Recommended Posts

OMG Eurovision 2018 is with us already.

 

The BBC have already given previews of the songs from which the UK entry will be chosen

 

(but I haven't listened to them yet :teehee: )

 

Any other countries shortlisting their songs yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a while ago I was listening to the song which will probably represent our country (it's not chosen yet, there are 6 songs in the national round, this one was chosen by the jury but there was also a public online voting and the results haven't been published yet) and I don't know what to think about it, it's not really my cup of tea... However, at least it's quite catchy and not so boring. Anyway, I'm not a big fan of Eurovision to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

Just a while ago I was listening to the song which will probably represent our country (it's not chosen yet, there are 6 songs in the national round, this one was chosen by the jury but there was also a public online voting and the results haven't been published yet) and I don't know what to think about it, it's not really my cup of tea... However, at least it's quite catchy and not so boring. Anyway, I'm not a big fan of Eurovision to be honest.

 

I didn't watch Eurovision for years but started following it again a couple of years ago, and found that hidden in all the Eurotrash were some quite decent songs (which of course didn't win :naughty: ).

 

There's a small group of us here that post all the entries and try to pick the winner.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure wich song we'll be sending in (I haven't been up to date with that :teehee: ) But I do know we are sending Waylon, he was send in a few years ago for us as well, but then as a duo; the Common Linnets. We became 2nd that time, so I hope we end up high again now :aah:  Depends on the song I think. 

Edited by We-Are-Golden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@carafon

Hello ! Yes, I discovered this song this morning too. Do you like it ? What were the song you liked ? 

Edited by Maria :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Maria :) said:

@carafon

Hello ! Yes, I discovered this song this morning too. Do you like it ? What were the song you liked ? 

H !i I didn't watch the whole contest but I fell good that people voted for a song about such a diffucult subject

I liked Igit too but didn't didn't know any of the  other songs

To be honest I didn't expect that so I'm happy whatever the rank the song will raise at the international contest

Edited by carafon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, carafon said:

H! Je n'ai pas regardé le concours entier mais je suis tombé bien que les gens ont voté pour une chanson sur un sujet si difficile

J'ai aimé Igit aussi mais je ne connaissais aucune des autres chansons

Pour être honnête je ne m'attendais pas à ça donc je suis content quel que soit le classement de la chanson au concours international

Yes, it's important that the song is good. It's well if the France has a success but for me, it's not the most important. 

And i think is well the song is in French. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say I really liked the french song which competed last year (Alma - Requiem), it was my favorite but unfortunately it didn't do so well in the competition...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I have to say I really liked the french song which competed last year (Alma - Requiem), it was my favorite but unfortunately it didn't do so well in the competition...

 

I liked Alma too, but it was a shame that she sang this song partially in english. I really love her acoustic version with Amir  :wub2:
I read somewhere that polish contestants will be selected at the beginning of March :annoyed_h4h: But I do not expect anything special, anyway :lmfao:

 

 

Edited by Dominika
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spain will choose one out of these nine songs tonight! :spain:

 

 

Edited by LeiRe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now it's official, this is the czech song... Not really happy about the choice, I don't like it.

If someone is interested, this were the other options:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKplbIyrc-0&t=96s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8UDxJ5fp5A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2C9dTi7rso&t=71s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h7zDpE1nqk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j3rwwjhlQ8&t=82s

I don't think it's the worst song but my favorite was Debbi (the second one). However, none of them has really impressed me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

So now it's official, this is the czech song... Not really happy about the choice, I don't like it.

If someone is interested, this were the other options:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKplbIyrc-0&t=96s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8UDxJ5fp5A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2C9dTi7rso&t=71s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h7zDpE1nqk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j3rwwjhlQ8&t=82s

I don't think it's the worst song but my favorite was Debbi (the second one). However, none of them has really impressed me.

