In Memoriam: RIP FREDDIESDOUBLE

dcdeb

I'm trying to work out a way to compile my thoughts... 

i just saw Miri's post on Facebook about the fundraising page above and I was sent into such a state of shock and denial. 

I never met Freddie at a Mika gig (he was mainly Freddie to me, though I did have moments of Fravid and such combinations in my mind :naughty:) though I did see him at my first ever one in Newcastle but I was too shy to say hello! 

But we did meet at two Erika gigs, the first in our native North East where he and Erika collaborated to try and get me home from Middlesbrough at 2am after one of her gigs. He kindly asked his friends to drop me at the Tyne Tunnel where I was picked up. He was so thoughful and caring. 

The second and only other time, after organising a private gig, he nearly got me run over by a motorbike in London by sending me to the wrong pub, but all was forgiven and I remember it as a funny and heartwarming story. :wub: :teehee: 

I spoke to him many times over twitter and I will always be thankful for his kindness and support. He was taken far too soon but then all the best people are... 

Thank you for existing and being here with us, my darling. Rest in Peace, I'll play MIKA loud in memory :wub: Much love:huglove: xxx

Edited by RainbowGirl
  • Like 8

everyone who already contributed on Deb's paypal doesn't need to donate in the fundraising. No one actually needs to donate anyway. It's up to everyone. Both amounts will find the correct way to St. Benedict's Hospice like David and his family wanted it. I hope there's no confusion now.

Edited by MFC_Hasi
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Jodi_ice81 said:

Just wondering how things are going to work with there being two donations now? (Debs on the mfc paypal and this one on just giving) will they be joined together?

3 hours ago, MFC_Hasi said:

everyone who already contributed on Deb's paypal doesn't need to donate in the fundraising. No one actually needs to donate anyway. It's up to everyone. Both amounts will find the correct way to St. Benedict's Hospice like David and his family wanted it. I hope there's no confusion now.

Yes, sorry, it's a little confusing. I had already sent a small arrangement of flowers to today's service, and had promised a check from the MFC to David's mum. I think Miri didn't realize this, but it's all good. Anyone who has already sent money to the MFC Paypal account should rest assured that it will be going to St. Benedict's Hospice as originally planned. If you didn't send anything to the MFC Paypal and you would still like to donate to the hospice, please send your donation to the Just Giving page that Miri has set up. :thumb_yello:

• Like 7

Just a little update: As I already mentioned the other day, I sent a small basket of flowers to David's funeral yesterday on behalf of the MFC. I ended up sending an arrangement of multi-colored flowers -- I thought that was more appropriate from the MFC than something in muted colors or white.

I have also sent a donation of £200 to St. Benedict's Hospice in David's memory on behalf of the fan club, in addition to a card to his mother expressing our sympathy.

I hope all of that is OK with everyone.

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Just a little update: As I already mentioned the other day, I sent a small basket of flowers to David's funeral yesterday on behalf of the MFC. I ended up sending an arrangement of multi-colored flowers -- I thought that was more appropriate from the MFC than something in muted colors or white.

I have also sent a donation of £200 to St. Benedict's Hospice in David's memory on behalf of the fan club, in addition to a card to his mother expressing our sympathy.

Thank you Deb, sounds perfect :hug:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

That's fantastic Hun thank you :) :flowers2::flowers2:

On 7/8/2017 at 0:17 AM, dcdeb said:

Thank you so much for organising it all Deb :huglove:  

On 7/8/2017 at 0:55 AM, QueenElisaII said:

I have been told that Mika sent flowers and a lovely message to David yesterday... If I have any further info I'll let you know. 

:tears: How lovely of Mika :wub2:

• Like 1

On 7/7/2017 at 10:55 AM, QueenElisaII said:

I have been told that Mika sent flowers and a lovely message to David yesterday... If I have any further info I'll let you know. 

On 7/9/2017 at 9:26 AM, nico_collard said:

Thank you so much for organising it all Deb :huglove:  

:tears: How lovely of Mika :wub2:

Yes, as I said several days ago, Mika wanted to do something privately, in a more personal way. He's a such a kind person.

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...