Mika at Radio Italia Live - Milan 16 June 2018

Gabry74

Radio Italia

http://www.radioitalia.it/news/mika/intervista/17393_mika_debutta_a_rilive_"la_prima_volta_che_sono_arrivato_a_milano...".php

Mika debutta a #Rilive: "La prima volta che sono arrivato a Milano..." Mika protagonista di RADIO ITALIA WORLD 15-06-2018

Domani (sabato 16 giugno), Mika sarà protagonista di RADIO ITALIA WORLD, lo spazio di RADIO ITALIA LIVE – IL CONCERTO dedicato alla musica internazionale. Mika, ai microfoni con Mirko Mengozzi, si è detto molto felice e onorato di essere ospite del più grande evento di Radio Italia, per la prima volta. Ha un legame molto forte con l'Italia, soprattutto con Milano...

La prima volta che sono arrivato qui, sono atterrato a mezzanotte e sono venuto in Piazza Duomo. Mi sono seduto in una sorta di buco, dentro la Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, dove c'è il toro”. (Mika si riferisce al rito propiziatorio di sedersi sul toro in Galleria che, secondo la tradizione milanese, porta fortuna).

Come è andato il sound check? È stato un vero e proprio concerto.Per la prima volta, mi sono esibito con tanta gente. È una sensazione strana. In un luogo così, poi. Sono onorato di essere qui”.

20180615223207_mika.thumb.jpg.f983da41b8c422aad793c0744eeac6da.jpg

E poi l'orchestra è una grande orchestra. Ci sono delle versioni che ho adattato appositamente per questo concerto. Mi sono divertito molto”.

20180615223252_mika2.thumb.jpg.05b4c6101b635d57b362bd5d84e950d8.jpg

Da dove arrivi? "Oggi ho preso 3 aerei. Arrivo da Londra. Prima da Parigi. In Italia rimarrò per due giorni. Poi ripartirò per Londra, Parigi e Rio de Janeiro".

Tra i tanti artisti che hai conosciuto ce n'è uno speciale? "Franco Battiato. Mi ha colpito la sua eleganza. Lui è elegante nella vita, nella musica, nella poesia".

L'intervista si conclude con Mika che ammira Piazza Duomo e dice: "Questo è l'appartamento ideale a Milano".

Google trancelator :uk:

Spoiler

Mika debuts at #Rilive: "The first time I arrived in Milan ..."

Mika protagonist of RADIO ITALIA WORLD
06/15/2018

Tomorrow (Saturday 16 June), Mika will be the protagonist of RADIO ITALIA WORLD, the space of RADIO ITALIA LIVE - THE CONCERT dedicated to international music. Mika, on microphones with Mirko Mengozzi, said he was very happy and honored to be the guest of the biggest Radio Italia event for the first time. It has a very strong bond with Italy, especially with Milan ...

"The first time I arrived here, I landed at midnight and I came to Piazza Duomo. I sat in a sort of hole, inside the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, where the bull is ". (Mika refers to the propitiatory rite of sitting on the bull in the gallery which, according to the Milanese tradition, brings good luck).

How did the sound check go? It was a real concert. "For the first time, I performed with so many people. It's a strange feeling. In a place like this, then. I am honored to be here ".

And then the orchestra is a great orchestra. "There are versions that I have adapted specifically for this concert. I had a lot of fun".

Where are you coming from? "Today I took 3 planes, I'm coming from London, I'm going to Paris, I'll stay in Italy for two days, then I'll leave for London, Paris and Rio de Janeiro".

Among the many artists you've met, is there a special one? "Franco Battiato: I am struck by his elegance, he is elegant in life, in music, in poetry".

The interview ends with Mika who admires Piazza Duomo and says: "This is the ideal apartment in Milan".

