Hi From England!

Gemz

Hi Everyone!

I feel very late to the party on this Mika fan page as it doesn't seem very active at the moment! But anyway...

I have been a fan of Mika since he began in 2007, my parents got me his first album "Life In A Cartoon Motion" and this was the first album I had owned myself and I would listen to it all the time!

I was 7 years old at this point and I remember Mika being very popular here in England, all of his singles from his first album were hits. However I never heard about him after another successful hit of "We Are Golden". Since I was fairly young at the time I was moving on to other artists to listen to and didn't know he released more music as they did not do very well in the UK.

Now I am 18 years old and since I really dislike a lot of today's mainstream music I went through my music collection and found my Mika album and decided to do some research on him. I realized he hasn't stopped releasing music. I got nostalgia listening to his first album again, especially listening to my favorite Mika song at the moment "Relax Take It Easy". I recently got his second album which is similar in some ways to his first album, I really like "Rain" and I didn't even realise it was released in the UK! I know he has two more albums so I will listen to them too after I get more familiar with his second album.

Since I have a hobby of collecting CD singles, Vinyl Records and any other music merchandise from music artists I like, I am now excited to start collecting Mika merchandise from over the years. I really like the golden vinyl for his "We Are Golden" single. Please can you suggest any websites for this stuff, apart from eBay as they barely have anything, also Mika's shop doesn't work?! :(

I'm gutted that I haven't seen him on tour and I've seen a few live performances on YouTube and he sounds amazing live. But next time he does tour, I'm there!

It is unfortunate as it seems Mika is forgotten about in England and now he is only really popular in France, making him very underrated!

I hope I didn't ramble on too much, I have a lot of things I want to discuss about Mika so hopefully I can learn a lot from these forums!

Thanks for reading,

Gemma.

• Like 9

Hello Gemma @Gemz  welcome to the MFC ! :welcomeani:

:wub2:I'm Eriko from Japan, glad to you join us.

We have many threads, thought you would be interested...

You can ask at the thread, if you have any questions about Mika, Mika's pics / vids and more.

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 3

Hi Gemma! I'm Dominika from Poland and welcome on board! :bye: You got to the right place and for sure you'll be having fun here. We discuss everything about Mika. ENJOY the staying! :cheer:

Edited by Dominika
  • Like 1

Hello Gemma :bye: and :welcomeani:to MFC .

Feel free to ask us anything about Mika :thumb_yello:

If you prefer not to use ebay for Mika merchandise, you have several options like opening a thread here, check fb Mika groups as once in a while some people sell parts of their Mika collection but you'll have to be patient, it doesn''t happen often. And as far as ebay you can set up Mika alerts through mail to make your search more efficient. Also there's a Mika fan who collects vinyls on instagram and maybe she could help you find We are Golden vinyl :dunno: 

https://www.instagram.com/cordellcullie/

Mika will release a new album and tour again in 2019. When the dates are known and official they will be in the Mika calendar here.

Mika live is a dream :swoon:

I hope you get to listen to The Origin of Love and No Place in Heaven soon...they are filled with treasures in my opinion :wub2:

I think this place will be more lively in 2019 with the new album, but in the meantime there are many threads you can read in MFC :wink2: 

I think you should like this one 

Enjoy your time here :original:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3

Hi and welcome to the MFC :bye:

I see lots of threads have already been suggested for you to look at :naughty:

If you're interested in Mika merchandise, you could also try this thread

And there will be the chance to win various items in the competitions we hold.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, silver said:

Hi and welcome to the MFC :bye:

I see lots of threads have already been suggested for you to look at :naughty:

If you're interested in Mika merchandise, you could also try this thread

And there will be the chance to win various items in the competitions we hold.

Thanks Sophie!

I have actually seen your items on eBay and I may consider getting some of the stuff from you as your like the only person on eBay selling Mika merchandise!

Would it be possible if you did some deals with the items maybe with the CD singles?! I like the look of those fabric prints too but I feel they are probably too big to go on my wall!

9 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Hello Gemma :bye: and :welcomeani:to MFC .

