Sign in to follow this  
Kumazzz

Mika on GQ France May 2017

GQ France May 2017

Download PDF file ( 29.6 / a whole ) GQ_2017_05_.pdf

Download PDF file ( 1.9 MB / a part of Mika ) GQ_France_June_2017-split_MIKA.pdf

Instagram

33572706891_71feeffe48_o.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
updating
  • Like 6

GQ France

http://www.gqmagazine.fr/mode/style/articles/magic-mika/52870

Magic Mika

Il est grand, il est beau, il est aussi une pop star aux millions d’albums vendus dans le monde et un membre incontournable du jury de « The Voice », le télécrochet de TF1. GQ a toutes les raisons du monde pour saluer le style d’un artiste qui, à travers ses costumes flamboyants, incarne plus que n’importe quel autre la fièvre du samedi soir.

34321153070_28da003608_b.jpg

34307106170_3952a95fc0_o.jpg

34651445256_ab7ffa3790_o.jpg

34530181922_d5d539a745_b.jpg

33882168163_0f1c5c8989_b.jpg

• Like 5

33870605504_e658977149_k.jpg

34712719825_4b1c0f7ab8_k.jpg

34582142001_31194e6988_k.jpg

34712708295_9ad1e4df56_k.jpg

33903346973_6f91654cf4_k.jpg

34328765370_3a5e42b55c_k.jpg

33903336873_023133098e_k.jpg

34581994021_200d95898a_k.jpg

34328608550_4a16889165_k.jpg

34328605810_24b214b4d2_b.jpg

34328602910_d34a6b7dca_k.jpg

34712678795_d349a0edc8_k.jpg

• Like 11

Here is the translation (If I made mistakes, correct me !) :tears::lol3:

GQ: your clothing style evolved, how would define it you today ? Who changed ?

MIKA: my age (he is 33 years old) I find funny to age that opens the field to new styles. But I like the timelessness. What means  wearing only of the black or the beige. A garment is timeless when the way of dressing you reflects your personality,  tell your story. A multicolored part on David Bowie is as well timeless as one T shirt white and a black pants on Gene kelly.

GQ: what is your typical holding on stage?

MIKA : I need something who survives the froissage and the perspiration. I like to change silhouette by putting a very tight pants or a jacket in wide shoulders. The spectators must be able to distinguish them by far. I put everything on the silhouette and the color.

GQ: you live between Paris, London, Milan, Los Angeles and Miami, what is your typical holding to travel ?

MIKA: I feel better when I travel well-dressed. I have unstructured blazers Lanvin which I wear for years, shirts ( Thom Sweeney) and custom-made pants also. It is my uniform of English dandy. That avoids me looking like a creased sheet.

GQ: you change to go out?

MIKA: I never have time there. Then it is necessarily the mix of what I carried(wore) during the day, a style which I would call accidental.

GQ: have you brands idols ?

MIKA: I am lucky to collaborate with Valentino and Louboutin. At Valentino Pierpaolo Piccioli is one of the best designers whom I know. I like the elegance of the Belgian creator Walter Van Beirndonck, the magnificent craftsman of the funny and crazy garment.

GQ:  What is the first garment that you offered yourselves ?

MIKA: a suit Kriss Van Asshe. Black with a subtle metallic weaving. I have to save up to buy it. And then one evening I went out and I danced all night long. The next day, the suit had slackened.

GQ: jeans or suit ?

MIKA: suit because as any good thing the jeans is too usual.

GQ: shopping in shop or on-line ?

MIKA: shop. My body is strange, I never know what goes to me and the deliveries arrive too early in the morning, that drives crazy to me.

GQ: Instagram or Twitter ?

MIKA: in an ideal world neither of them. But a message in a bottle.

I hope you understand.....:wink2:

Edited by Unicorn
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

@Unicorn

:flowers2: Thanks a million !!

You're welcome ! I hope it's correct and you understand well :wink2::flowers2:

Edited by Unicorn
  • Like 1

Thanks, Unicorn! :thumb_yello: Here is mine: 

GQ : Your fashion style evolved, how would you define it today, what's different? 

Mika : My age (he's 33 years old e.d. ).  I find it funny to get old, it gives opportunities for new styles. But I love timelessness, which doesn't mean we have to wear just black or beige. A piece of clothing it's timelessness when the way you wear it reflects your personality, tells your story. A colorful piece on David Bowie it's as timeless as a white T-shirt with black trousers on Gene Kelly. 

GQ : What's your usual outfit on stage?

Mika : I need something resistant to creasing and sweating. I like to change my silhouette wearing very tight trousers or a jacket with large shoulders. The audience must see it from distance. I try to emphasize the silhouette and colors.

GQ : You're living between Paris, London, Milan, Los Angeles and Miami. What's your typical outfit for traveling?

Mika : I feel better when I'm well dressed. I wear blazers from Lanvin since many years, shirts ( Thom Sweeney) and custom made trousers. It's my outfit of English dandy. This helps me to avoid looking like a crumpled sheet.

GQ : Do you change your clothes for going out?

Mika : I never have time for that. So it's rather a mix of what I'm wearing during the day : a style that I call accidental. 

GQ : Do you have fetish brands?

Mika : I have this chance to collaborate with Valentino and Louboutin. At Valentino, Pierpaolo Piccioli it's one of the best designers I know. I also like the elegance of the Belgian designer Walter Van Beirendonck, a magnificent artisan of funny and crazy clothes.

GQ : What was the first piece of clothes that you bought by yourself?

Mika : A Kris Van Assche suit. Black with a subtle metallic weaving. I saved money, it was very expensive. Then I went out, and danced all night long. Next day the suit was destroyed.

GQ : Jeans or suit?

Mika : Suit. Like all the good things, the jeans are too usual.

GQ : Shopping from store or online?

Mika : Store. My body is bizarre. I never know what suits me. Also the online delivery arrives way too early in the morning, it drives me crazy.

GQ : Instagram or Twitter?

Mika : In an ideal world, none of them. Just a message in a bottle. 

Edited by krysady
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, krysady said:

Thanks, Unicorn! :thumb_yello: Here is mine: 

GQ : Your fashion style evolved, how would you define it today, what;s different? 

Mika : My age (he's 33 years old e.d. ).  I find it funny to get old, it gives opportunities for new styles. But I love timelessness, which doesn't mean we have to wear just black or beige. A piece of clothing it's timelessness when the way you wear it reflects your personality, tells your story. A colorful piece on David Bowie it's as timeless as a white T-shirt with black trousers on Gene Kelly. 

GQ : What's your usual outfit on stage?

Mika : I need something resistant to creasing and sweating. I like to change my silhouette wearing very tight trousers or a jacket with large shoulders. The audience must see it from distance. I try to emphasize the silhouette and colors.

GQ : You're living between Paris, London, Milan, Los Angeles and Miami. What's your typical outfit for traveling?

Mika : I feel better when I'm well dressed. I wear blazers from Lanvin since many years, shirts ( Thom Sweeney) and custom made trousers. It's my outfit of English dandy. This helps me to avoid looking like a crumpled sheet.

GQ : Do you change your clothes for going out?

Mika : I never have time for that. So it's rather a mix of what I'm wearing during the day : a style that I call accidental. 

GQ : Do you have fetish brands?

Mika : I have this chance to collaborate with Valentino and Louboutin. At Valentino, Pierpaolo Piccioli it's one of the best designers I know. I also like the elegance of the Belgian designer Walter Van Beirendonck, a magnificent artisan of funny and crazy clothes.

GQ : What was the first piece of clothes that you bought by yourself?

Mika : A Kris Van Assche suit. Black with a subtle metallic weaving. I saved money, it was very expensive. Then I went out, and danced all night long. Next day the suit was destroyed.

GQ : Jeans or suit?

Mika : Suit. Like all the good things, the jeans are too usual.

GQ : Shopping from store or online?

Mika : Store. My body is bizarre. I never know what suits me. Also the online delivery arrives way too early in the morning, it drives me crazy.

GQ : Instagram or Twitter?

Mika : In an ideal world, none of them. Just a message in a bottle. 

It's better than mine :thumb_yello:

cropped pics from page 139

33870579984_0332162687_k.jpg

33870939184_8489951825_b.jpg

34328951360_2177f2245f_b.jpg

• Like 7

Just now, Unicorn said:

It's better than mine :thumb_yello:

I doubt it, but you are nice :blush-anim-cl:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krysady said:

I doubt it, but you are nice :blush-anim-cl:

Of course it's better ! :thumb_yello::clap: It's true ! :winner_first_h4h:

7 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

Of course it's better ! :thumb_yello::clap: It's true ! :winner_first_h4h:

It's impossible, you are from France :wink2:  Anyway, they are quite similar, so :hi5:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, krysady said:

It's impossible, you are from France :wink2:  Anyway, they are quite similar, so :hi5:

:lmfao:Your translator is better than mine, because I did not learn English thus I do not see the errors, I understand better your translation than mine lol :lmfao::clap:It is not important ! We made some good work I think :wink2:

Edited by Unicorn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

because I did not learn English

Neither do I :teehee:  .... only French, 35 years ago :old:  But now I'm trying to remember, it's useful when you're a Mika fan :original:

• Like 2

:thumb_yello: Thanks a million to Eriko, Unicorn and Krysady!! :hug: You're all my heroes today!! :flowers2:What a MIKA gift - on our National Day!! :norway:

Love, love

me

• Like 4

On 5/17/2017 at 8:04 AM, Kumazzz said:

34328608550_4a16889165_k.jpg

All these pictures are beautiful but this one especially is seriously messing with my heart :wub2:

• Like 4