Tech Support - 2017 Style

dcdeb

On 4/23/2017 at 11:59 PM, Kumazzz said:

@dcdeb

Thank you Deb, it makes sense.

Good! Have you tried it yet? Did it work for you?

5 hours ago, Sabine64 said:

Hello Deb, I´m using Explorer and or Modzilla Firefox. Thank you for answering

OK, I'll see if I can figure out what's going on. I use Firefox primarily and have had no issues. But I'll poke around and see what I can see. Thanks for your patience!

• Like 1

Thank you for all your explanations Deb :hug: There's no rush to move the encyclopedia as long as it works , but it will be an improvement for sure :thumb_yello:

If that's any help I use chrome and I have no problem opening the new The Voice thread (except for one youtube video that is blocked in France for copyrights reasons) but everything else works for me (as well as VK videos if I watch them within MFC)  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a problem. I tried to put my signature, but it is difficult to use colors and sizes in the letters because I do not have the corresponding options and I have been told that they are. What can I do? :tears:

• Like 2

On Friday, May 05, 2017 at 7:44 PM, Ika said:

Hi, I have a problem. I tried to put my signature, but it is difficult to use colors and sizes in the letters because I do not have the corresponding options and I have been told that they are. What can I do? :tears:

thank you very much  for the help, you have been very kind. :dunno:

On 6/5/2017 at 0:44 AM, Ika said:

Hi Ika, have you tried using the PC? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, silver said:

Ika, what are you actually trying to do with your signature? 

I try to change the size of the letters and give it color, but I can not do it

Just now, mari62 said:

@Ika you can delete the image in your signature and see if the options appear again.

If not, I suggest you delete everything and write it again. 

ok, thank you :thumb_yello:

22 minutes ago, Ika said:

Hi @mari62, I tried, but it does not work. But the options do appear in the threads post.

if the options do appear, you should be able to use them. What happens, when you try to do that?

You could also change browser -for example firefox instead of Chrome or safari or vice versa- and see what happens. 

7 minutes ago, mari62 said:

if the options do appear, you should be able to use them. What happens, when you try to do that?

You could also change browser -for example firefox instead of Chrome or safari or vice versa- and see what happens. 

The full options do not appear when I want to make my signature, they are not there. When I put a photo and write something, I have no size or color or centering options. But I will try to do as you say. Thank you very much for your help.:thumb_yello:

Ika, when I look at your profile, all the options are there. I'm not sure why it's not working properly for you.

Perhaps you can just explain what you would like to do, and I can try to do it for you?

3 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Ika, when I look at your profile, all the options are there. I'm not sure why it's not working properly for you.

Perhaps you can just explain what you would like to do, and I can try to do it for you?

I do not know why they are not there hahahaha anyway I will try to follow the indications they have given me and if it does not work, I will ask for help. Thank you very much Deb:thumb_yello:

• 4 weeks later...

oh no i messed up! i was trying to hide my signature from everyone in just SOME of the Mika encyclopedia posts like i used to, but i accidentally hid everyone's signatures all the time. When i went to my settings to try to change it back it thought i was trying to update my signature and said i had too many links in it & wouldn't save. i only had 2 links, mikapedia and my world rep post link, and i couldn't remove the world rep link even if i wanted to without removing the image because i couldn't see the actual link code like we used to be able to :( 

Can the url limit in sigs be raised to at least two please?

Also what's with the double space between lines? Is there a way to make it not? i just want to go to the next line down, not look like i'm starting a new paragraph or something! (i swear i remember someone asking about this sometime but i couldn't find it, so sorry if it's been already answered)

EDIT: normally i use the default forum theme (because it's more inconspicuous when i'm sneaking peeks of MFC at work), but i switched to the mfc theme just to check it out and the double spaced lines has disappeared. Can this be done to both themes, pretty please?

