[The Voice] season-7, France - 2018

Kumazzz

On 4/29/2018 at 9:11 PM, Loo said:

Mika: "Two voices, two paths, two stories, two people. You know..... For us, it's complicated. We have our trends and now we find ourselves..... We're not in our comfort zone, we have surprises. With improbable things..... You get attached to people at the same time! We are here and we are paid to be here..... That's right..... We are singers. We get paid to be here. We say things that are hard, we dare, we are rude... we provoke. We get up and say: "Come on, young man, get your testicles out!" Go ahead, do something! We dare! We're provoking! "Even if I listen to some kind of music that's out of my league, when I dare and when I almost hurt someone and say'You go and if you don't go you're not going to be anything' and he goes...well, if I don't go, then I'm a jerk!".... I keep Casanova"!

His explanation was a little confusing but there was a lot of emotion, that's why he got a hug from Zazie to comfort him!

I heard Nikos telling Mika off for swearing but I think perhaps, to give Mika the benefit of the doubt, he was translating the English expression"have the balls" to do something; So young man, have the balls to be yourself. A common (but sexist) expression for having courage. You can also say 'Oh, grow some' and the balls (testicles) is understood. You can also describe a man, or woman, as ballsy meaning sassy or courageous. But be careful as 'you are talking bollocks' or balls! means you are talking rubbish. Sometimes Mika translates expressions word for word like le cœur sur la manche - wearing your heart on your sleeve e;g; showing your emotions and the French coaches do not understand him.

I will try and find the clip again to check what he said as I may be wrong, perhaps he did say get your balls out, not sure now!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Fan1955 said:

I heard Nikos telling Mika off for swearing but I think perhaps, to give Mika the benefit of the doubt, he was translating the English expression"have the balls" to do something; So young man, have the balls to be yourself. A common (but sexist) expression for having courage. You can also say 'Oh, grow some' and the balls (testicles) is understood. You can also describe a man, or woman, as ballsy meaning sassy or courageous. But be careful as 'you are talking bollocks' or balls! means you are talking rubbish. Sometimes Mika translates expressions word for word like le cœur sur la manche - wearing your heart on your sleeve e;g; showing your emotions and the French coaches do not understand him.

You

I will try and find the clip again to check what he said as I may be wrong, perhaps he did say get your balls out, not sure now!

You are right it's the right translation... That's why Nikos said : "it's in French.".. because it was not really appropriate for Tf 1! 

• Thanks 1

They said that there are tensions between Zazie and Pascal, that she can't afford him, he profits from the voice to promote his new album, she doesn't like the fact that he performed a new song during the demi-final, and thinks that he's favorised by the production because she didn't had the same interest when she had a new album in 2015. So according to the article if pascal is gonna stay for another season she is gonna leave.

And about Florent, they said that he barely talks, without any interesting participation, he's getting bored and for sure this should be his last year.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

@Amy hudsone  Thanks a lot for explanation. :flowers2:

I think the article about Zazie and Pascal is just only rumor....

You're welcome 

Yes I think so,

They made a song together in 2009, called "the best enemies"

But according to what we see on the voice, the interaction and the harmony between Zazie and Mika is really bright and remarkable, which isn't the case for Florent and Pascal even if they know each other for years. Zazie and Mika share lot of times the same point of view, support and complete each other.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

But according to what we see on the voice, the interaction and the harmony between Zazie and Mika is really bright and remarkable, which isn't the case for Florent and Pascal even if they know each other for years. Zazie and Mika share lot of times the same point of view, support and complete each other.

From the very first year it's been like that :

I think that Zazie and Mika are very similar characters and have the same vision of music

I remember an article where Zazie said the production organised a meeting before their first recording to introduce one to the other and that she felt a good conection from the very begining

53 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

@Amy hudsone  Thanks a lot for explanation. :flowers2:

I think the article about Zazie and Pascal is just only rumor....

"Voici" is the same paper that wrote on the first year he was in, that Mika and Florent were ennemies ,then writting same things about Mika and Jennifer ,then between Mika and Matt last year ,then Mika and Obispo this year

Basicaly always the same article ,just changing the names and the argument .....

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Well, our sub-titling team translate The Voice into other languages, but I don't know where you would see French sub-titles :dunno:

But I'm sure there are fans who can help you.

1 hour ago, Quentin4Blake said:

Sorry to be a bother and off topic, but does anyone know where I could watch the voice la suite with French subtitles? I can’t find it anywhere (if it’s out there) and never got to see it

@Quentin4Blake Welcome to the MFC.

Our MFCers @Boucarilla and @endless_eight working for The Voice with English subtitles,

the list is on the first post.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/33139-the-voice-season-7-france-2018/

But I don't know The Voice vids with French subtitles. :no:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kumazzz said:

@Quentin4Blake Welcome to the MFC.

Our MFCers @Boucarilla and @endless_eight working for The Voice with English subtitles,

the list is on the first post.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/33139-the-voice-season-7-france-2018/

But I don't know The Voice vids with French subtitles. :no:

No, we didn't make The Voice la suite...

• Like 1

On 5/9/2018 at 11:21 PM, Fan1955 said:

He did say it . I was there and laughing so hard also because just before he had said the f word  (as it was hard for him to have to chose) then he had said very seriously I musn't swear and then he said "couilles" which in French is rude (but he was translating litterally just as you supposed above) but the meaning was "be courageous" obviously. But the way he said it was totally hilarious, unexpected and totally unappropriate  :floor: but he absolutely didn't mean to be rude. 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

For Mika fans who are not French Voici is a gossip mag and they make up stories to sell more...they also use paparazi pics...

Looking at Mika's IG story ....it seems that Zazie and Pascal were sitting together at the restaurant ......:mfr_lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, carafon said:

Looking at Mika's IG story ....it seems that Zazie and Pascal were sitting together at the restaurant ......:mfr_lol:

Yes they are !:cheers:

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Quentin4Blake said:

Sorry to be a bother and off topic, but does anyone know where I could watch the voice la suite with French subtitles? I can’t find it anywhere (if it’s out there) and never got to see it

You are not "a bother and off topic" at all.

Welcome @ MFC ! :flowers2:

There's a reply to your question & it's very easy.

Do you have Youtube channel ? - If not, create one, it's quite simple.

Upload "The Voice La Suite" on your Youtube channel.

In a few hours Youtube will create by itself FRENCH SUBTITLES.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Xenia said:

Upload "The Voice La Suite" on your Youtube channel

I guess it's impossible, probably YouTube will blocked TF-1 videos ( 10min. longer files ) especially in France. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

I guess it's impossible, probably YouTube will blocked TF-1 videos ( 10min. longer files ) especially in France. 

Eriko, you are right - maybe it will be blocked in some contries or even worldwide.

But.. you can always mark your video as "Private" and.. it will be available only for you !

• Thanks 3

MIKA & CASANOVA - 2d CHANCE - English subtitles

It seems only to me or.. -  Mika always goes in Final with a Talent "saved" from other Team ?

Edited by Xenia
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Xenia said:

It seems only to me or.. -  Mika always go in Final with a Talent "saved" from other Team ?

he went in final 3 times with talents saved from other team: 2 times from Zazie and 1 from florent

and 2 times with talents he managed to get from the blind auditions

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Xenia said:

It seems only to me or.. -  Mika always goes in Final with a Talent "saved" from other Team ?

3 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

he went in final 3 times with talents saved from other team: 2 times from Zazie and 1 from florent

and 2 times with talents he managed to get from the blind auditions

hmmm so he takes someone who got rejected and then works his music magic on them & fixes them up, then they can make it to the end? This just proves he's the best at coaching! :mf_rosetinted:

• Like 5