Mika guest at "Il Tempo Delle Donne" in Milan 8th September 2017 11h00

Gabry74

3 hours ago, Lucrezia said:

I leave the full translation to the Subs team that I'm sure they'll make an incredible work.

Is he worried about his Miami friends and his house?  Those of us in the States are terrified for anyone there, and it's supposed to arrive on Sunday.  Nothing you can do either, nature is the boss.  And loss is a miserable creature.   I very much hope he is able to give himself over to the writing and the music soon.  He has a unique vision that is much needed by this difficult world. 

Edited by Anditwassummer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Anditwassummer said:

Is he worried about his Miami friends and his house?  Those of us in the States are terrified for anyone there, and it's supposed to arrive on Sunday.  Nothing you can do either, nature is the boss.  And loss is a miserable creature.   I very much hope he is able to give himself over to the writing and the music soon.  He has a unique vision that is much needed by this difficult world. 

I saw one person who said he did mention that he is terrified for his Miami house. I am too, and for my own house all of my home state of FL. I'm currently in South Carolina as my home in Florida was in a mandatory evacuation zone, and they told us yesterday to absolutely GET OUT. I'm not too concerned about damage to my home but I am worried that the power grid will be damaged and take a long time to bring back.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ladyolivier said:

I saw one person who said he did mention that he is terrified for his Miami house. I am too, and for my own house all of my home state of FL. 

Someone on my FB page suggested people filed insurance claims asap because you may be reimbursed for your evacuation exoenses.  Hope it goes okay for you. Glad you are safe.

10 hours ago, Lucrezia said:

I leave the full translation to the Subs team that I'm sure they'll make an incredible work

Here a summary of the most interesting things he said today during the interview:

Mika talked about the abuse he suffered from a teacher at school who ruined part of his life, especially his adolescence. This trauma has led him to not read and write normally and he brings the signs even now.

He wants to fight against homophobia since in the past lots of people hurt him and help those who are less privileged than himself.

He thinks about writing articles about food and nutrition and continuing his partnership with "Corriere della sera". So many many many columns will follow soon.

The release of his book and his album is delayed even if he started to write again at the end of his summer holidays. He is writing new things, perhaps in reaction to the dictatorship of "background music". Longer and less structured songs, like landscapes.

For more than 70% of men, Mom is the most important person.

Writing songs allows him to preserve his fragility. Even men today should cultivate their own fragility. We forget the elasticity of when we were kids, so the heart in the storms of life is likely to stop and hide. Fragility is the antidote.

He does not believe there is any difference between men and women.

He talked about his family where the emotions continue to explode and they support each others. He talked about the beloved poet of the Great War Wilfred Owen.

He talked about his relationship with Italy (shortly his new Rai program... he can't say anything for now). He said a wonderful sentence about Italy: "the more you know this country and the less you understand it, as in love" .

Tomorrow watch out 'cause there will be a column about Mika on Corriere for sure! :wink2:

Thank you, Lucrezia :flowers2: So exciting to think about his music/new songs and new columns :wub: :wub: :wub: Many interesting topics in the interview, patiently waiting for more details.

Edited by tiibet
  • Like 1

Corriere della Sera  9 Sep 2017

RIMETTERSI IN GIOCO SENZA PAURA

Mika e D’Avenia, i turbamenti degli uomini di oggi Forti e fragili, in cerca di un nuovo equilibrio

Da Brunori Sas allo Stato Sociale, il microfono ai cantautori indie Il sindaco Sala sulla smart city