Edited by kreacher

On 6/4/2017 at 2:25 AM, kreacher said:

oh no i messed up! i was trying to hide my signature from everyone in just SOME of the Mika encyclopedia posts like i used to, but i accidentally hid everyone's signatures all the time. When i went to my settings to try to change it back it thought i was trying to update my signature and said i had too many links in it & wouldn't save. i only had 2 links, mikapedia and my world rep post link, and i couldn't remove the world rep link even if i wanted to without removing the image because i couldn't see the actual link code like we used to be able to :( 

Can the url limit in sigs be raised to at least two please?

Also what's with the double space between lines? Is there a way to make it not? i just want to go to the next line down, not look like i'm starting a new paragraph or something! (i swear i remember someone asking about this sometime but i couldn't find it, so sorry if it's been already answered)

EDIT: normally i use the default forum theme (because it's more inconspicuous when i'm sneaking peeks of MFC at work), but i switched to the mfc theme just to check it out and the double spaced lines has disappeared. Can this be done to both themes, pretty please?

Dee, no, we can't change the spacing in the default theme -- that's generated by the system. That's why we changed it in our customized MFC theme. Sorry about that.

As for the other limits -- well, you CAN have two images in your sig, look at Anne's. So I'm not sure why you're having issues with that. I've changed the number of links to 2, so lmk if that fixes your problem.

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Dee, no, we can't change the spacing in the default theme -- that's generated by the system. That's why we changed it in our customized MFC theme. Sorry about that.

As for the other limits -- well, you CAN have two images in your sig, look at Anne's. So I'm not sure why you're having issues with that. I've changed the number of links to 2, so lmk if that fixes your problem.

yes, changing it to 2 links per sig worked for my link issue, thank you!

also, i figured out how to change the world rep image's link without removing the image, i'd forgotten about using that little link button :doh:

it's ok, i'm getting used to the spacing now and/or just use the custom theme. thanks for explaining

Edited by kreacher

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have a question about logging in/out..

The forum keeps logging me out if I'm not active for a couple of minutes. The "remember me" box is active and I don't log out myself obviously :naughty:

Is this because I'm on my Ipad and not on a PC or something? (I can't switch to try it out, I don't have a PC anymore)

24 minutes ago, Sasje said:

Hi everyone,

I have a question about logging in/out..

The forum keeps logging me out if I'm not active for a couple of minutes. The "remember me" box is active and I don't log out myself obviously :naughty:

Is this because I'm on my Ipad and not on a PC or something? (I can't switch to try it out, I don't have a PC anymore)

Hey there :bye:

I have this issue on Safari from my iMac, so I use Chrome or Firefox.

Have you tried a different browser?

Just now, mari62 said:

Hey there :bye:

I have this issue on Safari from my iMac, so I use Chrome or Firefox.

Have you tried a different browser?

I haven't and to behonest, I have no idea how to do that on my iPad..:blink:

I will have to ask my personal tech support (Leator :naughty:) if he knows if that's possible

24 minutes ago, Sasje said:

I haven't and to behonest, I have no idea how to do that on my iPad..:blink:

I will have to ask my personal tech support (Leator :naughty:) if he knows if that's possible

:D

You have to download the Chrome App from the Apple store, it's free. 

But maybe Deb can help you solve the problem differently. 

Hi mods!

There is another problem with not-working old links. It's about links with this strukture:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/32471-the-mfc-subtitling-teams-subtitled-videos/page-2#entry4069578

And on top of that there isn't a BB-code-modus anymore while writing/editing an answer :sneaky2:  For example writing things like

[b]bold text[/b]
[url=http://www.blablabla.com]www.blablabla.com[/url]

without it getting switched in the editor. The previous version had at least a button for enabling this modus. With having the BB-code we could easily fix the links at once with a search-replace-algorithm. And besides that handling posts with all these links was easier in BB-code-mode. Any way to get it back? This would be nice, but if it's a lot of hassle then we should be alright without it, too :wink2:

The links are a real problem though, besides our overview posts it's also about links posted by others - and links posted by us on twitter which we can't edit. 

Edited by Subtitling Team

• dcdeb unpinned this topic