In Memoriam: RIP FREDDIESDOUBLE

dcdeb

I'm planning to send some flowers on behalf of the MFC -- no one needs to contribute anything unless they'd like to, as there is some money in the MFC Paypal account  that we can use for this purpose.

If you'd like to add to the fund, however, you can Paypal to mfcregister@gmail.com

Thanks. I'm sure that David would be pleased to see all his old friends returning to MFC! :wub2:

• Like 18

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I'm planning to send some flowers on behalf of the MFC -- no one needs to contribute anything unless they'd like to, as there is some money in the MFC Paypal account  that we can use for this purpose.

If you'd like to add to the fund, however, you can Paypal to mfcregister@gmail.com

Thanks. I'm sure that David would be pleased to see all his old friends returning to MFC! :wub2:

Thanks Deb. I was hoping that we could do something. Really pleased. X 

I'm so sorry for the loss. David was a lovely and warm person. He made me feel like I was part of the family and helped me in a very dark moment of my life.

It makes me sad to know he's no longer with us. I'll miss him.

RIP David.

• Like 3

After reading the very sad news, I have been thinking of him a lot.

He played an important role in Mika Fan Club; unfortunately we have never met, although I would have loved to, but we interacted on the forum and on twitter since the beginning, and I remember him as a nice and cheerful guy.

I still have a little lovely note from him; RIP freddie, thank you for bringing your sunshine to our community. With much love Marina X 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I'm pleased MFC are sending some flowers, I'll be sure to add some cash to the PayPal account. 

EDIT: I've just paid some into the MFC account and wrote it from the Aussies. I did it using family and friends, hope that's okay.  

Edited by nico_collard
Update

This is gonna be a long post so stay with me! 

I'm another who hasn't been here for ages but when I heard about Freddie (David) I had to come here (after I actually composed myself) and just remind people of the amazing person he was.. and always will be in our hearts of those that knew him. 

Freddie was MIKA's No.1 fan.. you guys might think you are but nope, that was him 100%.  

This forum wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him setting it up with another guy. It was just an idea and was Freddie who made it a reality!!!! 

My first gig was also my Birthday so Freddie decided we were having a party. Everyone brought drink and food and we got told off so many times by management to turn the MIKA cd down as it was on a constant loop.. :lmfao:. The guy in the next room started to complain but Fred turned him round and he was part of the party in the end. He was just like that. Everyone's friend. 

I will never forget at that show I asked MIKA to write a note for Freddie, as there were complications as to him missing the show. (Back in 2007!)  I actually saw tears in Freddie's eyes, he was so grateful.  His life for years consisted of MIKA and the MFC. 

He made it his life's wish just to make everyone happy and to get as many people to see/meet MIKA as possible. 

We always had a connection both being from the Nort East of England. Even though I'm at the bottom and him at the top,we would meet for lunch and coffee... and boy he could drink some coffee (aswell as beer ?He had hollow legs!) 

Unfortunately, after his initial operation we weren't didnt go out anymore. Either I was poorly or he made an excuse-but it's only just come out how ill he really was, but never told a soul. He kept his outer shell in tact and played the happy, go lucky guy most of you knew. 

When things turned sour with the MFC, I stood by him, after so many didn't. You had to know the real person to know to never believe the rumours and attention seeking kids. He put himself in a vulnerable position being one of only a couple of men on the MFC. Luckily he was always the bigger person and bounced back. 

For the newbies in here you are missing a person who made the MFC a wonderful place. It used to be such a laugh and a way to find information.. as back then MIKA was unknown and we helped put MIKA on the map. Freddie was more involved than any of you will know. 

Freddie ... yes I will always call him that. We discussed using our real names but agreed nah..He was always my Fredddie and I was his Daisylou. 

After MIKA and music his other love was tennis and he was good at it too. 

The world has lost another good person and far too early.

I Hope wherever you are, you are laughing till your face is like a beetroot. You never failed to make me giggle. 

I actually said on Facebook/twitter..He always called me his  'little ray of Sunshine' but My Darling Freddie... nobody shone as bright as you! 

Miss you! Loveya! ❤️❤️❤️

RIPFreddie. 

• Like 13

It's really hard to find words... I first met David in November 2007, when he offered Sivan, Summer and me to stay at his place for the night after the Mika gig in Newcastle. We had so much fun there and on several other occasions, and it's so hard to believe he's gone. :( I've searched my albums and found a few pix that I think I've only posted on myspace back in the days. Posting them here, to remember the good times... (Newcastle, Amsterdam and London)

RIP David. :tears:

IMG_2826.JPG

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_3606.JPG

IMG_1162.JPG

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Just found the death notice for David. Note that it says "family flowers only." I'll try to contact the funeral director to find out more.

http://announcements.johnstonpress.co.uk/obituaries/sunderlandecho-uk/obituary.aspx?n=david-bellamy&pid=185953703

I'll be fine with my contribution going to charity, if they don't want flowers.

• Like 6

It’s indeed with a heavy heart that I read the news of your passing. To stay with you was love,

life and laughter and I’m proud and happy to have known you David. Peace be with you.

• Like 1

I knew he was very ill. We had planned to meet eachother last year in March. Cancer came between us. That meeting has never taken place. Last time I spoke with him he told me about his illness and I told him about some sad things that were happening in my life. Shortly after that chat he left internet. Worried for several weeks about him. It didn't feel good that he didn't come on line. Then came the message about him having a serious back injury after a fall. Made me worry so much. But oh what a surprise when he reacted on a picture of mine on Instagram. That gave me some hope of him slowly getting better again. Untill last wednesday....

Cried so much. Loved him dearly. He made me feel so special when he came to my birthday party. Just for me. All away from England. 

I'll remember him as the gentle loving person he was to me. 

RIP dear friend. 

David en ik.jpg

Edited by Jojotje
  • Like 12

7 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Just found the death notice for David. Note that it says "family flowers only." I'll try to contact the funeral director to find out more.

http://announcements.johnstonpress.co.uk/obituaries/sunderlandecho-uk/obituary.aspx?n=david-bellamy&pid=185953703

Thanks for posting this Deb. I googled last night but failed to find anything. 

I will send you my donation shortly but I am also happy for it to go to charity. Having said that, I feel that many of us feel that we are a family of sorts and I don't think Freddie's family would be upset or offended by a small floral offering from us. But that's just my opinion. 

Edited by kath
  • Like 3

This news kind of hit me like a steam train, I knew he was ill, and that he was pretty bad, but always hoped that he would rally and pull out of it. Sadly, that was not to be.

I first met this force of nature in Birmingham, 17th May 2007, at my first Mika gig. He was so bouncy all day in the queue, we got separated in the venue, but met afterwards outside, and he invited the very first MFC pic with Mika in (who told us the best way to pose for a photo was to say 'potato', cue 20 people shouting potato while the pic was taken ?)

We met many times down the years, he led us astray at his 'local' gig in Newcastle, in Blackpool we had KFC at 1am after Mika played at the Radio 2 show (this was known that night as chicken on a bench, which reduced him to tears of laughter after a few pints?)

We flew to Portugal together a few years back, which was just one long laugh the whole flight, walk through the airport and to the hotel. 

The last gig we saw together was in Madrid, which was an amazing weekend with many amazing people (you know who you are), we got front row and Mikas face had the biggest smile when he spotted him, I think that made David's trip. 

So many gigs hanging out, the boombox blasting out Mika songs at Brixton before the show, various costumes as pics here have shown (SO many costumes), Doncaster Christmas show, Eden Project sing along, which Mika heard from the stage while sound checking. All good times.

We always missed each other when I had jobs that took me to Sunderland, always promising each other to make it next time, but never did.

Chats on Twitter about the football, teasing each other when Sunderland met Liverpool, but never mad if either lost, always good natured banter about it.

Good long chats about work and family on Wassup, he was always chatty. Always made me laugh and smile.

He was very fond of his mum, a lovely lady, looked after her well, loved talking about her. It felt like I knew her, but first chatting to her a couple of months back, when we lost contact with David, I was nervous, worried she might find me a bit intrusive. But she was as lovely as David described her, and we have had quite a few chats recently, keeping up with his condition. This week the conversations more heartbreaking, as you can imagine.

I now find myself on Twitter seeing things that I would retweet to David, and having to stop myself, and it's hard. And with Wimbledon on next week, knowing he would have been getting excited for it, makes it harder.

I have lost my friend, one of my good friends, one of my best friends. It doesn't feel real. I keep thinking he will jump out and tweet 'Surprise, anyone want a coffee ☕ ' But I know it won't happen. And that hurts.