Not exactly the music I like ,but most of all I regret that it's in English

I think that it should be in the rules that the songs have to be in the country language 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, carafon said:

Not exactly the music I like ,but most of all I regret that it's in English

I think that it should be in the rules that the songs have to be in the country language 

 

Once we had a song in Czech and we were the last ones... :lmfao: It was a band which is really popular here and even though I'm not a fan of them, this song was quite good. So I'm not surprised that all the songs are in English. I'm not even surprised that this one was chosen in the national selection, I think people just didn't want another ballad sung by a woman like lately. But I'm not sure if this song has better chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, LeiRe said:

Spain will choose one out of these nine songs tonight! :spain:

 

 

I really like most of them (I love music in Spanish in general), maybe the most catchy one is El Remedio, I'd choose this, the ballads are also nice but it depends a lot on the live performance. Lo Malo and Camina sound the most generic to me. The rest is ok. What do you think, do you have a favorite song?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, carafon said:

Not exactly the music I like ,but most of all I regret that it's in English

I think that it should be in the rules that the songs have to be in the country language 

 

 

The song can be in the country's own language, or it can be in one of the "official" Eurovision languages (English and French, I think).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The UK chooses its entry on 7th February (and I still haven't had time to listen to them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

I really like most of them (I love music in Spanish in general), maybe the most catchy one is El Remedio, I'd choose this, the ballads are also nice but it depends a lot on the live performance. Lo Malo and Camina sound the most generic to me. The rest is ok. What do you think, do you have a favorite song?

 

El Remedio seems to be cashing in on the Despacito sound to me.  I liked Lo Malo.  The ballads were all a bit meh.

 

I like the French song :thumb_yello:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

So now it's official, this is the czech song... Not really happy about the choice, I don't like it.

 

I don't think it's the worst song but my favorite was Debbi (the second one). However, none of them has really impressed me.

 

It reminds me of something else, but i can't think what.  Maybe a poor man's Bruno Mars? :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, silver said:

 

It reminds me of something else, but i can't think what.  Maybe a poor man's Bruno Mars? :dunno:

I was thinking it reminds me of Strip That Down by Liam Payne a lot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, silver said:

 

El Remedio seems to be cashing in on the Despacito sound to me.  I liked Lo Malo.  The ballads were all a bit meh.

 

I like the French song :thumb_yello:

Interesting, I thought Lo Malo sounds more generic and similar to other songs (it has this typical beat) than El Remedio, I don't hear similarities to Despacito personally... However, El Remedio reminds me a little bit of my favorite singer when I was about 4 or 5 years old, Natalia Oreiro (she is Uruguayan not Spanish but the music style is quite similar), so maybe I liked the song just because of nostalgia... :lmfao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I really like most of them (I love music in Spanish in general), maybe the most catchy one is El Remedio, I'd choose this, the ballads are also nice but it depends a lot on the live performance. Lo Malo and Camina sound the most generic to me. The rest is ok. What do you think, do you have a favorite song?

 

On first listen I really liked "Tu canción". I found it sweet and beautiful, but maybe I was biased because those two contestants – they all are finalists in a talent show, proper winner will be chosen next week – proved to have a special chemistry between them since they performed "City of Stars" together back in November. Then I thought it could be too cheesy for Eurovision :blush-anim-cl: , and started considering other more cheerful options like "Que nos sigan las luces" or "Magia". But in the end it seems many people found "Tu canción" cute too, for it is eventually the one that will represent us this year:

 

 

I'm happy with it. Even if we don't get many votes, at least it won't be embarrassing as it was last year... :shocked:

And I agree about your entry; I don't particularly like it and would have preferred the song by Debbi, too. Then again, you never know! :thumb_yello:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The UK entry has been chosen - Storm by SuRie (not what I would have picked)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2018 at 11:40 PM, silver said:

The UK entry has been chosen - Storm by SuRie (not what I would have picked)

 

 

 

It's catchy, I quite like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.