Mika at Rugby Final, Stade de France - Paris, 2 June 2018

Gabry74

8 hours ago, Mikasister said:

A friend that met Mika today among other fans at the voice studio told me that Mika said to all of them that it will be better watch the show on TV because it's too big :dunno:

Thanks for the info. I always try to go when he sounds so excited about a gig as he did on Twitter/Instagram yesterday. But I guess he's more excited about the amount of viewers in this case than about it being a special event for his fans. I guess if there aren't any special fan packages for the gig or ticket giveaways, i'll better save my money for the next tour.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Thanks for the info. I always try to go when he sounds so excited about a gig as he did on Twitter/Instagram yesterday. But I guess he's more excited about the amount of viewers in this case than about it being a special event for his fans. I guess if there aren't any special fan packages for the gig or ticket giveaways, i'll better save my money for the next tour.

Its not worth it for me this time. If it was like PDP would be different but a mini show at the end of th match among 80.000 ppl...just thinking about it I feel dizzy. IAs you say better  will save money for the next tour. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Its not worth it for me this time. If it was like PDP would be different but a mini show at the end of th match among 80.000 ppl...just thinking about it I feel dizzy. IAs you say better  will save money for the next tour. 

To make things worse ,just be also aware that both 2nd and 3rd of june are train striking days in France

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Well, I don't mind 80.000 ppl around me, if I'm close to the stage... :teehee: - but there doesn't seem to be a chance for that. If I need binoculars to see Mika, that's not the kind of gig I want to spend a lot of money on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Wohooooo!!🤪🤪

I already had a trip to Paris for the We Love Green Festival on the following day.

😬 so Mika here we go!!! First concert in over 3 years!

For a stadium that huge, there are not many tickets left

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, followthesound said:

Because it's a big event 

And when the 2 finalists will be known it will be sold out very quickly

• Like 2

On 5/9/2018 at 4:42 PM, giraffeandy said:

Of course I won't watch the whole match but it's still quite funny to watch a rugby event, the idea of it is just surreal to me tbh... :naughty:

Same for me :floor:  The things we do for Mika are unbelievable :teehee: Well I can't go as my mother is 80 on June 2nd and we have a family celebration but I really want to watch the mini gig on TV...my mother doesn't have canal plus anymore (I do at home) but a French fan  said that it might be on France 2 as well and unscrambled on canal plus :pray: otherwise I might have to catch up :sad:  depending on when I'll get home. Anyway I'm thrilled that Mika was chosen and there are many Mika fans going so the rugby fans will have to be good :naughty:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, carafon said:

Because it's a big event 

And when the 2 finalists will be known it will be sold out very quickly

2 hours ago, followthesound said:

Wohooooo!!🤪🤪

I already had a trip to Paris for the We Love Green Festival on the following day.

😬 so Mika here we go!!! First concert in over 3 years!

in fact last year two days before the show they still have 800 place to sold, and appearantly it wasn't sold out finally

https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/Top-14-finale-il-reste-encore-800-places-a-vendre-au-stade-de-france/806859

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

in fact last year two days before the show they still have 800 place to sold, and appearantly it wasn't sold out finally

https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/Top-14-finale-il-reste-encore-800-places-a-vendre-au-stade-de-france/806859

Seems that even rugby is on a crisis ......:biggrin2: 

That's why they've hired Mika !!:mfr_lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

http://www.leparisien.fr/culture-loisirs/musique/mika-va-faire-son-premier-stade-de-france-pour-la-finale-du-top-14-11-05-2018-7709973.php#xtor=AD-1481423553

A presentation of the event, and an interview with an organizer, they explain why they've chosen MIKA, it's about Universal

Pourquoi avoir choisi Mika ?

« Avec la maison de disques Universal, qui est notre partenaire pour l’animation dans les stades sur le Top 14, nous cherchions un artiste qui corresponde bien à l’esprit familial, grand public, festif, convivial, joyeux et inventif du rugby, répond Thomas Otton. Mika est tout cela à la fois. Il va à la fois combler notre public - qui est au passage constitué à 30 % de femmes, plus que le football - et va permettre à une partie de ses fans de découvrir notre sport. Tout le monde va s’y retrouver. »

« Mika devrait chanter entre 20 et 30 minutes, détaille Thomas Otton, directeur de la communication de la Ligue nationale de rugby. La scène sera installée sur la pelouse et le show sur mesure a été imaginé par Mika pour être dans la continuité du match. On a mis plus de moyens que sur la production de The Avener, l’an dernier. Ce sera un vrai concert avec des musiciens et des danseuses. Un show dans le show. »

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

How we can change informations on wikipedia, it's written that MIKA has 38, and appearantly some journalists take informations from wikipedia and wrote that MIKA has 38 in some articles :doh: which is the case in this one about his show in stade de france.

one day I read a comment on twitter saying that the coaches of the voice are old: 3 above 50 and the young one is nearly 40, I was like whaaat, but now I understand where does it come from

8 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

How we can change informations on wikipedia, it's written that MIKA has 38

I see on both English and French wikipedia they say 34 years old :dunno:

Screenshot (298).png

Screenshot (297).png

1 minute ago, Amy hudsone said:

I've just written "mika" in google, it's the first page

Ah, I see! That's weird... but when you go on wikipedia it's the right age, isn't? 

19 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

Yes, it's right when you get in, but the journalists take the first information without checking

It seems so :doh:

Anyway, he looks good for 38 :teehee:

Edited by krysady

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Where is that from, that is wikipedia?

Sorry if it's off topic, but speaking about Wikipedia, is anybody able to change the pic in the 2012 section of "career" (italian wiki)? Sorry, I really can't stand bad photo editing :sneaky2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Siri said:

Sorry if it's off topic, but speaking about Wikipedia, is anybody able to change the pic in the 2012 section of "career" (italian wiki)? Sorry, I really can't stand bad photo editing :sneaky2:

Oh, that was really awful! I think I managed to delete it, wouldn't let me upload another one :winksmiley02:

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

I've just written "mika" in google, it's the first page

mika22.thumb.PNG.7d4c6931111ffb32840359ea1c7b6629.PNG

when i google Mika the side bar has photos of him (got me distracted for like 5 minutes :wub2:), but the information below them says

Mika Urbaniak is a Polish pop singer. She is a daughter of prominent Polish jazz musicians Urszula Dudziak and Michał Urbaniak. Born and raised in the United States, she moved to Poland in 2001. Her style is a mixture of pop music, jazz and hip-hop. Wikipedia

Born: January 8, 1980 (age 38 years), Beirut, Lebanon

Height: 6′ 3″
Full name: Michael Holbrook Penniman, Jr.

WTF?  

@krysady What was the bad pic you deleted?

Edited by kreacher
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, kreacher said:

What was the bad pic you deleted?

It was this one: 

Mika_Nibe_Festival.jpg

I wanted to replace it, but you need an account on wikipedia for that. I tried to upload this one: 

c01b30e0fb039cbd9bcefcadf2c6b74e--mika-penniman-factors.jpg

Edited by krysady
  • Thanks 1