Kumazzz

2018 'The Art of Song' on BBC Radio 2 on New Year's Day

Recommended Posts

BBC Radio 2

1st  January 2018

Spoiler

 

New Year's Day

 

MP3 DOWNLOAD link (password MFChttp://firestorage.com/download/

 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09jrpj8

  1. Teardrops by Womack & Womack
  2. A Night To Remember by Shalamar
  3. Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars
  4. Wonderwall by Oasis
  5. Try by Macy Gray
  6. Piano Man (Radio 2 Session, 1st Jan 2016) by Mika
  7. By the Time I Get to Phoenix by Glen Campbell
  8. Free Fallin' by Tom Petty
  9. Finally by CeCe Peniston
  10. Carla Bruni chatting
  11. Enjoy The Silence by Carla Bruni
  12. Alright by Supergrass
  13. Sing It Back by Moloko
  14. People Hold On (feat. Lisa Stansfield) by Coldcut
  15. Virtual Insanity by Jamiroquai
  16. It's Not Right But It's Okay by Whitney Houston
  17. Can't Get You Out Of My Head by Kylie Minogue
  18. Wages Day (Radio 2 Piano Room, 26 September 2017) by Ricky Ross
  19. The Universal by Blur
  20. Wake Up Boo! by The Boo Radleys
  21. Wake Up Everybody by Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes
  22. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
  23. Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry
  24. Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae

 

 

 

 

Edited by Kumazzz
updating
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mika, the BRIT Award winning and multi-platinum selling artist plays some of his favourite tracks from the most iconic songwriters of all time and shares his own stories of creating well-loved songs. Plus he chats to some of the artists of today about the musicians and writers they most admire. There's also the chance to hear live performances from Mika in the Radio 2 Piano Room as well as other legendary artists from the Radio 2 archive.

 

p04flxgn.jpg.a907e39a000510a05126be796ee8c849.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Awesome :wub2::wub2::wub2: 

 

Can't wait, Anne! :hug:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017/12/11 at 8:09 AM, Kumazzz said:

Mika, the BRIT Award winning and multi-platinum selling artist plays some of his favourite tracks from the most iconic songwriters of all time and shares his own stories of creating well-loved songs. Plus he chats to some of the artists of today about the musicians and writers they most admire. There's also the chance to hear live performances from Mika in the Radio 2 Piano Room as well as other legendary artists from the Radio 2 archive.

 

:Update:   :thumb_yello:

 

Mika: The Art of Song

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09jrpj8

 

Mika, the BRIT Award winning and multi-platinum selling artist plays some of his favourite tracks from the most iconic songwriters of all time and shares his own stories of his relationship with well-loved songs.

Plus he chats to singer-songwriter and actress Carla Bruni about how she spends her New Year's Day and the music she loves to listen to.

Carla even shares stories of the music she would listen to at the Elysee Palace when she was First Lady of the French Republic.

Jack and Luke from Clean Bandit also tell Mika about the song that they couldn't stop listening to when they were growing up and what makes it so special.

There's also the chance to hear a classic live performance from Mika in the Radio 2 Piano Room and a very special performance of Wages Day from Ricky Ross taken from the Radio 2 archive.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Year's Day

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09jrpj8

  1. Teardrops by Womack & Womack
  2. A Night To Remember by Shalamar
  3. Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars
  4. Wonderwall by Oasis
  5. Try by Macy Gray
  6. Piano Man (Radio 2 Session, 1st Jan 2016) by Mika
  7. By the Time I Get to Phoenix by Glen Campbell
  8. Free Fallin' by Tom Petty
  9. Finally by CeCe Peniston
  10. Carla Bruni chatting
  11. Enjoy The Silence by Carla Bruni
  12. Alright by Supergrass
  13. Sing It Back by Moloko
  14. People Hold On (feat. Lisa Stansfield) by Coldcut
  15. Virtual Insanity by Jamiroquai
  16. It's Not Right But It's Okay by Whitney Houston
  17. Can't Get You Out Of My Head by Kylie Minogue
  18. Wages Day (Radio 2 Piano Room, 26 September 2017) by Ricky Ross
  19. The Universal by Blur
  20. Wake Up Boo! by The Boo Radleys
  21. Wake Up Everybody by Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes
  22. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
  23. Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry
  24. Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't it strange that I liked nearly every song on the Boxing Day playlist  - and hardly any of these?  :naughty:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018/1/1 at 11:10 PM, Kumazzz said:

New Year's Day

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09jrpj8

  1. Teardrops by Womack & Womack
  2. A Night To Remember by Shalamar
  3. Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars
  4. Wonderwall by Oasis
  5. Try by Macy Gray
  6. Piano Man (Radio 2 Session, 1st Jan 2016) by Mika
  7. By the Time I Get to Phoenix by Glen Campbell
  8. Free Fallin' by Tom Petty
  9. Finally by CeCe Peniston
  10. Carla Bruni chatting
  11. Enjoy The Silence by Carla Bruni
  12. Alright by Supergrass
  13. Sing It Back by Moloko
  14. People Hold On (feat. Lisa Stansfield) by Coldcut
  15. Virtual Insanity by Jamiroquai
  16. It's Not Right But It's Okay by Whitney Houston
  17. Can't Get You Out Of My Head by Kylie Minogue
  18. Wages Day (Radio 2 Piano Room, 26 September 2017) by Ricky Ross
  19. The Universal by Blur
  20. Wake Up Boo! by The Boo Radleys
  21. Wake Up Everybody by Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes
  22. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
  23. Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry
  24. Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae

 

New Year's Day

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09jrpj8  29 days left to listen :thumb_yello:

 

  • Mixcloud : EDITED audio file ( without news )
  •  

 

 

Edited by Kumazzz
updating
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you very much Eriko!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, silver said:

Isn't it strange that I liked nearly every song on the Boxing Day playlist  - and hardly any of these?  :naughty:

 

Yeah, not as many faves as in the last one, I agree. But I do like a bunch of these as well, and with Wake up Boo and Johnny B Goode it also contains 2 of my all time fave songs. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.