[The Voice] season-8, France - 2019

Kumazzz

1 hour ago, Loo said:

Mika: I hear an accent!
Coco: Who comes from where?
M: Italy? No, no, where does it come from?
Coco: Why not, I can speak Italian. (Said in Italian)
Nikos: She plays, too.
Family: Yes, she loves to play!
Nikos: She likes to play with the camera and the camera loves her!
M: What is your name?
Coco: My name is Coco!
M: Oh! Coco, she's funny! Where do you come from, Coco?
Coco: I come from wherever you want!... A little naughty... Cock-a-doodle-doo! I come from Moldova.
M: Coco from Moldova.
Coco: It changes!
M: Yes, but that's good! But look, there are the four of us.
Jen: You have a great voice, but a great personality!
M: Yes, a great personality.

Jen: You sing what, you sing on stage, I have a lot of questions to ask you!
Coco: I sing anything that gives you chills.
Jen: Do you sing in French?
Coco: Yes, I love French, I love France, the Italians too...
Jen: Anyway, there is an energy that is very communicative.
Coco: (watching Mika) I gave everything for you!
Soprano: She gave it all!
Coco: Almost!
Mika: I saw a movie in my head. A girl who you don't think is going to win, and all of a sudden with her determination, she does a lot of things. And then all of a sudden she comes to the party and slams something and wins. (Laughs) That's the movie. (Laughs) And then everyone looks and says, "I didn't know she was going to win," but then she wins and she's the hero but the unlikely hero. And you're kind of the unlikely hero.
You're elegant, you're beautiful, and you're... okay, naughty, but I think you're someone who's... (cut by Jen).
Jen: (cut by Coco)
Coco: Mika, can I tell you something? We have the same problem, we can't say what we want. (Coco and Mika laughing) I understand so much!
Mika: You are fabulous!
Coco: My smile, my secret is to smile! And you have to dye yourself blond.
Soprano: (To Mika) There she is coaching you! Listen to his advice.
Mika: Yes! How old are you, Coco?
Coco: Oh, my God! We're not asking!
Jen: You don't ask that!
Mika: In singing everything is said!
Coco: I am 26 years old.
Mika: Oh, but, well, you're young!
Coco: Do I look my age? (squeaks)
 Mika: I don't have the words!
Coco: Be careful, everything started very well, Mika...

Mika: I'm 35 years old, I'm almost 10 years older.
Coco: Oh, there's a little gap... but still!
Jen: I love it!
Coco: But that's okay!
Mika: No, but it's true, look...
Coco: just smile, always the same rule, you smile!
Mika gets up and goes to kiss his hand. "And I'll keep my mouth shut! »
Soprano: coco!
 Coco: Good evening Soprano!
Soprano: You heard how she said my name!
Jen: That's very sweet!
S: It was beautiful! No, but you know, where do you find these notes? At first we thought you were nervous. But actually, no, it's your personality.
 Coco: I was playing.
S: We understand it now. And at some point, you keep going up? I said, but she's not going up, there are no more floors up there! And you keep going up! I'm here; but I can't miss it! I have to press! And you're going up! And I see Mika, he doesn't turn around. I'm saying it's weird that he doesn't turn around! I turn around and I see you, a diva who was in front of me! And with the class I have, there has to be a diva on my team anyway!
Julien, what would you like to say?

Julien : I would like to say that I think you are a show woman, you have prepared your move well, and that you have made us a really personal interpretation of this song which is "puzzle" in the sense that it is a very great song.
 I really liked it when you did the first chorus, because I thought to myself; here she is smart, she doesn't send the chorus right away and she does it with a pretty little head voice like that. And then you "let go of the dogs" towards the end and sent up. Welcome to The voice. I think we're going to have a lot of fun with whoever your coach is, seeing you in the next few weeks.
Coco: Thank you very, very much!

Jen is trying to talk....

Coco: What Mika, what's going on? (gives him the sign of smiling). Mika does it.

S: And now it's up to you to do the show, because you have to choose.

Coco: What am I going to say... I like to dominate!

S: Oh! Ow! Ow! Ow!

Jen: It's a good thing because so am I!

Coco: You're a lioness!

Jen: I'm a scorpione!

Coco: I'm a virgin! (To Mika) still don't you understand what's going on?

Mika: (laughs) No!

Jen: You're great! (To Mika) Well, go ahead!

Mika: Do you think she chose me?

Coco: YES!

Mika: I'm delighted, there's not another one like you!

