Intimate gig in Paris, France - h.20.00 - 12 September 2017 - LIVE on Peugeot Facebook Page!

silver

5 hours ago, Fan1955 said:

Great concert (apart from the sideways picture, had my laptop sideways to watch lol). I understood most of Mika's chat with the audience in French, great to see him so relaxed and chatty. Just a question for French speakers, what was he saying about Hurricane Irma in his introduction to Underwater? I know he has family and friends in Florida.  Thanks

I second this. Can anyone provide a rough translation, or even just the gist of what he said? I've been inordinately worried about his art house and would love any update. I understand that he's talking about his house but my french is too poor to get much farther.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ladyolivier said:

I second this. Can anyone provide a rough translation, or even just the gist of what he said? I've been inordinately worried about his art house and would love any update. I understand that he's talking about his house but my french is too poor to get much farther.

He said his house is OK but his studio is not. But his losts and worries are nothing compared to what people living in those areas had/have to suffer because of Irma

• Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, cathouzouf said:

He said his house is OK but his studio is not. But his losts and worries are nothing compared to what people living in those areas had/have to suffer because of Irma

Pity about the studio but at least studio equipment is fairly replaceable. Expensive, perhaps, but easy to get. Good that the house with all the hand painted walls etc that couldn't be replaced is okay. He's very right - the devastation is amazing. But Floridians are awesome, and hardcore. We live with alligators in our shopping mall parking lots! The beach people will all be out in force to put it all back together even better than before. As long as the flag of Publix flies over our state we'll be out moving trees and helping each other rebuild.

(For anyone who lives in a place where Publix isn't a thing: Publix is a grocery store we have in the southeast US that's based out of Florida and there's one on every corner. They're really nice stores and they're kind of a local institution, everyone loves them to the point of them being a cultural cornerstone here. People make Publix memes, even.)

On a lighter note, I've rotated the Facebook video! If anyone wants to watch it without tilting your heads or your screens, here you go!

(The quality is not fantastic, but sadly it wasn't in great quality on FB. Thankfully audio doesn't rely on video quality!)

https://mega.nz/#!F2oxBILa!e_pfw5YRYArgnzZiwL30nENWxcSfA6x6G74_zYzSklA

Edited by ladyolivier
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ladyolivier said:

Pity about the studio but at least studio equipment is fairly replaceable. Expensive, perhaps, but easy to get. Good that the house with all the hand painted walls etc that couldn't be replaced is okay. He's very right - the devastation is amazing. But Floridians are awesome, and hardcore. We live with alligators in our shopping mall parking lots! The beach people will all be out in force to put it all back together even better than before. As long as the flag of Publix flies over our state we'll be out moving trees and helping each other rebuild.

(For anyone who lives in a place where Publix isn't a thing: Publix is a grocery store we have in the southeast US that's based out of Florida and there's one on every corner. They're really nice stores and they're kind of a local institution, everyone loves them to the point of them being a cultural cornerstone here. People make Publix memes, even.)

On a lighter note, I've rotated the Facebook video! If anyone wants to watch it without tilting your heads or your screens, here you go!

(The quality is not fantastic, but sadly it wasn't in great quality on FB. Thankfully audio doesn't rely on video quality!)

https://mega.nz/#!F2oxBILa!e_pfw5YRYArgnzZiwL30nENWxcSfA6x6G74_zYzSklA

I lived in Tampa for a year, have so many friends who still live in there. Glad the storm went over the city in a very gentle way. Haha when you mentioned Publix it brings back so many memories!

Thanks a million for rotating the video! :flowers2:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dreamy_Queen said:

Girls, what  was talking about during UW?

I asked that too as I did not understand it all. He was talking about his house and studio in Florida. The house is ok but the studio has been destroyed. He said he is not as badly off as many other people there. Thanks to Cathouzouf for her post above answering my question. xx

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fan1955 said:

I asked that too as I did not understand it all. He was talking about his house and studio in Florida. The house is ok but the studio has been destroyed. He said he is not as badly off as many other people there. Thanks to Cathouzouf for her post above answering my question. xx

Ah, blind me... :doh:

I saw the post about his house, but didn't get it was during UW. 

He was talkative indeed yesterday, isn't he? :naughty:

Ah, the thing that surprised me most of all, it was PUOTF! His performance of this song in 2009 (striped jacked) stole my brittle heart, so I'm glad he's back to it. Now it's time for Ring Ring at some gig :yes: (Mika, think about it) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dreamy_Queen said:

Ah, blind me... :doh:

I saw the post about his house, but didn't get it was during UW. 

He was talkative indeed yesterday, isn't he? :naughty:

Ah, the thing that surprised me most of all, it was PUOTF! His performance of this song in 2009 (striped jacked) stole my brittle heart, so I'm glad he's back to it. Now it's time for Ring Ring at some gig :yes: (Mika, think about it) 

Same here :thumb_yello:

On 2017/9/13 at 8:25 PM, mari62 said:

and same on YT 

Her blog

https://www.charlotteauvolant.net/interview-de-mika-showcase-peugeot/

Interview de Mika au showcase Peugeot

Par Anne-Charlotte Laugier

Avant d’attaquer une nouvelle saison à The Voice, Mika est passé par le Showcase de Peugeot. L’occasion de lui poser quelques questions en lien avec l’automobile avant qu’il ne chante ses tubes, en live, sur scène.

Une beauté, une répartie, une humilité, un talent et un professionnalisme sans faille. C’est ce que je retiens du grand artiste Mika que j’ai eu le bonheur d’interviewer. Du haut de ses 1,91 mètre, il a planté son regard pétillant dans les miens. Doux et enjoué comme un enfant, l’égérie de la pub pour la Peugeot 108 n’a pas démérité : il devait tirer au hasard mes questions écrites à la main (d’où sa difficulté à lire parfois) et y répondre, bien sûr, spontanément.

Dehors, contre les vitres du showcase, les fans de Mika ne loupaient pas une miette de tous les faits et gestes de Mika.

Le chanteur pop britannico-libanais de 34 ans attire les foules. Et il sait les maintenir en haleine avec sa gestuelle et ses mimiques hors paires.

Mika s’est livré à l’exercice de l’interview automobile mystère avec une grande aisance. Il nous apprend plein de choses, notamment qu’il adore conduire car il se sent libre au volant. « C’est un des rares moments où je ne suis pas sollicité« , décrit-il.

L’artiste a chanté de nombreux tubes en live, à commencer par son premier single « Relax take it easy » ou « Grace Kelly » qui l’a propulsé. J’ai le concert en vidéo, mais je n’ai, hélas, pas le droit de vous le dévoiler… Pour cela, vous pouvez vous rendre sur la page Facebook de Peugeot France.

Google translator :uk:

Spoiler

Before attacking a new season at The Voice, Mika went through the Peugeot Showcase. The opportunity to ask him some questions in connection with the automobile before he sang his hits, live, on stage.

A beauty, a distribution, a humility, a talent and a professionalism without fault. This is what I remember from the great artist Mika that I had the happiness to interview. From the top of his 1.91 meter, he planted his sparkling gaze in mine. Gentle and cheerful as a child, the advertising muse for the Peugeot 108 was not unworthy: he had to randomly draw my handwritten questions (hence his difficulty reading) and answer them, of course , spontaneously.

Outside, against the windows of the showcase, fans of Mika did not miss a crumb of all the actions of Mika.

The 34-year-old British-Lebanese pop singer attracts crowds. And he knows how to keep them in breath with his gestures and his mimics out of pairs.

Mika has engaged in the exercise of the mystery car interview with great ease. It teaches us a lot of things, especially as he loves to drive because he feels free driving. "This is one of the few times I'm not asked," he says.

The artist sang a lot of live hits, starting with his first single "Relax Take It Easy" or "Grace Kelly" which propelled him. I have the concert on video, but unfortunately I do not have the right to reveal it ... To do this, you can go to the Facebook page of Peugeot France.

Mika-2-768x1024.thumb.jpg.f6f94e1dc13861253163bfcadee6ddb4.jpg

Mika-5-600x800.thumb.jpg.ee974fad3fa6f389080ad6fefd863f8e.jpg

20170913_162934-600x800.thumb.jpg.31e70b67c142353fc09615e1a1cb140b.jpg

Fan-mika.thumb.jpg.88f2279e598cd01614415a87d9eda090.jpg

• Like 2

Dailymotion

The Voice 7: Pascal Obispo new coach, Mika reacts (excluded video)

C’est LA nouvelle people de cette semaine ! Pascal Obispo devient coach pour la nouvelle et septième saison de "The Voice" sur TF1. En exclusivité au micro de Non Stop People, Mika a réagi à l’arrivée de Pascal Obispo dans le télé-crochet. Plus d’informations sur Non Stop People.

Mardi 12 septembre, Mika donnait un concert privé pour la marque Peugeot dont il est ambassadeur. Le chanteur et coach de "The Voice" a accepté de répondre aux questions de Non Stop People. Interrogé sur la nouvelle et septième saison de "The Voice", qui fait beaucoup parler ces derniers jours notamment en raison de l’arrivée de Pascal Obispo, Mika nous confie : "Moi, pour ‘The Voice’, je le fais avec une règle. Quand je le fais, je ne dois pas changer. Et le moment où je sens qu’il y a une tension qui va me diriger dans une sorte de caricature de moi-même, c’est là où je vais me déconnecter tout de suite".

"Pascal Obispo, c’est un personnage" selon Mika

Heureusement pour le chanteur, ce n’est pas le cas actuellement. "Je n’ai pas ce sentiment. J’ai pu rester complètement moi-même. C’est une émission, et je sais que cette année, ils ont vraiment une sorte d’exigence, ils veulent vraiment se remettre plus sur la musique, et ça nous manque un peu dans la télévision française. Il n’y a pas trop d’émissions de musique. Et je sais que c’est un concours aussi, mais il y a de belles performances et on peut s’exprimer, on peut parler musique et si on regarde autour de nous, il n’y a pas trop d’émissions de musique", nous affirme-t-il encore.

Concernant l’arrivée de Pascal Obispo dans "The Voice 7", Mika déclare : "Je connais son travail et il écrit énormément de choses. On s’est croisé deux fois, je ne le connais pas vraiment et j’ai entendu que c’est un personnage. On verra, on va se connaître sur le plateau de ‘The Voice’ et ce qui arrive arrivera". Espérons que la bonne ambiance soit au rendez-vous sur le plateau de "The Voice 7" !

Google translator :uk:

Spoiler

This is THE new people this week! Pascal Obispo becomes coach for the new and seventh season of "The Voice" on TF1.

Exclusively on the microphone of Non Stop People, Mika reacted to the arrival of Pascal Obispo in the telehook. More information on Non Stop People.

On Tuesday, September 12, Mika gave a private concert for the Peugeot brand of which he is ambassador. The singer and coach of "The Voice" has agreed to answer questions from Non Stop People. Asked about the new and seventh season of "The Voice", which has been much talked about in recent days due to the arrival of Pascal Obispo, Mika tells us: "I, for 'The Voice', do it with a rule When I do, I do not have to change, and the moment I feel that there is a tension that will lead me into a sort of caricature of myself, that's where I'm going to disconnect everything from after".

"Pascal Obispo is a character" according to Mika

Fortunately for the singer, this is not currently the case. "I do not have that feeling, I was able to stay completely myself, it's a show, and I know that this year they really have a kind of requirement, they really want to get over the music again and we do not have a lot of music shows, and I know it's a competition too, but there are great performances and we can express ourselves, we can talk about music and if we look around us, there are not too many music shows, "he said.

Regarding the arrival of Pascal Obispo in "The Voice 7", Mika says: "I know his work and he writes a lot of things. We met twice, I do not really know him and I heard that 'We're going to get to know each other on the set of' The Voice 'and what's going to happen. " Let's hope that the good atmosphere is on the set of "The Voice 7"!

• Like 3