In Memoriam: RIP FREDDIESDOUBLE

dcdeb

Although I haven't been here for a couple of years, after reading this awful news on facebook yesterday, I had to come back here to pay my respect to Freddie. This was his place and it was here where he became one of my best friends in the Mikaworld. 

Thanks to him, I felt immediately at home over here when I arrived as a newbie. 

After quite a while he left me his beloved thread "Freddies Butterfly Bar", a place where everyone was welcome for some drinkies and have a nice random chat about all that was on your mind at that moment. I still feel honoured that he did that, although I neglected it since a couple of years, due to personal reasons. 

He was there for me, over here and in private conversations on MSN, when I went through a bad time in "real life". 

He was the one that brought Leator and me together and he was the one that made the arrangements and comforted Leator for our engangement at the Mikaconcert in Munich.

The last time we met was in Amsterdam, where he was dressed up as the Mad Hatter. 

After that, we lost contact, because he was more like a twitterer, I was a facebooker and both didn't really like the other social media.

But I'll always remember all the things he did for me.

Freddie, I really hope you're in the front row (or even on stage!) at the concerts that Freddie Mercury is giving in Heaven right now. 

• Like 8

I still can't believe this...David was always so kind and funny, clever man, always polite with me. I loved our chat on twitter, he had always a good word for me. I will never forget you David, RIP :tears:

• Like 1

So sad to hear this news. Freddie was such a great guy and brought colour into so many lives. You will be dearly missed Fredster. And since you probably won't rest in peace up there but will turn things into a party there as well: good luck and have fun on your new journey. Thank you for for all the lovely memories, I considered you a real friend. <3

• Like 3

David... he was such an amazing man, so kind and full of joy. Always with a smile on his face. 

We were even preparing a trip to Santorini, a city he really loved, only a few months ago... we were so excited. I just can't believe it.

Thanks to him I got to see Mika in London, he gave me his ticket for free as he couldn't attend the gig. I wanted to pay but he was so generous... I remember he told me "It's ok! You can pay me with sangria and tapas!"... 

I will never forget the famous Madrid 2015 where we had the time of our lives. It won't be the same without you, my dear David.

RIP amigo. 

DDbNw-mXkAAGW2p.jpg:large

• Like 8

10 hours ago, dcdeb said:

009.jpg

:shocked: That was the day that he and Cassie handed over the Aussie petition (I think it was about May 2009)! I remember seeing all the pics they took of the kangaroo and crocodile on stage! I haven't seen that pic in years! 

We were so grateful to him (and Cassie of course) for helping the Aussies out then. He really was an Aussie at heart :wub2: :tears:

• Like 6

FD was one of the first Mika fans I talked to in the early days. Funny guy, passionate fan, kind...

I remember having a big disagreement with him a few years ago (well, not THAT big, it just seemed huge back then :shun:) but soon it was all good. We ended up meeting in person, when he came to Portugal for a gig, in 2012, and had such a great time... "We finally meet, sunshine!" 

You should've seen his face when we told him there was cherry licquor served in chocolate cups! :naughty: Of course we had to go for it, and toast! 

That's how I'll remember him: funny, cheerful and with a big heart! :wub:

RIP, David

427962_10151443559378049_553568875_n.jpg

• Like 4

I didn't have the pleasure to meet David personally but I did see him on several Mika gigs so I offer my condolences. This must be a big loss for his family and friends. It's always very sad and shocking to loose someone at this age. He certainly will be remembered and missed. :(

Just heard of the death of David, what a sad news. I know David as a warm and friendly person; he was one of the first persons that welcomed me in person at MFC. Wish his family and friends a lot of strength in these sad days. 

Edited by ~Wicky~
  • Like 1

I just heard the news today and just felt like I needed to come back here, maybe it was Freds guiding me, I dunno. I had to re-join, so I guess that shows how long it is since I came into MFC. (But it wouldn't let me have my username without adding 81 :/)  This thread has had me in tears, the photos of our boy and the stories, the screen names I remember well from the Freddie's butterfly bar era. I've not been as in contact as I should have been these last couple of years due to being ill myselfso not really leaving the house, but his name was always one of the top on my Christmas card lists and there was always the tweets/texts out of the blue that brought a smile and brought back a memory. 

He always seemed to make a coffee last hours, and never a bad word (unless you dissed the black cats). 

He never thought enough of himself, despite once telling me he'd stepped back a bit from MFC because he thought he'd got too big for his boots- he hadn't. He couldn't. 

Anyone who was there in Leeds to remember 'VODKAAAA BEDDDDD!!!' Will know the incriminating photos I have that I promised would never see the light of day. And they never have, nor will they. Except for me to look at, and laugh so hard I cry remembering the sweet, caring, hilarious and loving guy that should not have gone so young. 

'You can call me david you know' he said a few times, and when it was just us or round andi&ali's with the beers I would but as I said to him, David is the you we know like in person, but Freds is like your stage name. When we're online or talking to people from online you've often become almost a mythical creature so you get called freds. 

Feel so so guilty I hadn't been in contact more over the last couple of years. But still he made me smile whenever I saw his name. 

I hope the karaoke sessions with freddie go on long into the night david, you sweet sweet man. 

You will be missed. 

A lot. 

IMG_6866.JPG

IMG_6870.JPG

• Like 9

I'm so sorry to hear about Freddiesdouble! :shocked: I never had the chance to meet him, but I've always "read him" - both here and on Mikasounds, even before I became a member of the MFC, and I learned that he was a huge, funny and true MIKA-fan :wub2: I hoped he would be at the London Palladium last year, and I even asked Rosie about him, when we met at the Zebrano Bar, before the concert - cause I'd love to say hi to him... 

It must be a big loss for all of you MFCers, who knew him,  and could call him a friend. My thoughts are with you tonight.  RIP David.

Love, love

me      

• Like 1

I haven't logged in here in years but I heard the sad news about David and felt I had to come and add my condolences on this thread. He really was the heart and soul of MFC back in the early days and although I only met him briefly in person twice, he seemed such a kind and fun person. Very sad for him to be taken so soon.

RIP Freddie

• Like 3

I remember when I first came here, as well as to Twitter mikafan family in 2009 I felt so unsure, but he had warm words for me then and all these years. And it was a pleasure to queue by his side in Madrid...

It's not fair, so cruel, why good people are gone so early? 

• Like 2

Really lovely to read all the messages and see all the brilliant pictures! 

What a character! 

For so many of us he was more or less MFC in those early years. 

In real life I spent many an hour standing next to him in queues. 

Happy, happy memories of really fun times. 

He has left a hole in our lives but he certainly brought a lot of fun, joy and happiness to many. 

• Like 8