Eurovision 2018

silver

Sanremo festival's over, so Italy has a song too: "Non mi avete fatto niente" (You haven't done anything to me) by Ermal Meta and Fabrizio Moro.

I'm very happy this song goes to Eurovision, I love the lyrics. It's a song of love for humanity and an answers to terrorism: "Against every terror that hinder the path, The world gets back up with the smile of a child. You haven't done anything to me, You haven't taken anything from me, You haven't obtained anything, This is my life going on, Because everything goes  beyond your useless war".

Edited by Ele.Magna

• 2 months later...
On 2/11/2018 at 11:35 AM, Ele.Magna said:

Sanremo festival's over, so Italy has a song too: "Non mi avete fatto niente" (You haven't done anything to me) by Ermal Meta and Fabrizio Moro.

I'm very happy this song goes to Eurovision, I love the lyrics. It's a song of love for humanity and an answers to terrorism: "Against every terror that hinder the path, The world gets back up with the smile of a child. You haven't done anything to me, You haven't taken anything from me, You haven't obtained anything, This is my life going on, Because everything goes  beyond your useless war".

Only just got round to listening to this - I like it too :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, We-Are-Golden said:

Our entry. I'm not sure what to think of it. :naughty: I know more songs of him and he is a great singer, but I'm not a big fan of this song.

I'm not sure what to think of it either.

20 hours ago, silver said:

I can't see how they are going to do this live.

I think that she will use a synthesizer or something like that.

20 hours ago, silver said:

Typical Eurovision power ballad :bleh:

Yup! Nothing special :biggrin2:

On 4/27/2018 at 10:32 PM, silver said:

It's very sweet, but not my winner

I know, it's almost always lively danceable tunes that win.

On 4/28/2018 at 9:01 AM, We-Are-Golden said:

Our entry. I'm not sure what to think of it. :naughty: I know more songs of him and he is a great singer, but I'm not a big fan of this song.

Sounds a bit like country music to me, specially at the beginning.

On 4/28/2018 at 10:43 PM, silver said:

I should point out that I'm usually pretty rubbish at picking Eurovision winners :wink2:

Oh, so am I. The ones I usually like never make it even to the Top 10. Except for last year, for once I loved the winner.

18 hours ago, Dominika said:

Yup! Nothing special :biggrin2:

I like this one much more than Israel's if you ask me. I've heard it has huge chances this year, but I don't like it at all. See what I meant? :aah:

Wasn't able to watch the first semi-final last night :aah:, but I was able to listen to the 10 entries chosen today.

I quite liked Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic (though it reminds me of something else), Ireland.

I know the favourite is Cyprus, but the lyrics are rubbish  (fly like a pelican) :roftl:

Israel's song was OK the first time I heard it, but just gets irritating the more you hear it.

The one I like best is Albania - the singer is good (but a bit OTP by the end).  So that's doomed, then.

Feeling a bit underwhelmed at what I'm hearing tonight  (mind you, I missed the first couple of songs).

An awful lot of acts tonight are singing flat too :aah: , just managing to rescue themselves when the music comes in.  Or not.

The Latvian song is different but needs a better singer (maybe she was having an off night).

Don't like the Swedish song at all.

54 minutes ago, silver said:

Anyone watching the semifinal tonight?

I do!

Many songs are so disappoiting...
I very doubtful when someone is taking part in eurovision again and this year Alexander Rybak was not that good.

Swedish song reminds me of another song of Jesse Mccartney - Back Together. 

1 minute ago, Dominika said:

I do!

Many songs are so disappoiting...
I very doubtful when someone is taking part in eurovision again and this year Alexander Rybak was not that good.

Swedish song reminds me of another song of Jesse Mccartney - Back Together. 

Yes, I think the songs in the first semi were better.  So probably some good songs got eliminated and some weaker songs from tonight will get through :thumbdown: