Mika at Radio Italia Live - Milan 16 June 2018

Gabry74

It was a great performance, the sound much much better than Stade De France, he looked much more relaxed and the place amazing! I enjoyed even the little part he did L'Italiano by Toto Cutugno :wub2:

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

wondering what he is gonna do in Rio:toot: He said that he was talking english, french and spanish last weeks, so may be for the promotion, or coming concerts:groupwave:

I'm taking off, going to Rio

I'm getting lost to find an alter-ego

It could be Paris or Berlin, I don't care what state I'm in...

:fisch:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I was able to watch on my phone but I couldn't hear much as I was at a pumpkin's colleague retirement and birthdaycelebration where I still am :aah: 

So I can wait to catch up with sound...he was adorable and smiling and two wives who had to be here like me said they like him and that he is cute :wub2: so at least I wasn't alone fangurling :naughty: but I'd love to hear him sing as well...

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, krysady said:

It was a great performance, the sound much much better than Stade De France, he looked much more relaxed and the place amazing! I enjoyed even the little part he did L'Italiano by Toto Cutugno :wub2:

"L'Italiano" was a huge hit in France when it was released ,but I didn't know it was also known in Romania!! 

Good choice to please the "no fan" audience as well as the fans!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carafon said:

"L'Italiano" was a huge hit in France when it was released ,but I didn't know it was also known in Romania!! 

Huge hit here too, I grew up with this music :) Now I realize that this song was released the same year Mika was born :teehee:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, carafon said:

Beautiful song and he was so happy singing it too :wub2: Excellent choice indeed :biggrin2: :wub2:

• Like 3

Optimaitalia about last Mika's performance.

http://www.optimaitalia.com/blog/2018/06/16/mika-canta-litaliano-di-toto-cutugno-e-duetta-con-chiara-in-stardust/1146821 

Mika loves Italy and Italy loves Mika.

An exceptional Italian has performed tonight on the stage of Piazza Duomo for Radio Italia Live - Il Concerto. "Italy has given me joy, so much joy, I always want to grow and keep a warm heart", are Mika's words for us.

"There are some countries where it's easier, here I feel the warm heart, I feel alive", continues the international artist. "I feel at home", he confessed, declaring his love in music for the peninsula through the song "L'Italiano di Toto Cutugno", a real surprise for the more than 20,000 people in the Piazza and for all the viewers at home.

Mika is the superstar of the evening: he starts with a success of his past, Grace Kelly, and continues with two exceptional duets. After the performance with Fedez in Beautiful Disaster sings with Chiara Galiazzo the song Stardust for some moments of pure emotion.

Among the two featuring live, an even more exciting moment. Mika sings Toto Cutugno, a gift for Italy that has been able to welcome and cuddle him to make him feel at home. He missed speaking the language, he was missing the nation and he had never played in the shadow of the Duomo before this moment.

The Anglo-Lebanese singer-songwriter remembers the first concert held by a small local from Milan and leaves the stage after some unforgettable pieces, after having incited the square to sing with him for a chorus of unimaginable size. The over 20,000 people present joined him for a magical performance that eclipses all the other guests.

image.thumb.png.45f2765cf0e4831dff1308d8a2a7dd8b.png

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

wondering what he is gonna do in Rio

He said that he'll be there for 4 days, because he has something to do, but he specified "not for a concert". It'll be his first time in Rio, he's never been there.

Also, people appreciated the stage used at the Stade de France and he said he'll hopefully use it in the future. :yes:

source: 

• Thanks 8

:italia:  MIKA - "L'ITALIANO" Toto Cutugno - English subtitles  :italia:

"Lasciatemi cantare

Con la ghitarra in mano

Lasciatemi cantare

Una canzone piano piano

Lasciatemi cantare

Perché ne sono fiero

Sono un italiano

Un italiano vero"

Edited by Xenia
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

:italia: Mika il nostro italiano preferitooo ... rimani sempre il n°1 with you forever!!! ;)

grazie di esistereee Mika!!!!! simpatico, vero, voce wow, occhi super pround of you!!!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, carafon said:

It's well known in the Czech Republic too like many other "older" Italian songs (I knew even the song which was played right after Mika's performance).

• Like 3

I'd like to spend a few words and share a bit of my experience with you, even if I suppose the majority already saw Mika's performance :blush-anim-cl: hope you'll enjoy it anyway! 

The crowd was huge, as you can see from the video. I was practically at the end, but my friend and I managed to find a good spot, we had a good view on the big screens and some space to breathe and move in the middle of the chaos. The Cathedral was just next to us, you just had to lift up your eyes and it was there, magnificent. 

Mika's performance was so, so beautiful. What I'd like to describe is the atmosphere, what you could feel as part of the crowd. 

When he started singing, even the guys around us who were not there for him were very excited, they sang along to every song (even trying to catch the words when they didn't know them, they really wanted to be part of it :teehee:). My favorite part was Mika singing "L'Italiano", it was very special, touching and meaningful, one of those moments you know you won't forget. In fact, the response of the crowd was amazing. Actually, not only in this point, but for the whole performance. Seeing all these people so involved, singing, dancing, it really meant so much, there was actual joy around. He shared a big amount of love and I'm sure he could feel it back, which makes me extremely happy :wub2:

Edited by sara09
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3