So I want to raise a cup or glass, whichever you prefer, to my friend, and to quote Mika 'it was the best time I ever had'

R.I.P. FREDDIESDOUBLE

Edited by RAK1
  • Like 19

6 hours ago, kath said:

Thanks for posting this Deb. I googled last night but failed to find anything. 

I will send you my donation shortly but I am also happy for it to go to charity. Having said that, I feel that many of us feel that we are a family of sorts and I don't think Freddie's family would be upset or offended by a small floral offering from us. But that's just my opinion. 

Kath, I've spoken to the funeral director today and he asked me to send him an email so that he could pass it on to the family, and then they could reply to me directly. I've heard nothing yet, as I'm sure they have many other things on their minds.

I don't know what the protocol is in a case like this. I've never seen this "family flowers only" type of thing. I'm willing to send a small arrangement, if you all think that's OK. Goodness knows we all feel like David's family. I just don't want to upset anyone. Please let me know what you think is best, and I'm happy to comply.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Kath, I've spoken to the funeral director today and he asked me to send him an email so that he could pass it on to the family, and then they could reply to me directly. I've heard nothing yet, as I'm sure they have many other things on their minds.

I don't know what the protocol is in a case like this. I've never seen this "family flowers only" type of thing. I'm willing to send a small arrangement, if you all think that's OK. Goodness knows we all feel like David's family. I just don't want to upset anyone. Please let me know what you think is best, and I'm happy to comply.

In my opinion I think it would be ok. What do you think Rose? What does anyone else think? It's fairly common here in the U.K. And I think really it's just a case of people feeling that a lot of flowers is maybe a waste when the money could be better spent by the chosen charity. 

But of course, you may get a reply from the family.

Edited by kath
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, RAK1 said:

This news kind of hit me like a steam train, I knew he was ill, and that he was pretty bad, but always hoped that he would rally and pull out of it. Sadly, that was not to be.

I first met this force of nature in Birmingham, 17th May 2007, at my first Mika gig. He was so bouncy all day in the queue, we got separated in the venue, but met afterwards outside, and he invited the very first MFC pic with Mika in (who told us the best way to pose for a photo was to say 'potato', cue 20 people shouting potato while the pic was taken ?)

We met many times down the years, he led us astray at his 'local' gig in Newcastle, in Blackpool we had KFC at 1am after Mika played at the Radio 2 show (this was known that night as chicken on a bench, which reduced him to tears of laughter after a few pints?)

We flew to Portugal together a few years back, which was just one long laugh the whole flight, walk through the airport and to the hotel. 

The last gig we saw together was in Madrid, which was an amazing weekend with many amazing people (you know who you are), we got front row and Mikas face had the biggest smile when he spotted him, I think that made David's trip. 

So many gigs hanging out, the boombox blasting out Mika songs at Brixton before the show, various costumes as pics here have shown (SO many costumes), Doncaster Christmas show, Eden Project sing along, which Mika heard from the stage while sound checking. All good times.

We always missed each other when I had jobs that took me to Sunderland, always promising each other to make it next time, but never did.

Chats on Twitter about the football, teasing each other when Sunderland met Liverpool, but never mad if either lost, always good natured banter about it.

Good long chats about work and family on Wassup, he was always chatty. Always made me laugh and smile.

He was very fond of his mum, a lovely lady, looked after her well, loved talking about her. It felt like I knew her, but first chatting to her a couple of months back, when we lost contact with David, I was nervous, worried she might find me a bit intrusive. But she was as lovely as David described her, and we have had quite a few chats recently, keeping up with his condition. This week the conversations more heartbreaking, as you can imagine.

I now find myself on Twitter seeing things that I would retweet to David, and having to stop myself, and it's hard. And with Wimbledon on next week, knowing he would have been getting excited for it, makes it harder.

I have lost my friend, one of my good friends, one of my best friends. It doesn't feel real. I keep thinking he will jump out and tweet 'Surprise, anyone want a coffee ☕ ' But I know it won't happen. And that hurts.

So I want to raise a cup or glass, whichever you prefer, to my friend, and to quote Mika 'it was the best time I ever had'

R.I.P. FREDDIESDOUBLE

Lovely write up Rose :huglove: 

• Like 2

What a beautiful writing, Rose, made me cry to read it. For some reason thinking of David has always made me think of you too because I know you two knew each other well since the early times and naturally both also UK fans. 

Deb, I sent my share and let you ladies decide what's the best and most suitable option to do here (whether it's flowers or charity). 

• Like 2