PHOTOGALLERY

2070537613_2018-06-15_RadioItalia(1).thumb.jpg.88433281f75fb0d4a00becb3093bf3d9.jpg

111746593_2018-06-15_RadioItalia(2).thumb.jpg.298f4e29a2054de2b60540a5f4f91f08.jpg

1873685323_2018-06-15_RadioItalia(3).thumb.jpg.c03be88bb6103696bb144fdeadae0e5c.jpg

1206647000_2018-06-15_RadioItalia(4).thumb.jpg.8e196c808452ac6a0270fce21393adfb.jpg

485941670_2018-06-15_RadioItalia(5).thumb.jpg.a78ebd9442fe43faf61a3046d36acd24.jpg

423656771_2018-06-15_RadioItalia(6).thumb.jpg.d7fb073476133523e832925788ffa216.jpg

447046117_2018-06-15_RadioItalia(7).thumb.jpg.0831141c47dabcf6c37ed7b88aef6e2f.jpg

• Like 3

Interview video

#atupertu Con Mika (RADIO ITALIA LIVE IL CONCERTO 2018)

TRANSLATION by @Ellys Thanks a million !!

The interviewer checked Mika's Ig and found out he's been a guest at the Elysée, and then he asked

I: what do you eat at a president's dinner?

Mika: I was eager to meet Brigitte (Macron's wife) and I absolutely wanted to know what we were going to eat ... (then he started talking about food) You eat well, but not too much

I: Do you mean the portions?

M: Yes, a little bit small.

I: Hey Macron, are you saving on food ? 

M: It was very formal.You had to know which fork to use and when .

I: Were you prepared?

M: No! In this case you have to make a choice between conversation and food. Conversations were fast and intense, all in french, and I decided to eat less  in order not to lose the conversation. Then I came home and I ate an hamburger.

I: So, little food but lots of talk..

M: Yeah.

(they talked about what Mika was going to sing on stage, and he revealed one song: "Stardust" with Chiara Galiazzo.)

Edited by Kumazzz
atached translation
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Kumazzz said:
Radio Italia solomusicaitaliana

interview

MIKA in diretta chiude il lungo giro di interviste di venerdì 15 giugno! Gli vogliamo tantissimo bene! 2764.png❤️ https://bit.ly/2tbARXQ Mirko Mengozzi #rilive

My italian is too poor to understand everything.

But can any body translate this part about hair? It starts at 2:50 :bleh: We all love talking about his curls :fangurl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

But can any body translate this part about hair?

He said that Fedez asked him what did he use for his hair, if he did some permanent treatment for his curls. He said that he did nothing, this is how his hair looks when it's dirty, he discovered that if he doesn't wash it for one week it looks like that. Very dirty, but his curls looks beautiful :teehee:

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, krysady said:

He said that Fedez asked him what did he use for his hair, if he did some permanent treatment for his curls. He said that he did nothing, this is how his hair looks when it's dirty, he discovered that if he doesn't wash it for one week it looks like that. Very dirty, but his curls looks beautiful :teehee:

Ha ha ha! I remember one very old interview where Mika said the same. That he did not wash his hair for a week or more. Lucky him.

When I was as adolescente I used to wash my hair like once a week and it was OK.

Now I have to wash it every two days. If not I do not leave my home :bleh: But it's true - if you wash your hair daily they become really ugly after two days.

Thank you for translation @krysady! A curls mystery revealed :mikadas:

• Like 2

Damn, I missed him, only saw the last 2 minutes, when he had just finished singing with Chiara. :aah: So he sang GK, Beautiful Disaster and Stardust? Anything else? I hope there'll be a recording.

Thanks Eriko for the links, photos and videos! :flowers2:

• Like 1

The performance is also charming and amazing as well as Stade De France. I do not know if it depends on the audience but it was definitely better than before without taking anything away from the previous performance ... He sang GK Beautiful Disaster  Stardust and the small fragment Lasciate Mi Cantare.  :)

Edited by Szara.
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, mellody said:

Damn, I missed him, only saw the last 2 minutes, when he had just finished singing with Chiara. :aah: So he sang GK, Beautiful Disaster and Stardust? Anything else? I hope there'll be a recording.

Thanks Eriko for the links, photos and videos! :flowers2:

You can still watch it, I missed the beginning too but it's possible to rewind the live streaming... :wink2:

• Thanks 2