Coco: (showing him the steps below) You can go down a little bit. (M executes) That's how it's better!

S: He's scared, Mika!
Please, we need someone to come and reorganize Mika's brain!
Are you all right? Do you understand what just happened to you now?

thank you so much Loo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Yes. She knows what she wants but it is pure manipulation. Anyway she has been singing for many years but did not do a career so far. There is a reason for this. With her voice she should be a star like Celine Dion. But she is not. And for sure she will not win this program either. 

She lives in such a poor country with so few ways to get out of it that I understand that she is looking for other countries to succeed with the "weapons" she has.

Well; flirting with Mika is a bit average, since he's in a relationship, but morality can sometimes fall through the cracks for those who are stuck by the throat.
 For me, it is no worse than students who occasionally prostitute themselves to finance their studies. Which I don't support any more.

23 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

She knows what she wants but it is pure manipulation. Anyway she has been singing for many years but did not do a career so far.

In our country she left the contest after the battles, but only because she refused to be saved by another coach. She only wanted to work with her coach from the beginning and didn't want to do any compromise :teehee:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Loo said:

She lives in such a poor country with so few ways to get out of it that I understand that she is looking for other countries to succeed with the "weapons" she has.

Well; flirting with Mika is a bit average, since he's in a relationship, but morality can sometimes fall through the cracks for those who are stuck by the throat.
 For me, it is no worse than students who occasionally prostitute themselves to finance their studies. Which I don't support any more.

She said she was living in France and she was paying her taxes there. So it's not a problem with Moldavia.

Anyway she's not of my league. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Am I the only one here to say that persons like Coco scare me?

Yes, she scares me. :giveup:  :hypo:

Coco does not scare me, but maybe she scares MIKA? At first I thought she came across as insincere, 

but I think Julien got it right . . . it's a show.  As a show, she achieved a LOT. As a show man himself, MIKA

knows how to put on a pretty good show himself! Myself, caught in a virtual reality, I had a 'brainstorm' that

MIKA should seize an opportunity to pair COCO with MANO in a duet as the show progresses before I realized

all the shows are wrapped up now. I can only hope the same idea may have occurred to coach MIKA because

that I would love to see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, A. Clay said:

Coco does not scare me, but maybe she scares MIKA? At first I thought she came across as insincere, 

but I think Julien got it right . . . it's a show.  As a show, she achieved a LOT. As a show man himself, MIKA

knows how to put on a pretty good show himself! Myself, caught in a virtual reality, I had a 'brainstorm' that

MIKA should seize an opportunity to pair COCO with MANO in a duet as the show progresses before I realized

all the shows are wrapped up now. I can only hope the same idea may have occurred to coach MIKA because

As I participated at the battles recording I could see how coaches managed with their own plans and strategies. So I am sure Mika will do what he prefers 😋

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

As I participated at the battles recording I could see how coaches managed with their own plans and strategies. So I am sure Mika will do what he prefers 😋

FINGERS CROSSED!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now that a discussion has kicked off, I'd like to rant a little. The only part that I found annoying was the hair-play. It gave off the mean girls' plastics vibe. But other than that she was charming as I said before, managed to build a clever and funny show for the judges (I didn't notice how the crowd took it). That said, I felt she was one step away from overdoing it. The whole performance was perfectly balanced in my opinion minus the hairplay, but one wrong step and she could go from being confident, witty and the good kind of crazy to cheap and trashy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also thought the Coco-Situation was very funny, even though I didn't completely understand until now.
But am I only one who doesn't like Coco? I really found her unpleasant....for my taste it was a little too much show and flirting with everyone, but let's see how Mika is going to manage her!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, krysady said:

Thanks @Loo for the translation, it was so funny that Mika was still puzzled during La Suite :lmfao:

For fun, I put the coaches' reactions in "La suite".  :roftl:

Nikos: Be careful, we're going to travel. Not very far, but enough to discover that Mika and an object man! Yes, his talent has martyred him. Her name is Coco.

Mika: And I'm on HIS team!

Nikos: In all objectivity, Coco, who comes from Moldova, does not have the communication skills that we necessarily have in our programs with artists. But one thing is for sure; she sings, she sends heavy!
(To Mika) so she teased you a little, she talks a lot. She told me "I love you, I look at you in Eurovision" when I have never done Eurovision in my life. I said to him: "Thank you, but I've never done Eurovision in my life"! She replied, "No, you're lying, you did it! "Well, if it makes you happy! However, she is a great singer.

Mika: Yes, she has a crazy voice, but what's even crazier is that when you look at her now, she sounds pretty normal!

Nikos: It's colorful! She is very atypical, she is a little iconoclastic, she breaks them a little... (Meanwhile, Mika waves at him, that he can add some more, laughing).
In reality, you're in trouble because it's going to be hard to handle this one! Forgive me, but that's the term! To guide, to accompany.

Mika: Yeah, honestly, I have no idea...

Nikos: She has one, I'm telling you!

Mika: I have no idea what's going to happen and I have no idea what happened! She has a strange power.

N: She has chained you up, she's enigmatic!

M: Yeah, that's right! I hope she wants to collaborate with me (Jen laughs). That's the problem! It's not where I can lead it, it's where she's going to bring me and I'm a little afraid to know! (laughs)

N: Well, we'll let you think about it! Anyway, she's on your team and everyone's happy about it! Thank you very much! Her name is Coco, she comes from Moldova and she is at Mika's, bravo, bravo Mika!

Edited by Loo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Coco may do what she wants. She has her own rules and I don't care 😎😋🤣🤣🤣🤣 This is The Voice. But not necessarily Coco's voice 😁😁😁😁😁

Dayum. You really don't like her, do you? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Loo said:

For fun, I put the coaches' reactions in "La suite".  :roftl:

Nikos: Be careful, we're going to travel. Not very far, but enough to discover that Mika and an object man! Yes, his talent has martyred him. Her name is Coco.

Mika: And I'm on HIS team!

Nikos: In all objectivity, Coco, who comes from Moldova, does not have the communication skills that we necessarily have in our programs with artists. But one thing is for sure; she sings, she sends heavy!
(To Mika) so she teased you a little, she talks a lot. She told me "I love you, I look at you in Eurovision" when I have never done Eurovision in my life. I said to him: "Thank you, but I've never done Eurovision in my life"! She replied, "No, you're lying, you did it! "Well, if it makes you happy! However, she is a great singer.

Mika: Yes, she has a crazy voice, but what's even crazier is that when you look at her now, she sounds pretty normal!

Nikos: It's colorful! She is very atypical, she is a little iconoclastic, she breaks them a little... (Meanwhile, Mika waves at him, that he can add some more, laughing).
In reality, you're in trouble because it's going to be hard to handle this one! Forgive me, but that's the term! To guide, to accompany.

Mika: Yeah, honestly, I have no idea...

Nikos: She has one, I'm telling you!

Mika: I have no idea what's going to happen and I have no idea what happened! She has a strange power.

N: She has chained you up, she's enigmatic!

M: Yeah, that's right! I hope she wants to collaborate with me (Jen laughs). That's the problem! It's not where I can lead it, it's where she's going to bring me and I'm a little afraid to know! (laughs)

N: Well, we'll let you think about it! Anyway, she's on your team and everyone's happy about it! Thank you very much! Her name is Coco, she comes from Moldova and she is at Mika's, bravo, bravo Mika!

You know that 3 seconds pre-buzzer scare fit that Mika has before turning? Well that makes so much sense now. That's what he was afraid of all along. To turn for a voice only to find it belongs to a COCO. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Loo said:

It doesn't matter, it's not necessarily singing that interests her, but being noticed!  :wink2:

True.

She said in some interviews that she is playing and overacting on stage because in reality she is very nervous and that helps her to deal with it, but many people  found her arrogant during our version of The Voice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krysady said:

True.

She said in some interviews that she is playing and overacting on stage because in reality she is very nervous and that helps her to deal with it, but many people  found her arrogant during our version of The Voice. 

That's also what I thought, that she was arrogant! But that's just what I can tell from my first impression, if it really is like she says, that this way of behaving helps her dealing with being shy in private, then it really could be that she's the sweetest person! 
But still, I didn't like her overacting...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vivien He said:

But still, I didn't like her overacting...

I didn't like her behavior either, this way she will never succeed in the musical business. It was embarrassing and the only funny thing was Mika's reaction,  scared but still trying to smile :biggrin2:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, krysady said:

I didn't like her behavior either, this way she will never succeed in the musical business. It was embarrassing and the only funny thing was Mika's reaction,  scared but still trying to smile :biggrin2:

That's exactly what I thought! It kind of seemed that Mika was wondering if he made the right choice to turn and as if it was more an insecure laughing than anything else

• Like 6

19 hours ago, A. Clay said:

I thought the same. It would be a great duet with those two :wink2:

• Like 1