Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram updates - 2018

silver

Pepper the Robot Joins Eurostar Team in London St Pancras

25 Oct 2018
Meet Pepper the Robot

Eurostar, the high-speed passenger rail service that runs through the Channel Tunnel between England and France, has a new member of its St Pancras team in London. It’s a robot called Pepper. It is the first humanoid robot to be put to use in the rail industry in the United Kingdom. Its purpose is to offer travellers an engaging and entertaining way to obtain journey details prior to departure. Eurostar says it has aimed this service at families and children in particular.

SoftBank Robotics is the company that designed Pepper the robot. It can identify key human emotions and respond appropriately. It is also able to answer questions and will pose for selfies.

Pepper features an in-built tablet computer that allows passengers to access an interactive map of St Pancras station. It also contains information about what to expect on board a Eurostar train. Finally, Pepper can give useful information about the Eurostar direct destinations Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam.

Perrine Allain, Head of Digital at Eurostar, said:

“We are always looking for new ways to innovate and explore technologies that can help enhance the overall customer experience. Pepper offers a fun way for customers to find out more about their journey and destination, and we look forward to hearing the feedback from our customers so that we can continue to improve their experience.”

Eurostar’s Digital Technology Plans for the Future

Digital services are becoming increasingly important for passengers. As such, Pepper is just one of the technologies Eurostar is investing in. The company says it is launching ‘Alexa skill’ shortly. It will let passengers connect their Alexa device to their Eurostar account so they can track travel plans and get information about the lowest prices for trains departing to Paris.

775246468_TF_3714_5334435A01E238250A574B0B94CA8A3C.thumb.jpg.62f0f2dce4f77e0bca8551486579844e.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

"SoftBank Robotics is the company that designed Pepper the robot. It can identify key human emotions and respond appropriately. It is also able to answer questions and will pose for selfies."

Since the robot had no reaction when Mika talked to it, or there is a computer bug, or the manufacturers did not expect passengers over 1.90 m tall!  :biggrin2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, Loo said:

"SoftBank Robotics is the company that designed Pepper the robot. It can identify key human emotions and respond appropriately. It is also able to answer questions and will pose for selfies."

Since the robot had no reaction when Mika talked to it, or there is a computer bug, or the manufacturers did not expect passengers over 1.90 m tall!  :biggrin2:

I think that Pepper did not recognize Mika (not a fan or what?). Or he was so ashamed seeing Mika, that he lost his ability to talk :lol3: 

It happens to some fans when seeing Mika in real life :wub2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

28 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I think that Pepper did not recognize Mika (not a fan or what?). Or he was so ashamed seeing Mika, that he lost his ability to talk :lol3: 

😀 I thought about the same - the robot just being starstrucked, poor thing 🤣

Love,love

me

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:50 PM, krysady said:

Nooooooooooooo! :shocked:  That would be the end of the world!!! He doesn't have to cut his curls,noooooooo!!!! :hair: :banghead::crybaby:

:mf_rosetinted:

Now seriously, I also don't get all the fuss on Twitter and IG every time he gets a haircut, why some fans become so desperate? It is his own business and he knows better what he wants, the same as for each one of us :dunno: Curly or not, it's still Mika.

Exactly

Thank you for interpreting the " noooooooooooo " as it should have been   :dance_man:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, miknikel said:

Thank you for interpreting the " noooooooooooo " as it should have been   :dance_man:

I know you were joking, of course, probably you also have seen the multitude of messages he gets on that subject :teehee:  But everyone can relax now, curls are still there, safe and alive..... until the next haircut :naughty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Oh yes I know that, it happened to me several times in the beginning! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

9 hours ago, Boucarilla said:

Oh yes I know that, it happened to me several times in the beginning! 🤣🤣🤣

It happens the opposite to me. When I met him I just wanted to speak a lot, even he told me, "tu hablas mucho" ( you speak a lot) it seems that my nerves make me talk in front of him and that's how I relax. :blush-anim-cl: 

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Mikasister said:

It happens the opposite to me. When I met him I just wanted to speak a lot, even he told me, "tu hablas mucho" ( you speak a lot) it seems that my nerves make me talk in front of him and that's how I relax. :blush-anim-cl: 

Wonder how I would react... hopefully one day...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dominika said:

Yes, that's right but still you feel kinda respect, amazement and excitement.

I know. Be yourself. I know you are a respectful and calm girl, you wont jump over him. :wink2:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Excellent!! 😂😂 I can also make the stupid girl... 🤣🤣🤣After I say to myself :"have I told that to him?"...Damn it!!!! 😂😂

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Dominika said:

Yes, that's right but still you feel kinda respect, amazement and excitement.

And make little squeaks when you see him, or scream his name all the time, can we?  :biggrin2:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dominika said:

Yes we can ! :lmfao:

unnamed.gif.895b65734d365a2776e1fe3a0713977e.gif

ghjk.gif.c1776e648b368c6c78af5f2b43dc8a6e.gif

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

yes-we-can-rosie-the-riveter_a-G-8179202

tenor.gif?itemid=11274425

The correct answer was NO!
 You have the right to play again.

Because:

Edited by Loo