[The Voice] season-8, France - 2019

Kumazzz

7 hours ago, ladyolivier said:

Love the red suit! Do we have any idea when the season starts airing? Any schedules?

I love his quirky fashion, colours and glitter and whatnots but sometimes he pulls out some very dapper suits!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, carafon said:

Doesn't mean that the info is true…..:wink2:

But for sure it's not next saturday

Yes, we still have to wait for an official announcement. I've only seen some tweets from Jennifer's fans and some articles saying it will start on January, but I don't know how reliable they are : https://www.evous.fr/The-Voice-TF1-battles-direct-resume,1175170.html  I guess we'll find out soon :original:

• Like 2

Hello Everyody,

I am still a little tired after this like marathon two sessions of The Voice from Friday.

I am sure that I will miss some points but it was really too hard to keep everything in mind after almost 10 hours of recording.

Yes, already at the begining it started about 4pm and we were sure that the second session will be delayed.

Good thing for those who participated in both sessions was that we stayed in the studio (about 50 people in all) and we even could choose places.

At the afternoon session I was sitting in the sector behind coachs chairs far on the left wing having Mika on my right hand so I was able to see his profile.

Now I can tell that the sound here was much better than on the second session where I took place on the right sector - so seeing well all coachs but seeing talents backs.

It started with the coachs performances.

A song "Face a la mer" from Calogero. I am putting here the concert version - it looks a little like we could watch on stage .

Another song was a special single for the Charity Association "Restos du Coeurs" called "On Trace".The main activity of which is to distribute food packages and hot meals to the needy.

Guests invited to sing together were Zazie and coachs known from The Voice Kids: Patrick Fiori and Amel Bent.

As it was recorded twice, for the second take the whole public was singing "On trace, on traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaceeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!" Very warm moment 💓

The first battle was performed by two guys (sorry I don't want to say from which team - really I have a mess in my head :insane: - Soprano? ).

They sung Beyonce song "Deja Vu". I mention it because when the coachs commented it Mika started to talk about the pronuciation : in French it's like Deja view.... But Americans don't pronunce it correctly, they say rather "deja vou". And for Mika it is more SEXY than the French one :teehee:

There is a new rule this time: a coach can keep both talents from the battle if he thinks they both are very good. But they have to become a duo to continue. So two talents = one show.

Mika was the first one to use this rule (Why am I not surprised? :das: ) He kept a girl London Loko (my favorite from the blind auditions) - a girl with a Miki Mouse voice - I mentioned it in my previous report. The boy - a young rapper - I haven't seen him before so I don't know how he sings. Anyway Mika wanted to keep him too.

So she and another girl - Poupie from Jenifer's team are my favorites. They were for me the persons catching the spot while on stage.

At one moment Soprano couldn't decide if he keeps a rap duo or a solo rapper. I liked their performance a lot and for me they were singing as if they were a trio.

I was happy because it is exactly what Mika said to Soprano - he would have keep they all.

But the funny thing was just after. Soprano followed Mika's suggestion. And Mika was soooooo surprised! He couldn't believe it happened. He started to take deep breaths, he felt hot.... I was surprised by his reaction. It was the best decision!

And now about Poupie. I haven't seen her before. The battle starts and I can see a young woman dressed in silver/golden mini skirt and a short jacket of the same fabric. Blond with a pony tail, very self confident... First feeling - oh, she's playing a star!

She was singing with a boy and  the song was...... "Bohemian Rhapsody"! Can you imagine???? What a challenge!

But I have to tell you that it was magic - I hope it will be seen on TV too. And Poupie became a star!!!!! She convinced me and I was very happy that she will continue on live!!!!

At the end it was a debrief so we could see some performances on the screens and the coachs gave again their opinions.

Now I am waiting to see all this on TV. I wonder what happened on December recordings to see songs performed by my favorites. And maybe find some other interesting talents I missed on Friday?

As you already know  Mika told us not to wait for him after the recording. He had some interviews. And seeing all this time he spent in the studio I was expecting that he will be too tired to stop and talk with us.

But Soprano was so nice that he stopped next to us and let take lots of selfies with him. I think he is a good Mika follower in this "tradition" :thumb_yello: 

That's all for the moment. I hope some other fans will post their reports too because I am sure I missed some funny/good moments :dunno:

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

58 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

There is a new rule this time: a coach can keep both talents from the battle if he thinks they both are very good. But they have to become a duo to continue. So two talents = one show.

Mika was the first one to use this rule (Why am I not surprised? :das: ) He kept a girl London Loko (my favorite from the blind auditions) - a girl with a Miki Mouse voice - I mentioned it in my previous report. The boy - a young rapper - I haven't seen him before so I don't know how he sings. Anyway Mika wanted to keep him too.

Thank you Anna for doing the job!:naughty:

And it's a very good one :thumb_yello:

But on that point you're not absolutely right

The coaches had this opportunity to create a new duet with the 2 contestants ,but they also were allowed to keep both as single singers

But as they have to build a team of 4 ; that means that in that case they'd have to pick none of the duetists of another battle and that's what happened in Mika's team

That's also the reason why Soprano first didn't realise that creating a new contestant with the 3 guys won't leave him in the same mess that Mika was !!

Seems the new rules were not very clear for the coaches as well as for us …:naughty:

The man in charge of the crowd also told us about an other option that was to ask the contestants to make another song  .

I didn't  understand if they'd have to do it during this session or during the live show ,and as none of the coaches used this rule we'll never know …..

Another option was also that the man didn't understand anything himself !!:teehee:

Just want to add some own feeling to Anna's report

I realy feel that Mika and Soprano have a very good and friendly relationship , kind of the same one he had with Garou

As for Julien who is not next to him and far older than him ,it seems that they apprecate each other ,on a different way ,but a very good one too

I'm missing Zazie very much and seems that Mika was happy to see her back for the song

As for the battles themseves ,I didn't feel that they were as "Mikaish" as they were used to be in the past 

Maybe only because Mika said he wanted to make them "uncomfortable" with his song's choices …...

Edited by carafon
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2