Il Tempo delle donne è cominciato alle 6 di mattina, con quattro ore di anticipo, quando sono arrivate davanti alla Triennale le prime tre fan di Mika. Quasi all’unisono Allegra, 17 anni, da Cantù, Giulia, 21, da Firenze, e Linda, 34, da Saronno, che come un re magio portava anche il dono, una scatola di cioccolatini fasciata in una borsa lucente coperta di farfalle: la passione del cantante intrattenitore, scelto come apertura del Tempo delle donne 2017 perché incarna come nessuno i turbamenti dell’uomo oggi, forte e fragile allo stesso tempo, portatore sano di una sofferta fluidità contemporanea. E che invece di fuggire dalla complessità della nuova fragilità maschile decide di affrontarla, di passarci attraverso. «Per Mika questo ed altro», comunicano le tre ammiratrici mentre aspettano in cima alla coda sterminata, e non sono state certo deluse perché poi sul palco Mika ha regalato perle di densa saggezza, dicendo tra l’altro che se lui appare così oggi è perché non conosciamo sua mamma, «donna di complessa personalità, seria e divertente, dura e dolce, esigente e tollerante». E fornisce già una strada, una traccia per tutti gli uomini (e le donne) che saliranno sul palco dopo di lui.

Le inquietudini e i capisaldi

Sì, perché questo Tempo delle donne è dedicato agli uomini , nella convinzione che non è nella isterica contrapposizione ma nella reciproca comprensione che si progredisce, e si può uscire dalla trappola delle opposte violenze, fisiche e verbali. La sfida è: come rimettersi in gioco, come ripartire, insomma, dando voce agli uomini e alle loro contraddizioni. E l’inchiesta che il Corriere della Sera ha condotto per l’occasione fotografa il momento di cambiamento e di inquietudine dell’arcipelago maschio, ma racconta anche che ci sono alcuni capisaldi a cui l’uomo non rinuncia. Il 36 per cento dice che la famiglia, ancora, viene prima di tutto; il 70 per cento conferma che la mamma è stata la persona più importante della vita; il 60 per cento che le emozioni contano, e parecchio. L’uomo che piange, che non ha paura di mostrarsi fragile, non turba più. Edoardo Boncinelli, famoso scienziato genetista, ha detto che mostrarsi fragili rende più forti, che chi non ne è capace si spezza prima. E lo scrittore Alessandro D’Avenia — il suo spettacolo è andato ultra esaurito —, anche lui maestro per le nuove generazioni, fa addirittura della fragilità un’arte. Persino Flavio Briatore, arrivato in scarpetta vellutata e naturalmente politicamente scorretto nei fuori onda («quante donne ci sono in giro, bisogna stare attenti a non lasciare oggetti sui tavoli») ha ribadito che il fallimento va onorato, fa parte di una educazione moderna, basta sapersi rialzare.

L’approdo condiviso

Incalzato dalla flessibilità femminile, l’uomo sta cambiando, è impegnato in un salto, ha preso lo slancio ma è ancora a mezz’aria. «Ma non è chiaro dove atterrerà. E come ricostruirà la sua identità» dicono Barbara Stefanelli, vice direttore vicario del Corriere e Michela Mantovan, caporedattore Tempi liberi, responsabili dell’inchiesta. «È importante però che sia capace di mettersi in gioco su tutti i fronti — genitore, marito, compagno — e che gli uomini più giovani vivano questo turbamento non come una catastrofe, ma arrivino al punto di desiderare di attraversarlo senza paura, dicendosi: lo so che sono più debole di mio padre, ma la mia insicurezza è più figa». L’approdo in ogni caso deve essere condiviso perché, come ha detto Martina Colombari, spiegando il segreto della coppia di lungo corso come la sua con Alessandro Billy Costacurta, «è come un percorso di due autonomie, due linee parallele che ogni tanto si incontrano e allora diventa famiglia».

Google translator

Spoiler

RETURN IT WITHOUT PAIN

Mika and D'Avenia, the turmoil of today's men Strong and fragile, looking for a new equilibrium

From Brunori Sas to the Social State, the microphone to the indie songwriters The mayor Hall on the smart city

The Women's Time began at 6am, four hours in advance, when the first three Mika fans arrived in front of the Triennial. Almost at the unison Allegra, 17, from Cantù, Giulia, 21, from Florence, and Linda, 34, from Saronno, who, like a magical king, also carried the gift, a box of chocolates wrapped in a shiny purse covered with butterflies: the passion of the entertainer singer, chosen as the opening of the Women's Time 2017 because he embodies as no man today's troubles, strong and fragile at the same time, a healthy bearer of a contemporary fluid fluidity. And instead of fleeing from the complexity of the new male fragility, she decides to face it, to go through it. "For Mika this and more," the three admirers announce while waiting at the top of the exaggerated queue, and they were certainly not disappointed because then on the stage Mika gave pearls of dense wisdom, saying among other things that if he looks so today is because we do not know his mom, "a woman of complex personality, serious and fun, tough and sweet, demanding and tolerant." And it already provides a road, a track for all men (and women) who will rise on stage after him.

The worries and headaches

Yes, because this Women's Time is devoted to men, in the belief that it is not in the hysterical contrast, but in the mutual understanding that is progressing, and you can get out of the trap of opposing violence, physical and verbal. The challenge is: how to get involved, how to start, in short, giving voice to men and their contradictions. And the investigation carried out by the Corriere della Sera for the occasion captures the moment of change and anxiety of the male archipelago, but also tells that there are some cornerstones to which man does not renounce. 36 percent say that the family, again, is first of all; 70 percent confirms that Mummy was the most important person in life; 60 percent emotions count, and a lot. The weeping man, who is not afraid of being frail, no longer shakes. Edoardo Boncinelli, a famous genetic scientist, said that being fragile makes it stronger, than those who can not break it before. And the writer Alessandro D'Avenia - his performance has gone extremely well - he also master for the new generations, even makes the fragility an art. Even Flavio Briatore, who arrived in a velvety, and politically incorrect, out-wave shoe ("how many women are around, be careful not to leave objects on the tables") reiterated that failure should be honored, part of a modern education, you just have to get up.

Shared landing

Infuriated by the female flexibility, the man is changing, is engaged in a leap, has taken the momentum but is still in the middle of the air. "But it's not clear where it will land. And how will he reconstruct his identity? "Said Barbara Stefanelli, Vicar Vicar of Corriere and Michela Mantovan, Editor-in-Chief of Free Times, responsible for the investigation. "It is important, however, that he is capable of playing on all fronts - parent, husband, and companion - and that younger men live this disturbance not as a catastrophe but come to the point of wanting to cross it without fear, saying: I know I'm weaker than my father, but my insecurity is more pussy. " The seaport must in any case be shared because, as Martina Colombari said, explaining the secret of the long-running couple like his one with Alessandro Billy Costacurta, "is like a path of two autonomies, two parallel lines that occasionally meet and then becomes a family. "

36284431294_4d26971263_k.jpg

36931580246_65a26ae2b2_k.jpg

• Like 3

Hello! I wasn't there, but I watched the video on Facebook and maybe, while you are waiting for subtitles of the whole interview, you are interested in the part about writing songs for the new album. This is what he said (I hope that there are not too many mistakes! This is a really literal translation....). 

"There is a culture that is changing in music. I got back to the piano (to write songs), because I don't always write: I write for a period, then stop, then begin again. I always did like that, from the beginning. And what is happening now is that I'm rejecting a little the "formats" of songs. I wrote a song now that is like a landscape: it last 4.50 minutes and there are 5 different parts that don't repeat. And I thought: it's strange! I never wrote like that before! I'm really structured: strophes, refrains... I think that now there's a culture where music became background music. The idea of sitting and listening and consuming music like a film, like something that stands alone, is much more rare. Sure, there are many among you that do it, but the tendence is not that. And the music now, with Spotify, with streaming, became something that is always there in the background, in the kitchen, library, restaurants and everywhere... So the tastes of popular music now reside more in background music, and other artist that don't do this kind of music disappears a little in this tendence. And I'm not someone really reactive, because I've always done what I want to do. And it will happen what it will happen... But I think that this tendence is a little dangerous because background music is funny, but it's not the only kind of music that counts, actually, not at all. So, perhaps rejecting this a little, I'm writing these songs that are a little strange, that have not this more traditional structure. And this is my starting point, and the project will arrive where it will arrive. And I'm someone that has always done so many contradictory things in his own work and I hope to keep doing it in the future". 

Then he said that he wrote a new "sigla" (jingle? theme song? last year it was Boum Boum Boum) for Casa mika, that wasn't born as a sigla, but as a song (he wrote it a month ago) and he thought it was perfect for the show and he really like it (he didn't say in which language he wrote this song).

I hope this can help! 

Edited by mariafrancy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm so happy to hear he is thinking of new music and started writing again! And very curious about the song and style he mentioned. I never listen to background music and always listen to his music song by song, choosing carefully, so would love to hear him talking about this more. I hope he will talk about music in English at some point... 

Thanks for translations and summaries! :flowers2: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mariafrancy said:

Hello! I wasn't there, but I watched the video on Facebook and maybe, while you are waiting for subtitles of the whole interview, you are interested in the part about writing songs for the new album. This is what he said (I hope that there are not too many mistakes! This is a really literal translation....). 

"There is a culture that is changing in music. I got back to the piano (to write songs), because I don't always write: I write for a period, then stop, then begin again. I always did like that, from the beginning. And what is happening now is that I'm rejecting a little the "formats" of songs. I wrote a song now that is like a landscape: it last 4.50 minutes and there are 5 different parts that don't repeat. And I thought: it's strange! I never wrote like that before! I'm really structured: strophes, refrains... I think that now there's a culture where music became background music. The idea of sitting and listening and consuming music like a film, like something that stands alone, is much more rare. Sure, there are many among you that do it, but the tendence is not that. And the music now, with Spotify, with streaming, became something that is always there in the background, in the kitchen, library, restaurants and everywhere... So the tastes of popular music now reside more in background music, and other artist that don't do this kind of music disappears a little in this tendence. And I'm not someone really reactive, because I've always done what I want to do. And it will happen what it will happen... But I think that this tendence is a little dangerous because background music is funny, but it's not the only kind of music that counts, actually, not at all. So, perhaps rejecting this a little, I'm writing this songs there are a little strange, that have not this more traditional structure. And this is my starting point, and the project will arrive where it will arrive. And I'm someone that has always done so many contradictory things in his own work and I hope to keep doing it in the future". 

Then he said that he wrote a new "sigla" (jingle? theme song? last year it was Boum Boum Boum) for Casa mika, that wasn't born as a sigla, but as a song (he wrote it a month ago) and he thought it was perfect for the show and he really like it (he didn't say in which language he wrote this song).

I hope this can help! 

5ish minutes weird songs with unusual structure sounds absolutely amazing!! (A little like bohemian rhapsody perhaps?)

• Like 4

Thanks lucrezia and mariafrancy!

Writing about food and nutrition?! Did he actually mean that or was that a joke? :blink: In any case, I do like Casa Mika, but imo he should postpone writing columns or books to after he's done with his album. I didn't mind so far, and I don't know what he actually said in that interview - but the summary sounds like he's trying to do a bit too much at once atm. Well, maybe he just had to say that he's working on that stuff as well, because it was an event by Corriere della Sera. :teehee:

Anyway, what he says about his new music sounds promising... can't wait to hear it! :wub2:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mellody said:

Thanks lucrezia and mariafrancy!

Writing about food and nutrition?! Did he actually mean that or was that a joke? :blink: In any case, I do like Casa Mika, but imo he should postpone writing columns or books to after he's done with his album. I didn't mind so far, and I don't know what he actually said in that interview - but the summary sounds like he's trying to do a bit too much at once atm. Well, maybe he just had to say that he's working on that stuff as well, because it was an event by Corriere della Sera. :teehee:

Anyway, what he says about his new music sounds promising... can't wait to hear it! :wub2:

It was the journalist that talked about his past articles for Corriere and asked him to write for them again. She said they talked about a theme too. Mika then remembered that they met one day in a restaurant near the journalist's office while he was eating "cotoletta alla milanese" and they talked about how half of Mika's family is now vegan. And she thought it would be an interesting theme for an article.

