of Song covers. I love his voice in this song :wub2:

On 3/4/2017 at 1:58 PM, Kumazzz said:

this performance is killing me

slowly and softly

I can't stop listening 

• Like 2

On 4/4/2017 at 5:54 AM, Kumazzz said:

HARRY NILSSON

"Without Her"

I spend the night in a chair thinking she'll be there
But she never comes
And then I wake up and wipe the sleep from my eyes
And I rise to face another day