Mika's collaboration with Pilot!

NaoMika

This looks like a collaboration for my taste because I write a lot and use a huge amount of pens  :thumb_yello: Trying to follow this thread to find out where to buy these as soon as they are available. 

But I think this is a business deal and has nothing to do with charity? Because I saw some tweets earlier and found them confusing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tiibet said:

This looks like a collaboration for my taste because I write a lot and use a huge amount of pens  :thumb_yello: Trying to follow this thread to find out where to buy these as soon as they are available. 

But I think this is a business deal and has nothing to do with charity? Because I saw some tweets earlier and found them confusing. 

I think it has nothing to do with charity, there is just this petition "Pilot Pens For UNHCR", some fans want Pilot to give some money from the pens to charity, but it isn't anything official yet...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tiibet said:

I also think it´s a business thing and it won´t make it easier for him to find sponsors for his projects when they have to fear to be bothered.........

• Like 8

2 hours ago, krysady said:

I think the same. 

So do I

I'm sure the action went with good intention, but I  think he better knows than any of us  what he has to do 

He really showed how involved he is with the UNHCR ,so no doubt he would do something if possible

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sabine64 said:

I also think it´s a business thing and it won´t make it easier for him to find sponsors for his projects when they have to fear to be bothered.........

This was my thought. I can't know anyone's reactions in this particular case but if I was the one doing business with him I wouldn't be pleased. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, carafon said:

So do I

I'm sure the action went with good intention, but I  think he better knows than any of us  what he has to do 

He really showed how involved he is with the UNHCR ,so no doubt he would do something if possible

Yes, I'm not sure if it's appropriate from our part to get involved in a business collaboration between a private company and Mika, they know better the terms and conditions. If we want to do something for charity, we can make again a donation from his official fanclub for his next b-day, not asking to others for that :thumb_yello:

• Like 9

Hey no offense but why such bitter reactions about the UNHCR petition all of the sudden?? We're not forcing anyone, we just thought we'd give it a try. I've already explained why earlier in the thread, if you could just read that i'm sure things will be clearer to you. No one has ever said "we want Mika and Pilot to donate money to UNHCR", we simply said we thought it would be a nice idea to see if it would be possible for Pilot to do that, given the fact that 24 pens of 3 euros each are gonna bring quite a lot of money, and the link with pens and education (UNHCR projects for children in refugee camps) can easily be made. It's just a unique action that we came up with, there's no need to go all serious and negative about it? We had good intentions so who are you to criticize that.

• Like 2

As said before I'm SURE it went from a good intention

Just not sure that twitter is the best way to ask  

It's only my opinion and in case you'll succeed I just will have to say "well done"

Edited by carafon

1 hour ago, Jaela said:

We're ASKING something. Not demanding it. That's it, I really don't see how you could turn this into something bad, but I guess I'm too young to understand that. 

I don't think anyone doubts your good intentions and I, for one, would love to see this initiative succeed. I don't even think there's anything wrong in politely asking Pilot if they would consider donating some of the profits. However, I think what some of us are concerned about is that in your previous post you said: "So far we haven't gotten a reaction from the company, despite tweeting a lot, but we will not give up, we hope for a reaction". This sounds like people are sending Pilot lots of tweets about this, which could annoy them and make them think twice about working with Mika in the future. When they made a deal with him, they were obviously hoping to make a profit (because that's how businesses operate), and they're not required to donate any of it if they don't want to. If they do, that's great, but being flooded with donation requests from his fans probably won't help the cause and might even hurt Mika's future business prospects.

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Lunari said:

I don't think anyone doubts your good intentions and I, for one, would love to see this initiative succeed. I don't even think there's anything wrong in politely asking Pilot if they would consider donating some of the profits. However, I think what some of us are concerned about is that in your previous post you said: "So far we haven't gotten a reaction from the company, despite tweeting a lot, but we will not give up, we hope for a reaction". This sounds like people are sending Pilot lots of tweets about this, which could annoy them and make them think twice about working with Mika in the future. When they made a deal with him, they were obviously hoping to make a profit (because that's how businesses operate), and they're not required to donate any of it if they don't want to. If they do, that's great, but being flooded with donation requests from his fans probably won't help the cause and might even hurt Mika's future business prospects.

you totally hit the nail on the head.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lunari said:

Thank you for taking time to explain your point of view! What i meant by that sentence is that we will continue to gather signatures for the petition. I don't think we're spamming them at all, personally I have sent them a tweet twice, but without reaction, so I gave up on doing that. As for your concerns about our influence on Mika's projects, I think that you vastly overrate our impact. It's not like we're Mika's representatives? It would have been different if this was something issued by MFC I guess, but this is nothing official, so I don't see how it could possibly harm Mika. I also don't think Pilot is too bothered by us tweeting them anyway, they don't seem very active on social media and I'm sure they have more important things to care about than a couple tweets in their mentions. So no worries!

1 hour ago, carafon said:

As said before I'm SURE it went from a good intention

Just not sure that twitter is the best way to ask  

It's only my opinion and in case you'll succeed I just will have to say "well done"

I personally think Twitter is a great way to communicate with businesses and gather support for a cause, but that might be a bit of a generation gap there 😉

28 minutes ago, Lunari said:

This is well explained! I didn't mean my original comment to sound bitter at all. It's just better be careful. Companies can react well to ideas like this but they can also think it's extra pressure or even negative publicity to them , their charity work needs to be carefully considered and included in their business plan. And Mika is already doing a lot of good as we all know :wub2: The intention is good, I don't doubt that at all. 

Edited by tiibet
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jaela said:

Thank you for taking time to explain your point of view! What i meant by that sentence is that we will continue to gather signatures for the petition. I don't think we're spamming them at all, personally I have sent them a tweet twice, but without reaction, so I gave up on doing that. As for your concerns about our influence on Mika's projects, I think that you vastly overrate our impact. It's not like we're Mika's representatives? It would have been different if this was something issued by MFC I guess, but this is nothing official, so I don't see how it could possibly harm Mika. I also don't think Pilot is too bothered by us tweeting them anyway, they don't seem very active on social media and I'm sure they have more important things to care about than a couple tweets in their mentions. So no worries!

If it's just a couple of tweets, then I agree that Pilot probably won't be that bothered. :wink2: Like I said, I think asking politely is fine, as long as you keep in mind that they may have different plans or perhaps already support a different charity and aren't willing to add another one at the moment. Good luck! :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

From a practical point of view the packs of pens are probably already in production, the ad campaign planned etc. The packaging would have to be altered to state that a percentage of the proceeds are going to UNHCR. I do support a polite request and have signed/shared the petition on facebook (I manage to cope with social media despite my advanced years lol!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaela said:

I personally think Twitter is a great way to communicate with businesses and gather support for a cause, but that might be a bit of a generation gap there 😉

but we use Twitter for many years and also are able to find accounts and can see where we are mocked. For this we are not too old :wink2:

Edited by Sabine64
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3