It's My House, Lyrics & Discussion

dcdeb

8 hours ago, John Alan said:

love the song so much, must have played it thousand times already lol

can't help but notice the intro sounds exactly like magical mystery tour by the Beatles

Same!!! I'm already addicted! :teehee:

It's so catchy and full of joy. :D I really like it a lot! :)

It really does. :biggrin2:

• Like 1

First I was thinking that it's like with the other lead singles since TBWKTM, not my cup of tea, but I have been listening to it several times this morning and I like it more ad more. Anyway, I am not worried because I have always loved at least the half of the songs on the albums. I am not sure they are really trying to promote it correctly outside Italy though.

These are the iTunes charts from this morning:

It's My House

iTunes:
#6 Italy (+25)
#32 France (+118)
#57 Belgium (+113)
#172 Germany (NE)
#178 Austria  (+ 8)

• Like 4

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:25 AM, Elenita said:

where can we hear the single??

you can download it off amazon, or listen to it on I tunes and I think possibly Spotify, but I just bought it and downloaded it from amazon. it's easier and youhave it whenever and wherever you want. :thumb_yello:

love, love. MIKA.png

• Like 1

I wanted to hear it before downloading it, but I can't find it without downloading aps and things. Is there someway I can just listen? Btw what's this thing about 3rd party hosting? I don't want to put more on my profile. I always worry about privacy issues.

6 hours ago, We-Are-Golden said:

Just saw it's on #67 of the most popular downloads here in the Netherlands atm 

https://www.apple.com/nl/itunes/charts/songs/

Damn how's that even possible?? :shocked: How do the Dutch know it exists? :blink: Or are there more fans than I knew of? (it's almost off the charts now though, #197)

22 hours ago, John Alan said:

can't help but notice the intro sounds exactly like magical mystery tour by the Beatles

I noticed the Magical Mystery Tour intro too.  And the rest of the song reminds me of the Happy Mondays, and Groove Is In the Heart.

1 hour ago, Maaikie... said:

Damn how's that even possible?? :shocked: How do the Dutch know it exists? :blink: Or are there more fans than I knew of? (it's almost off the charts now though, #197)

I know right!? :shocked: I was so surprised to see it as well!

Ah well, at least he was in the top 100 for a day, wich is higher then I expected :naughty: 

6 hours ago, Marilyn Mastin said:

I wanted to hear it before downloading it, but I can't find it without downloading aps and things. Is there someway I can just listen? Btw what's this thing about 3rd party hosting? I don't want to put more on my profile. I always worry about privacy issues.

Mari, the 3rd party hosting is something Photobucket have come up with to make money - you can store photos on their site, but if you then want to display the pic on another site (3rd party), they want you to pay them for the privilege.  However, as on MFC we can now link to photos on our own computers, all you have to do is go into your signature, delete the link to the photo, and then upload that pic directly from your computer (click on choose files below).

Or you can pay Photobucket money and upgrade your storage plan.

As for hearing the song - it only costs 99p from Amazon to download the MP3 file anyway.  I don't know how you can listen to it without an app. (Unless by some miracle they play it on the radio :lmfao: )

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marilyn Mastin said:

You can click the link to Spotify, use your facebook to log in, or create an account and you can listen to it on your browser :) There is a possibility you can listen to it here on mfc by clicking on the play  button!

On ‎21‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 4:39 PM, Marilyn Mastin said:

Marilyn, I can´t understand why you can´t download it without listening to it first, you tell us all the time how much you love him and now there is a new song......so why?

Edited by Sabine64
  • Like 2

The only reason I wanted to hear it first, is that, though I love Mika, I don't like all his songs. I can't stand Celebrate, for example. I adore No Place In Heaven', Hurts, Heroes, I See You, and many others, but in recent years, his best songs have not been singles. I was intending to download the song anyway, once I'd heard it, but I'm just used to being able to hear a song first. I tried to open account on Spotify and Deezer, but could not get the aps to accept my information, and I was eager to hear the song.

Someone on Twitter told me that I can get it on Amazon, and since Alan has an account there, that's what I've done.

• Like 2

On 21/10/2017 at 12:12 AM, John Alan said:

Same for me! And I'm loving it more and more ...

Do anybody notice an "80s intro sound"?

3 hours ago, melaviola said:

Same for me! And I'm loving it more and more ...

Do anybody notice an "80s intro sound"?

I don't know why  :shocked:  ,but ,the early few seconds make me thinking of "God save the queen" :fisch:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, lorenzopozzi.45 said:

It's My House dropped out from France's chart !!! Only four days after it was released, Mika should do more promotion

Promotion in France and everywhere but as @Menthe said not sure they are really trying to promote it  outside Italy. :dunno:

I just wanted to explain myself more, I don't want ppl to think I'm a bad fan. It's simply that the technology is beyond me. What I've done before, was to buy the album, I've never just bought a single, apart from the physical release of WAG, for the gold disk.

So, to buy IMH, I had to get the Amazon app. After a lot of faffing around, Alan managed to download it. Then I nearly had a heart-attack, as a load of Mika stuff appeared. I couldn't understand why! I thought we were going to be charged for about 80 songs, so I panicked for a moment. Then I realized that we had bought the songs, as the CDs, and the downloads were included. Panic over.

So you see, this is why I'd sooner just listen to the single, and then buy the album. I'm not the right generation, being 63 years old. It's hard for me to adapt.

But anyway. I do love the song. It's unusual. I'm thrilled also, that he's selling albums again in the UK

• Like 2

On 24/10/2017 at 3:44 PM, Mikasister said:

Promotion in France and everywhere but as @Menthe said not sure they are really trying to promote it  outside Italy. :dunno:

I'm sorry because It's My House deserves even outside the walls of CasaMika.

I can't be the only one who has a bit of a laugh every time the lyrics 'And the bed might not be long enough'  plays :naughty:

I keep imagining Mika's feet sticking out of the bed. 

So I drew it! :teehee: I know we have a fan art thread somewhere, but I still need to find my way on the new MFC, and I thought, not a lot might see it there :cheerful_h4h:

Mika it's my house.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 6