Mika talked about writing in general, but if I remember correctly, he didn't specify exactly what, apart from the phrases I translated before (about new songs) and his show, which he said it's a laboratory where he can experiment (and that's why he likes it a lot)

• Thanks 1

I'm very happy to have had the opportunity to participe at the Mika's interview at Il Tempo Delle Donne in Milan. :cheer:

He said that the way to write music is changed. He wrote the new song of Stasera Casa Mika, that it won't be Boum Boum Boum like last year, in

background style. Can't wait to listen it! :fangurl:

He spoke about his family and the relevance of the mother figure, his childhood/adolescence and the teacher that bullied him. 

Talking about one hero of Good Guys, he explained the way that Owen described the relationship love/hate with the war.

I would listen to him for hours! :blush-anim-cl:

He is very concerned for the hurricane that will bring down on Florida.

(He has a house in Miami) :sad:

I hope all the best for him and for who lives there. :crossed:

My pics during and after the event: 

20170908_202020.png

20170908_201849.png

20170909_103952.png

20170908_235018.png

20170908_234655.png

20170909_104040.png

20170909_103751.png

20170908_234638.png

20170909_104012.png

20170909_103932.png

20170908_232331.jpg

20170908_235409.jpg

20170908_235258.png

20170909_111252.png

20170909_110846.png

20170909_110633.png

20170908_191559.png

20170909_110206.png

20170909_110931.png

20170908_190201.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mariafrancy said:

It was the journalist that talked about his past articles for Corriere and asked him to write for them again. She said they talked about a theme too. Mika then remembered that they met one day in a restaurant near the journalist's office while he was eating "cotoletta alla milanese" and they talked about how half of Mika's family is now vegan. And she thought it would be an interesting theme for an article.

Mika talked about writing in general, but if I remember correctly, he didn't specify exactly what, apart from the phrases I translated before (about new songs) and his show, which he said it's a laboratory where he can experiment (and that's why he likes it a lot)

Ah thanks, that sounds better. :) I thought he wanted to write more about food - if it's just the possible topic of one column, I guess that's ok. :teehee:

Thanks Gabry for the mini-report & pix! Looks very crowded outside... :aah:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gabry74 said:

20170908_190201.png

All the pics are very nice, but this is it's very special... i adoret it :blush-anim-cl:

I belive that summarize whole beatiful day!

A dear greeting 🤗

Edited by BeNny
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, BeNny said:

All the pics are very nice, but this is it's very special... i adoret it :blush-anim-cl:

I belive that summarize whole beatiful day!

A dear greeting 🤗

Wonderful day!!💖 

Having had the chance to listen to him and meet  and have fun with very special people!:group_hug:

• Like 4

So I don't really know what to write as a report :dunno: This was the first event I attended as a MFCer and not alone but with all the new friends I made here :hug: and a big thank you to all MFC staff for this opportunity :flowers2:

I won't write about what he said, but I really love the way he explains things; he has very good communication skills and sometimes I think he knows everything :lmfao: he was so worried about the hurricane though :tears:

It was really strange for me seeing him live and not through a screen and I'm so happy of that :fangurl:

I won't post my pics, they're horrible :doh::lmfao:

Hope to see you again soon @Gabry74 and others :group_hug:

Edited by Siri
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2017 at 3:29 AM, Lorlore said:

Some photos I took during the event. I hope you like them 🐞🍀

6176761648_IMG_0192.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0193.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0194.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0199.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0202.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0204.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0205.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0206.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0207.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0208.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0209.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0210.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0211.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0212.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0213.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0214.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0215.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0216.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0218.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0219.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0220.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0222.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0223.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0224.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0225.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0226.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0229.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0230.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0231.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0232.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0233.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0234.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0235.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0236.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0237.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0238.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0239.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0241.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0242.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0243.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0244.JPG

6176761648_IMG_0245.JPG

Sooo beautiful pics!! I was there and it was such a privilege and a pleasure to listen to him, so many touching and interesting things he's talked about! 😍