1 hour ago, mellody said:

No problem, you don't bother us! We're here to help, so every Mika fan can have a good experience on MFC, without such troubles.

I'll have a look at your account in the Admin System later, to see if there's anything there that would explain it. Maybe I can try to reset your password, if it makes a difference... but we might need to contact the tech service about it, maybe it's a bug in the forum software.

Does the problem only occur on your mobile, or also if you use your account from a PC or Laptop (if you have the possibility to try this)?

Giulia has told me she will try logging in from a PC to see if that makes a difference.  Changing the password is no problem, the system just doesn't seem to remember it.

2 hours ago, mellody said:

No problem, you don't bother us! We're here to help, so every Mika fan can have a good experience on MFC, without such troubles.

I'll have a look at your account in the Admin System later, to see if there's anything there that would explain it. Maybe I can try to reset your password, if it makes a difference... but we might need to contact the tech service about it, maybe it's a bug in the forum software.

Does the problem only occur on your mobile, or also if you use your account from a PC or Laptop (if you have the possibility to try this)?

I tried using my laptop instead of my phone and tried with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox but nothing changes...when I try to log in it tells me my password is incorrect... :(

10 hours ago, Giulia221b said:

I tried using my laptop instead of my phone and tried with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox but nothing changes...when I try to log in it tells me my password is incorrect... :(

So what I saw in your account is only that several times you changed your password and tried to log in while your account was blocked for 15 minutes because of 3 unsuccessful login attempts. But if that was the reason for your problems, it would work now that you've changed the password without your account being blocked - but it still doesn't work. So I really suppose it's a bug in the software, we'll try to have it fixed, but that can take a few days. Please write a direct message to @dcdeb , she might need some screenshots and more info for the tech team.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mellody said:

So what I saw in your account is only that several times you changed your password and tried to log in while your account was blocked for 15 minutes because of 3 unsuccessful login attempts. But if that was the reason for your problems, it would work now that you've changed the password without your account being blocked - but it still doesn't work. So I really suppose it's a bug in the software, we'll try to have it fixed, but that can take a few days. Please write a direct message to @dcdeb , she might need some screenshots and more info for the tech team.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

The first times I tried to log in, the account was blocked because I wrote the (what I thought was) right password too many times 😂

I have to change the password every time I log in and that happens quite often. I'll certainly write to the person you told me, thank you for your help :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

During the last few days, I've received nearly 10 e-mails for every content that's been posted in the threads I follow. It's something that never happened before :dunno: Is there something I can do?

Edited by sara09

1 hour ago, sara09 said:

During the last few days, I've received nearly 10 e-mails for every content that's been posted in the threads I follow. It's something that never happened before :dunno: Is there something I can do?

I noticed I got duplicate updates a couple of days ago - not sure why this should be.  I don't think it's anything you've done

EDIT:  can you send details of times and dates?  In the meantime maybe you could change your settings to a weekly notification?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, silver said:

I noticed I got duplicate updates a couple of days ago - not sure why this should be.  I don't think it's anything you've done

EDIT:  can you send details of times and dates?  In the meantime maybe you could change your settings to a weekly notification?

It seems okay today, until now I haven’t received more than one e-mail per post. It all started at the beginning of the week, maybe Tuesday. For every single comment that was posted, I started getting that amount of e-mails. 

An example, if it can be useful: Friday at 2:51am I got 13 e-mails of the same post from the Yearbook thread 

I'm not sure I'm in the right topic, but: is there a way I can see the history of the topics I visited so that I can go back to them more easily?

3 minutes ago, cookiemika15 said:

I'm not sure I'm in the right topic, but: is there a way I can see the history of the topics I visited so that I can go back to them more easily?

If there's a particular thread you want to go back to, at the top right of the page you will see a green box that says "Follow".  If you tick this box you can receive notifications whenever someone posts in it.  It will also be listed on your profile page so you can go back to it when you want.

1 hour ago, silver said:

If there's a particular thread you want to go back to, at the top right of the page you will see a green box that says "Follow".  If you tick this box you can receive notifications whenever someone posts in it.  It will also be listed on your profile page so you can go back to it when you want.

OK thank you

• Like 1

:Update:

I'm so happy to tell you that I accessed the forum after the maintenance and I had been able to log in without any problem!

Thank you a lot for the help! :D:mikalove:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Giulia221b said:

:Update:

I'm so happy to tell you that I accessed the forum after the maintenance and I had been able to log in without any problem!

Thank you a lot for the help! :D:mikalove:

:yay:

FYI, I just noticed a problem with the translation function in the Chrome Browser - so far it worked fine and just asked me whether it should translate a website, but now it seems to automatically translate - which results in weird sentences, if it recognizes for example French on a page and then also "translates" all the English comments into worse English. :doh: Just wanted to mention it, if anyone has the same problem - it's not MFC but Google Translate. ;)

I have some recent interviews recorded and want to post them (by inserting media), but it keeps saying 'Invalid_URL' when I press 'submit'...

I didn't have this problem before, but am wondering if something changed or if I'm doing something wrong?

image.png.6ea50dcce72288cfed5239efaf3750f6.png

3 hours ago, Just_Me said:

I have some recent interviews recorded and want to post them (by inserting media), but it keeps saying 'Invalid_URL' when I press 'submit'...

I didn't have this problem before, but am wondering if something changed or if I'm doing something wrong?

image.png.6ea50dcce72288cfed5239efaf3750f6.png

Hmm, what are you trying to do? Upload a file? Or link to an URL? What file format is it?

1 minute ago, mellody said:

Hmm, what are you trying to do? Upload a file? Or link to an URL? What file format is it?

The files are MP4. I'm choosing and then uploading files from my computer (not linking to a URL), which works fine. I then add them to the post by clicking the + button which also works fine. But then when I press submit it gives that error.

11 minutes ago, Just_Me said:

The files are MP4. I'm choosing and then uploading files from my computer (not linking to a URL), which works fine. I then add them to the post by clicking the + button which also works fine. But then when I press submit it gives that error.

Ah ok, thanks. I just looked, I also can't access your latest attachments, though they show in the list of your uploaded media. :dunno: MFC ran an update 2 or 3 days ago, maybe something has changed... @dcdeb any idea what it could be / maybe an issue for the tech team?

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

Ah ok, thanks. I just looked, I also can't access your latest attachments, though they show in the list of your uploaded media. :dunno: MFC ran an update 2 or 3 days ago, maybe something has changed... @dcdeb any idea what it could be / maybe an issue for the tech team?

Could it be that the files are too big? I don't have time to investigate right now, but will look as soon as I can.

2 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Could it be that the files are too big? I don't have time to investigate right now, but will look as soon as I can.

I thought that might be the problem at first too, but I checked and they are all under the 511 MB max file size.

2/3 days ago would make sense, because I think I uploaded a video the same way around that time, which worked fine. 

Thanks for the quick response by the way! Hope we can figure it out...