'Cause nothing lasts forever
But I will always love you

Don't forget me, please don't forget me
Make it easy only just for a little while
You know I think about you
Let me know you think about me, too

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Poisonyoulove said:

The fact that Mika recorded a cover of Cuddly Toy for Zoolander 2 but because it was cut we'll just never get to hear it ... is making my heart hurt so much.  :emot-sad:

That's a crime, really. I can't even believe they would do something like that. To be honest, this what I will remember for now on when I see Ben Stiller's face. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, tiibet said:

That's a crime, really. I can't even believe they would do something like that. To be honest, this what I will remember for now on when I see Ben Stiller's face. 

I totally agree - it's a crime, nothing else :sneaky2: We know that only parts of what's made for the film industry is being used, but this recording, going to waste,  I feel  was an unnecessary stealing of MIKAs valuable time :doh: But I was very happy last night, to hear MIKA calling The Monkees "superclever" - which is something  I've always ment and said.  It was the first popgroup ever I was a real fan of, at the age of 15 y.o. :wink2: I even got my penpal from the U.S. to be able to get stuff and follow these four guys, in the best way I could at that time.  Sadly the cute singer  Davy Jones passed away some few years ago.  But their recordings will live forever.  That's why we also should have MIKAs version of "Cuddly Toy" available...:fisch::wub2:

Love, love

me 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

It's so sad.

a song by Harry Nilsson from Pussy Cats

"Don't Forget Me"

In the winter time, keep your feet warm
But keep your clothes on and don't forget me
Keep your memories
But keep your powder dry, too

In the summer, by the poolside
While the fireflies are all around you
I'll miss you when I'm lonely
I'll miss the alimony, too

Don't forget me, don't forget me

And when we're older and full of cancer
It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
'Cause nothing lasts forever
But I will always love you

Don't forget me, please don't forget me

Made me cry. :tears:

Lovely night listening to him. I really hope there are more episodes soon. 

• Like 1

This Harry Nilsson episode might be my favorite of these all. He has mentioned him so many times and I still had no idea Harry Nilsson wrote all these songs! I mean most of these songs are familiar to me of course, they are really famous, but didn't know they were his. Been listening to the new cover the whole day :wub: Not as emotional as the Joni Mitchell song but so pretty. They really should do more episodes.

Edited by tiibet
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Poisonyoulove said:

The fact that Mika recorded a cover of Cuddly Toy for Zoolander 2 but because it was cut we'll just never get to hear it ... is making my heart hurt so much.  :emot-sad:

I feel the same way you do :tears: I wonder if he might be able to release it when copyright runs out .. :dunno:

9 minutes ago, tiibet said:

This Harry Nilsson episode might be my favorite of these all. He has mentioned him so many times and I still had no idea Harry Nilsson wrote all these songs! I mean I most of these songs are familiar to me of course, they are really famous, but didn't know they were his. Been listening to the new cover the whole day :wub: Not as emotional as the Joni Mitchell song but so pretty. They really should do more episodes.

I really hope they make more too :pray:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Eriko asked me to do a recording as well as she was afraid hers wasn't of good quality, so here is an alternate link to listen to the full Art Of Song Harry Nilssen audio 

https://soundcloud.com/coolmanbis/mika-the-art-of-song-harry-nilssen

Let me know if it's ok :wink2:

It's super OK. :thumb_yello:  Thanks so much! :hug:

• Like 2

Thanks again for putting it all here, it makes it so easy to catch up :flowers2:

I really do like having one artist per episode - it really feels like he's telling me a story and well he is actually a very good storyteller (I always start knowing the name and one or two songs and end up wanting to buy the greatest hits and read the complete biography in three volumes :biggrin2:)

And those covers are a delight... I'm still not over Both Sides Now and won't even try to explain the emotional wave that went through me the first time I heard it   :wub2:(or the first 20 times).

But three only, no nope sorry not enough :fisch:

• Like 2

I'm already sad this round of shows is over. I have a very long (1.5 hour) drive to and from college (3 - 4 hour round trip) 2 days a week, and my Wednesdays are usually nearing the 10-hours-awake point by the time I start my hour and a half drive home. I'm always so tired and usually a bit annoyed at this point, and each of these episodes I've downloaded onto my phone and listened to on these Wednesday afternoon drives. it turns out three weeks was exactly enough time to get used to this tradition :lmfao: His radio voice is so lovely and soothing and such a nice way to put a calm, pleasant end to my long tired day. I'm already dreading having to drive home without Mika to keep me company next week LOL. I may just have to download the whole Art of Song catalog and start listening again from the beginning!

Edited by ladyolivier
  • Like 2

On 12/04/2017 at 6:42 PM, tiibet said:

This Harry Nilsson episode might be my favorite of these all. He has mentioned him so many times and I still had no idea Harry Nilsson wrote all these songs! I mean most of these songs are familiar to me of course, they are really famous, but didn't know they were his.

Same here - I thought "Without Her"  was a Burt Bacharach song!

I can't stop listening to these three covers. It becomes almost an obsession. For me the best he has done. I don't know if it's his lower voice but I'm totally hoocked :wub2::wub2: I miss hearing him live. :(

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 2