In Memoriam: RIP FREDDIESDOUBLE

dcdeb

I requested the same thing for Chris, no flowers but donations to the British Heart Foundation. But his work mates had already ordered flowers before they saw the obituary, I didn't mind I knew there would be some who wouldn't see it, but it was a fitting tribute to him, the words "Boo Boo " in flowers, which was his nickname at work ❤️

Edited by buttonslovesu
  • Like 2

The message of the passing of my beloved friend David hit me like nothing ever did before! I knew that he was seriously ill but I never gave up hoping that such a beautiful and lovely person will win this fight. I can’t actually remember the first time we got in touch, it must have been on twitter back in 2009 as he never was a facebook person. The first time I met him was in Amsterdam in 2010. This kind of MFC queuing/gathering was still new for me and so was this costume/motto thing. He was the ‚Mad Hatter‘ and I was kinda scared when he walked around to collect the orders for the little coffee break sponsored by Team Mika. With his coloured contact lenses, the wig and his red suit. When I told him years later that I was scared he laughed so hard :teehee: This became a running gag between us over the years. He was this kind of person everyone loved to hang out with, he made our world a better place. His little surprise letters/packages out of nothing when I came home from a s**t day at work, lovely messages on early mornings and his random funny tweets. He made people smile, he helped to forget problems for a short time when needed, he was a true friend even he lived miles away!

Madrid in October 2015 was probably „the best time we’ve ever had“ – at least for me. „Team Mario“ was born – our little group who was in touch almost every day since then. Everything about that trip was perfect. The people, the chats, the laughs, the concert and most of all the afterparty in the rain. I’ve never seen Mika smiling on stage the way he did when he saw David in the audience that night. David was so happy! :wub:

We were planning to go to Florence for NYE 16/17, a vacation in Santorini this year was also on our schedule. So many things which we can’t do anymore now. I’m not much into religion but it helps me a lot these days to believe in a reunion somewhere, someday! David, I promise you that day will be a big party! With open hotel doors, hibbeling shirts, flying concert tickets, coffee/drinkies, Mika, Queen and a big fat hug!!! Be prepared! I will horribly miss you until then! Now go and have a good time with Freddie up there while watching your friends having a smile on their faces remembering you, the wonderful and big hearted human being you were.

Farewell my dear. Love you.

https://youtu.be/EXJhTxTbLkU

David.jpg

Edited by MFC_Hasi
  • Like 15

21 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Kath, I've spoken to the funeral director today and he asked me to send him an email so that he could pass it on to the family, and then they could reply to me directly. I've heard nothing yet, as I'm sure they have many other things on their minds.

I don't know what the protocol is in a case like this. I've never seen this "family flowers only" type of thing. I'm willing to send a small arrangement, if you all think that's OK. Goodness knows we all feel like David's family. I just don't want to upset anyone. Please let me know what you think is best, and I'm happy to comply.

We put that with my grandad's because we thought we'd rather the money went to the charities we'd chosen than on flowers that would either be disposed of after the service or maybe a day or two. We had flowers from the family which we then gave to the retirement home he'd been living in and they split them up and had them in vases so they weren't wasted, but that way we got more money for the charities in his name which is what grandad would have wanted. 

Some people though do get a bit precious about it wanting flowers to be a special thing only from family but others it's just a charity minded thing. 

Maybe if they say yes we could split it half on flowers half on charity if people want? I'm going to donate tomorrow, just waiting on some money going into my account. 

• Like 1

FD was the first MFCer I met in RL.

This was Leeds and he's here with my daughter and me. She was freaked out by the way Mika had come into my life and rocked my world - to say nothing of meeting strangers off the internet! But everyone was so friendly and welcoming that it soon became a regular occurrence and FD was often there brightening up the queue with his wit and humour....

He was an unusually friendly and kind man with an unflagging bounce and joy for life. It's sad to think that his light has gone out.

Screenshot_2017-06-28-23-52-41-1.png

Edited by Ruth
  • Like 8

In the UK, "family flowers only" is a very common request. I'll see how well my PayPal account behaves.

(Edit - great, easy, phew!)

Edited by Ruth
  • Like 2

OK, David's mum actually called me yesterday. She didn't really want to talk long, and I didn't want to upset her by asking too much. But she wanted to thank us all for making a contribution to the charity she's chosen, which is St. Benedict Hospice. I tried to tell her how much David had meant to the Mika Fan Club and told her I would send a check straight away. And then she had to hang up. :( The entire call lasted about a minute, so I didn't get the chance to ask her about flowers.

So, thanks to you all, I will be sending a check today. I'll tell you what the total is after I do all the figuring. And if you all think it's OK, I'll send a small arrangement of flowers. I saw a small heart-shaped arrangement of red carnations that I thought might be appropriate.

On a separate note, I wanted you all to know that Mika has definitely heard the news and was very upset. :( He will be doing something privately.

• Like 17

15 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

OK, David's mum actually called me yesterday. She didn't really want to talk long, and I didn't want to upset her by asking too much. But she wanted to thank us all for making a contribution to the charity she's chosen, which is St. Benedict Hospice. I tried to tell her how much David had meant to the Mika Fan Club and told her I would send a check straight away. And then she had to hang up. :( The entire call lasted about a minute, so I didn't get the chance to ask her about flowers.

So, thanks to you all, I will be sending a check today. I'll tell you what the total is after I do all the figuring. And if you all think it's OK, I'll send a small arrangement of flowers. I saw a small heart-shaped arrangement of red carnations that I thought might be appropriate.

On a separate note, I wanted you all to know that Mika has definitely heard the news and was very upset. :( He will be doing something privately.

That sounds good Deb. :thumb_yello:

My heart goes out to his poor mum. Nobody expects to outlive their children. :tears:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Thanks, Deb, that's fine

It’s been years since the last time I logged in here… And the first thing that pops in my screen is 4 private messages that David sent me and I hadn’t read.

I haven’t found the words to express myself until today.

I just want to remember David as the amazing person he was. David was a super friendly boy, always smiling, with very expressive eyes. He was the kind of friend that sends chocolates for Christmas, magnets after his trips, and sweets with ‘get well soon’ postcards.

Being friends with him was an honour. He liked keeping in touch. He was always lifting others up, even if he needed to be lifted up too. I got used to his ‘good morning sunshine, want some coffee? :):)’ messages and to his ‘hola amigaaaaaa’ tweets. He loved sharing the little things that made him happy, such as a sunny morning, a rainbow, a cup of coffee or a day in the beach. If he noticed I was busy, he would just say that we would catch up another day. Now I think my priorities were wrong; I should have never put off conversations with him.

He never complained, at least not to me. He always seemed to be in a good mood even if he was struggling hard. I told him I was very proud.

I never thought I would have to face his passing. That did not seem an option when he first told me about his illness. As time went by I never accepted the idea of not having him.

I don’t want to believe that I will not enjoy his company and our endless chats again. I got used to his friendship so much that the emptiness I feel now hurts.

My only consolation is having told him many times how important he was to me and how much I loved him. But those many times now seem not enough.

David would have wanted me to enjoy life as much as possible and this is the only tribute I can pay to him.

Thank you, David, for having made my days more colourful and bright. You were a true friend, you had a very generous heart, and every second I spent with you was a blast. I love you loads.

R.I.P. my amigo

• Like 12

Again I havent logged on for years, couldnt even remember my details.

Im shocked David was a lovely guy and the great times we had (think Leeds was the first time we meet) but loads after,  always smiling always thinking of others and making sure we had a good time.  Its so sad.  I really want to come here as soon as i heard the news.

David rest in peace, there are no words, thank you for the fun times!! x

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Thank you Deb for letting us know about the call and also about Mika. For me the flowers are o.k..

Edited by Sabine64

I came back to the MFC to pay my respects to David. Such a friendly guy, I've met him in Amsterdam in front of the HMH queueing for Mika. We talked on twitter and the MFC. He will be missed!

Edited by AnnaMariaPetra
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Thank you Deb! And glad to know Mika got the message. And okay with flowers. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dcdeb said:

That was lovely that she called you Deb even if it was brief. 

I am relieved to hear that Mika has heard the news. The way in which he responds is of course entirely up to him. I, like many of you, am very aware that Mika was fond of David and appreciated his love and dedication. 

:huglove: 

• Like 5

Damn it, I lost my quotes! :sneaky2:

Anyways, just wanted to say a few things: 

Rose: :tears::huglove:

Anne: Def think the book is a good idea. I know Angel's parents were appreciative of the book when I sent it, I bet David's family will be too. 

Deb: I'm happy to go with whatever everyone else wants to do re: money (which seems to be going with donation/flowers). Also, I'm glad Mika knows.No doubt he appreciates that someone told him the news. 

Also, Mika: :huglove: 

• Like 3

I'm late to post something here but I saw the sad news on the day on Facebook.

it is very very sad. I talked a few times with David on Twitter etc and he was always nice and friendly. For me he is MFC.

I would like to donate if it is not too late.

• Like 1

:tears:

I deeply regret that I haven't met David in person when he has come to Japan in July 2013.

Unfortunately I had a cancer surgery in August and radiotherapies in November / December of 2012, was still very tired at that time.

David was essentially warmhearted, understood my situations. We have promised that we would meet someday....

I miss you David, rest in peace.

• Like 6