Feel free to ask us anything about Mika :thumb_yello:

If you prefer not to use ebay for Mika merchandise, you have several options like opening a thread here, check fb Mika groups as once in a while some people sell parts of their Mika collection but you'll have to be patient, it doesn''t happen often. And as far as ebay you can set up Mika alerts through mail to make your search more efficient. Also there's a Mika fan who collects vinyls on instagram and maybe she could help you find We are Golden vinyl :dunno: 

https://www.instagram.com/cordellcullie/

Mika will release a new album and tour again in 2019. When the dates are known and official they will be in the Mika calendar here.

Mika live is a dream :swoon:

I hope you get to listen to The Origin of Love and No Place in Heaven soon...they are filled with treasures in my opinion :wub2:

I think this place will be more lively in 2019 with the new album, but in the meantime there are many threads you can read in MFC :wink2: 

I think you should like this one 

Enjoy your time here :original:

Wow a tour and album in 2019! That is not far away at all! Now I can spend time waiting by listening to Mika's other albums and reading all the threads on here! Awesome :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gemz said:

Wow a tour and album in 2019! That is not far away at all! Now I can spend time waiting by listening to Mika's other albums and reading all the threads on here! Awesome :)

You have a lot of work but it's a pleasant one :wink2:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mikasister said:

@Gemz when you listen to the two albums tell us which songs do you liked the most, to see if we agree on the taste. :wink2: NPIH has a true jewels.:wub2:

Will Do! I have heard a few from Origin Of Love as I watched his performance from "Finale Top14". I liked the sound of Emily (Elle Me Dit) but was different to his earlier stuff!

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Gemz said:

I have heard a few from Origin Of Love as I watched his performance from "Finale Top14". I liked the sound of Emily (Elle Me Dit) but was different to his earlier stuff!

I was there and I loved his show! :fangurl:

• Like 1

Hello Gemma, I'm Sara! Welcome to the MFC :bye:

I'd like to wish you lots of fun discovering more and more about Mika's universe. I got to warn you, it's quite addictive! Once you've stepped into it, it's really hard to leave. But it feels so good, you'll see! :wub2: Speaking of, let us know your thoughts, it'd be lovely to talk with you about Mika :D 

See you around! 

• Like 3

@Gemz I forgot to tell you about TBWKTM deluxe edition. There are two CDs and the second one is Mika's live at Saddler's Wells recording :wub2:

Also maybe you could find information in our Mika encyclopedia (the link is in dcdeb's siggie) and also we have a thread with all Mika releases where you should find information as well.

• Like 2

Hello Gemma. I'm İrem from Turkey. Welcome to MFC. You will spend your time here. I'm sure about that. You said, "But next time he does tour, I'm there!" I hope, you and me will there (of course other countries.) Okay, enjoy your timeeee! :hug:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

@Gemz I forgot to tell you about TBWKTM deluxe edition. There are two CDs and the second one is Mika's live at Saddler's Wells recording :wub2:

Also maybe you could find information in our Mika encyclopedia (the link is in dcdeb's siggie) and also we have a thread with all Mika releases where you should find information as well.

Yes I have seen there is a 2 CD album with the live audio and also a bonus song on the first disk (Lover Boy) so I will be buying that for sure!

1 hour ago, Gemz said:

Yes I have seen there is a 2 CD album with the live audio and also a bonus song on the first disk (Lover Boy) so I will be buying that for sure!

if you will buy No Place In Heaven look for the Repack of the album, there are all the newer French songs on it also all bonus songs and a second CD with Sinfonic Songs of his first Sinfonic concerts in Montreal. It´s the blue audition.

27 minutes ago, Sabine64 said:

if you will buy No Place In Heaven look for the Repack of the album, there are all the newer French songs on it also all bonus songs and a second CD with Sinfonic Songs of his first Sinfonic concerts in Montreal. It´s the blue audition.

This version? :)

image.thumb.png.89d56f0f898b2569c9a3c2affd08cecc.png

I have both the special and the deluxe edition of NPIH and unfortunately three songs – Promiseland, Rio and Porcelain – are missing on the special edition, so if you buy it don't forget to check these three songs out, it's really worth it, especially Promiseland is great! :thumb_yello:

• Like 1