2017 'The Art of Song' on BBC Radio 2

Kumazzz

On 2017/4/12 at 7:07 AM, Poisonyoulove said:

Here's a documentary on Harry Nilsson, if anybody is interested

Thank you so much for sharing this! I just watched this. 2 hours seemed a bit long but it passed so quickly! Very interesting to know about Harry Nilsson like this. 

I kind of felt lucky that I was happened to know about him through Mika. 

Now I can imagine more clearly how much Mika got excited when he listened to Harry Nilsson's CD in the car, and find out more about his songs and influenced by him automatically. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

BBC Radio 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09jqwnj

Boxing Day

Mika, the BRIT Award winning and multi-platinum selling artist plays some of his favourite tracks from the most iconic songwriters of all time and shares his own stories of creating well-loved songs. Plus he chats to some of the artists of today about the musicians and writers they most admire. There's also the chance to hear live performances from Mika in the Radio 2 Piano Room as well as other legendary artists from the Radio 2 archive.

Boxing Day : December 26, 2017 at 12:00

Anyone can listen ONLINE streaming player/bbc_radio_two :thumb_yello:
Edited by Kumazzz
adding BBC radio url
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dominika said:

Christmas came earlier this year! :yay: Can't wait to hear the broadcast :cheer:
tumblr_ooej2e4uQZ1udcaf3o2_250.gif.53b7de3ff5b33fb5a5dc0db9e072fb56.gif

Can't wait too, it's always so interesting and fascinating! I'm also curious about the covers we will get to hear from these sessions :wub2:

Edited by sara09
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017/12/5 at 6:23 AM, Kumazzz said:

BBC Radio 2

Boxing Day

Mika, the BRIT Award winning and multi-platinum selling artist plays some of his favourite tracks from the most iconic songwriters of all time and shares his own stories of creating well-loved songs. Plus he chats to some of the artists of today about the musicians and writers they most admire. There's also the chance to hear live performances from Mika in the Radio 2 Piano Room as well as other legendary artists from the Radio 2 archive.

Boxing Day : December 26, 2017 at 12:00

Anyone can listen ONLINE streaming player/bbc_radio_two :thumb_yello:
The description has been updated !
Mika, the BRIT Award-winning and multi-platinum selling artist plays some of his favourite tracks from the most iconic songwriters of all time and shares his own stories on why they mean so much to him.
Plus he chats to X Factor judge Louis Walsh who talks about how he likes to spend his time over the festive season with his family.
Louis also shares stories of the kind of music he likes listening to in the car and tells Mika about the song that he just loves to hear over and over again.
Danny O'Donoghue from The Script tells Mika about the song that he thinks is quite simply perfect.
There's also the chance to hear live performances recorded by Katie Melua and Gary Barlow from the Radio 2 Piano Room in 2017.

Boxing Day ( December 26, 2017 ) at 12:00
57 minutes

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, silver said:

Although it keeps saying 57 minutes on the main BBC page, the actual radio schedule (and radio pages in newspapers) show a 2 hour programme.  Let's hope it's the latter :pray: .

57 minutes isn't nearly long enough! as soon as i saw 57 minutes i wondered how'd he'd have time to talk to all those people, DJ songs and talk about them, have other people play songs, etc, and got a bit scared he won't have time to perform any covers

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, kreacher said:

57 minutes isn't nearly long enough! as soon as i saw 57 minutes i wondered how'd he'd have time to talk to all those people, DJ songs and talk about them, have other people play songs, etc, and got a bit scared he won't have time to perform any covers

Same thought... hopefully the right length of the show is the one showed by the radio schedule  :crossed: