Hi!

ObviouslyRachel

Hello! Although I only joined MFC today, I’ve been a MIKA fan since 2007 (LICM was my childhood) and I’ve been lurking reading some forum posts for quite some time.

A bit about me:

- I’m a Literature student from England, currently studying my A-Levels (MIKA playlists get me through!)

- I’m in the process of planning my 18th birthday party which will be, you guessed it, heavily MIKA themed 😂

- I’m partially sighted (I can see a bit, but not very well. It’s hard to describe, but think like Vincent Vinel on The Voice France)

- I legitimately can’t pick a favourite MIKA song! It changes all the time. At the moment I’d probably say I listen to Step With Me or One Foot Boy the most, but I don’t have an overall favourite.

I’m so excited to get involved in the MIKA chat! I have to admit, I probably won’t post very much as I have so much revision to be doing this year, but I really do love reading these forums and seeing how heartfelt and genuine MIKA’s fans are. Seriously, there is such a family feel here, I love it ❤️

Edited by ObviouslyRachel
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, silver said:

Hi and welcome to the MFC :bye:

Glad you've joined, but what took you so long?  :naughty:

What are you studying at A-level?

Haha, good question! I suppose I’m more of a reader rather than a contributor - I didn’t think I had much to add! 😂

I’m studying English Literature, History and Business, with European Languages (so basically a big combination of French, Spanish, Italian etc.) in my spare time. 

Just now, Dominika said:

Hello Rachel! Nice to meet you, I'm Dominika from Poland :wink2: Welcome on board and have a lot of fun here :cheer:Do you remember what intrigued you that you started to like Mika?

Hi! Thank you! 

So, my dad was a radio presenter, and he basically brought home a load of CDs for free when I was 7 years old. I gravitated towards LICM (probably because of the bright colours!) and listened to it RELIGIOUSLY at home, in the car, in the bath (EVERYWHERE.) 😂

My parents are fans too, though not to the extent that I am, so MIKA’s music has always been quite welcomed in my household. I found his new albums gradually as I got older, then, as part of my study of languages, ended up watching French and Italian TV shows this last year. Obviously, I was drawn to The Voice France and Casa Mika! Who knew Mika could help with my studies?! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ObviouslyRachel said:

Hi! Thank you! 

So, my dad was a radio presenter, and he basically brought home a load of CDs for free when I was 7 years old. I gravitated towards LICM (probably because of the bright colours!) and listened to it RELIGIOUSLY at home, in the car, in the bath (EVERYWHERE.) 😂

My parents are fans too, though not to the extent that I am, so MIKA’s music has always been quite welcomed in my household. I found his new albums gradually as I got older, then, as part of my study of languages, ended up watching French and Italian TV shows this last year. Obviously, I was drawn to The Voice France and Casa Mika! Who knew Mika could help with my studies?! 

Thanks for sharing :wink2: It's always nice to hear somebody's story :wub2:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ObviouslyRachel said:

Hey Rachel, welcome to the MFC! I'm Sara, nice to meet you :bye: 

Such a nice story! It's so good when members of your family share the same passion with you :wub2:

Hope you're gonna have lots of fun here! Have you already watched the first two episodes of Casa Mika 2017? :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sara09 said:

Hey Rachel, welcome to the MFC! I'm Sara, nice to meet you :bye: 

Such a nice story! It's so good when members of your family share the same passion with you :wub2:

Hope you're gonna have lots of fun here! Have you already watched the first two episodes of Casa Mika 2017? :)

Hi Sara! Thank you! 

I have watched them - I think Luciana is ADORABLE and his performance of Pick Up Off The Floor was incredible! So excited for the next episode! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ObviouslyRachel said:

Hi Sara! Thank you! 

I have watched them - I think Luciana is ADORABLE and his performance of Pick Up Off The Floor was incredible! So excited for the next episode! 

Indeed, amazing! It was one of my favorite Casa Mika scenes ever! Can't wait to see what's waiting for us on the next episode :wub2: