[The Voice] season-8, France - 2019

Kumazzz

Mika quote of the evening, before he got in the car: "see you soon with new music!" - and he looked really happy and excited. :fangurl: I asked him about the tour for next year, but he can't say anything yet - just that it's "a lot". :biggrin2:

I guess the Voice recording was nice too, though I have no comparison to others - I did enjoy myself, and others who are there more often said it was a really good one. But let's face it, I didn't travel to Paris for that, but to see Mika, and that was worth it. :wub2: He even dug out a few German words for me. :naughty:

Fangurl mode, lol. :teehee: ... I'm off to bed now, early train tomorrow.

20181115_020723.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Chriss-MikaFan said:

release of the 3rd and 4th blind audition

Aww, thanks for that! :fangurl: I love watching M&G videos where you can hear him talking to me, but not me talking to him. :naughty: So I don't have to be embarrassed about my tired stuttering at 2am, but can remember his words & rewatch him smiling at me. 😊 

When he was giggling so sweet while talking to me, that was when I asked him whether he can say anything about the tour yet. "No! *giggle*" :naughty:

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Awww he said "Gute Nacht !" @mellody

at 6:06 of @Chriss-MikaFan 's clip !!! It's so sweet. :fangurl:

https://youtu.be/Y90V5H2-5gQ?t=6m6s

Yes! :fangurl: And inside when he first saw me (I had a good place to see him when his chair was turned to the audience), he said "Wie geht's?". :wub2: He doesn't need to speak German for me, actually I prefer talking with him in English, but I love it that he appreciates my presence that way, that's very sweet of him. :wub2: That little gesture of remembering to turn around and say goodnight to Renate and me in German, and to Nina in English, instead of just talking French for the 95% French fans there, that means a lot to us. :wub2:

• Like 13

Btw, there was a cute little visitor... when Mika first entered the Studio, he brought his Nephew with him. :wub2: They watched the rehearsals of a song together, that one of the former judges performed. And when Mika needed his mic attached, he sat Beau in Soprano's chair, where he stayed for quite a bit, before Soprano came. Very cute. :wub2:

• Like 13

49 minutes ago, mellody said:

Btw, there was a cute little visitor... when Mika first entered the Studio, he brought his Nephew with him. :wub2: They watched the rehearsals of a song together, that one of the former judges performed. And when Mika needed his mic attached, he sat Beau in Soprano's chair, where he stayed for quite a bit, before Soprano came. Very cute. :wub2:

Thank you Karin for your report. I love this sort of little details happening during the meeting with Mika. His nephew, little talks ect :fangurl:  Great you could be there!!!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Thank you Karin for your report. I love this sort of little details happening during the meeting with Mika. His nephew, little talks ect :fangurl:  Great you could be there!!!!!

Yes, apparently I was very lucky and usually the M&G's after the Voice recordings aren't so long, he often just waves from the car or doesn't stop at all, like on Tuesday. I don't know if I would've gone to see him at the Voice, if he didn't know me for years already and I want him to know I'm still there. And surely not if there had been a gig instead. Because the Voice recording itself really isn't worth it for a Mika fan trip, imo, at least if you don't speak French. The talents are interesting to watch, some really good, others just boring, and all sorts of different music and voices, at least in the show I attended. But that's no reason for me to travel to Paris. Mika concentrates on the talents and on the other jury members, and the show is not about him and his universe, as it was with Casa Mika. I wasn't disappointed by this, it was what I expected, but anyway I don't have the feeling I missed anything because I didn't attend the afternoon recording. Except maybe a few hours spent with my MFC friends, but not as for seeing Mika. I'd have been bored to death til midnight, if I had attended both recordings. :teehee:

Anyway, I feel extremely lucky to have gotten such a M&G, despite the long hours of work for Mika before that. With my 2 small kids, atm I can't see Mika as often as I'd like to, so of course it's very nice that the only chance I got this year was such a success. Back in the old days, we called it "Mika luck", I always had lots of that in the first few years... then it was gone for a while, but now at least sometimes it still seems to be there. :bleh:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Omg, he look so adorable - that hair has gotten so magnificent! I thought a couple years ago that we has seen the end of the curls for good, honestly. I'm not sure what encouraged him to bring the hair back, apparently for good, but I am just over the moon.

So warm and kind and lovely as always. So happy for everyone who got to go to the recordings and talk to the man! We are truly blessed this Mika era.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ladyolivier said:

Omg, he look so adorable - that hair has gotten so magnificent! I thought a couple years ago that we has seen the end of the curls for good, honestly. I'm not sure what encouraged him to bring the hair back, apparently for good, but I am just over the moon.

I also hope he keeps it that way, but I guess if he wants a new look, he'll do that for the release of the new album, or for the tour, and not for a TV show. So the fact that the curls are there now doesn't guarantee they'll still be next year. Anyway, I hope you're right - curls forever! :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

https://www.programme-tv.net/news/tv/209044-the-voice-coachs-diffusion-mecanique-toutes-les-infos-sur-la-saison-8/

image.thumb.png.92b89558e3b98273b1b852c7cc993181.png

Après une saison 7 qui s'est conclue par la victoire de Maëlle, première candidate à remporter l'aventure, TF1 et ITV Studios ont annoncé conjointement une huitième édition de The Voice. Si le fond de l'émission sera toujours le même, de nombreux bouleversements sont apportés cette saison... Déjà Florent Pagny a annoncé son départ du programme. Mais quels autres changements vont être opérés ?

Coachs

Qui siègera dans les fauteuils rouges de The Voice ? Si Florent Pagny ne sera pas présent pour cette prochaine saison, Zazie et Pascal Obispo, n'ont plus ! Quant à Mika, il rempile pour une nouvelle saison au côté de trois nouveaux coachs : Jenifer, Soprano et Julien Clerc. Jenifer a, d'ailleurs, posté un cliché de ce nouveau jury au complet, dans les coulisses de cette huitième saison.

Ce jury renouvelé au trois quart va devoir trouver ses marques. Si c'est un retour pour Jenifer, c'est une première pour Soprano dans The Voice version adulte et c'est une première pour Julien Clerc. On sait déjà que l'aîné du jury détient une aura particulière auprès des trois autres coachs. Dès les premiers enregistrements aux quels nous avons assistés, ceux-ci lui ont témoigné un grand respect. S'imposera-t-il comme le patron ? En tous les cas, il sait dicter un nouveau rythme aux débats pour obtenir les talents : il vouvoie Jenifer, Soprano et Mika mais n''hésite pas à les tacler avec humour, il distille de nombreux conseils techniques aux talents tout en s'intéressant énormément à l'émotion des interprétations…

Casting

Ils ont été 140 apprentis chanteurs à se présenter aux auditions à l'aveugle pour la saison 7 du programme. Comme chaque année, c'est Bruno Berberes, le directeur de casting de l'émission, qui va sillonner la France et chercher la perle rare sur Internet pour trouver la plus belle voix de 2019. Finalement ce sont 10 000 candidatures qui ont été étudiées pour cette saison 8. Plus de 1500 talents ont été rencontrés et 130 ont été sléectionnés pour passer devant le jury. Les auditions l'aveugle de cette huitième saison ont débuté le lundi 12 novembre 2018. L'éclectisme est toujours le mot d'ordre de la production qui a cependant remarqué qu'une plus large place à la musique urbaine et aux titres en français apparaissaient dans les candidatures de cette saison.

Règles

Lors de la saison 7 de The Voice, la production a modifié la mécanique de l'émission. Si les auditions à l'aveugle n'avaient pas bougé, la deuxième phase des battles a été supprimée. A la place, les talents se confrontaient aux "auditions finales" : chaque chanteur devait alors interpréter une chanson de son choix pour convaincre à nouveau son coach. Ceux-ci gardaient six talents et pouvaient en voler deux, soit un total de huit talents à la fin de cette épreuve. Ensuite venait le temps des "duels" où deux candidats s'affrontaient. Les derniers prétendants au titre s'affrontaient ensuite lors des lives.

Si cette mécanique a donné du rythme à la saison 7, pour la huitième édition la production a repensé la procédure de son show. D'abord au stade des auditions, comme dans la dernière version américaine, les coachs peuvent grâce à un nouveau bouton bloquer un de leur confrère. Mais chacun ne peut l'utiliser qu'une seule fois tout au long des auditions. Il doit appuyer avant qu'il ne se retourne. Et un coach bloqué une fois ne peut plus l'être par les autres. Ainsi si Mika veut un talent et sait que Jenifer va être intéressée : il doit se retourner, peut appuyer sur le "bouton Jenifer" mais avant qu'elle ne se retourne. Ainsi, Jenifer ne pourra obtenir ce talent. Et tout au long des auditions ni Soprano, ni Julien Clerc ne pourront plus bloquer Jenifer. Et pour que l'opération soit gagnante, dans cet exemple, il faut encore pour Mika, que le talent ne choisisse ni Julien Clerc , ni Soprano si ces derniers ce sont aussi retournés !

La production a annoncé qu'avant les duels et à la place des "auditions finales", une étape imaginée par les Français allait être initiée. On n'en connait pas encore exactement la teneur mais il semblerait qu'elle mette les coachs à nouveau sous pression.

Diffusion

La saison 7 de The Voice a été diffusée du 27 janvier 2018 au 12 mai 2018 sur TF1. Gageons que la saison 8 reviendra, en 2019, à la même période de l'année.

Audiences

Pour la septième édition, The Voice a fait sa meilleure audience le 10 février 2018 avec 6,4 millions de fans (31,2% de PDA). Son pire score a été enregistré le 21 avril, lors du premier direct, avec 3,9 millions de téléspectateurs (24,4% de PDA).

Translation by DeepL:

Spoiler

After a season 7 that ended with the victory of Maëlle, the first candidate to win the adventure, TF1 and ITV Studios jointly announced an eighth edition of The Voice. If the background of the show will always be the same, many upheavals are brought this season.... Florent Pagny has already announced his departure from the program. But what other changes will be made?
Coaches

Who will sit in the red seats of The Voice? If Florent Pagny will not be present for this next season, Zazie and Pascal Obispo, have no more! As for Mika, he is back for a new season with three new coaches: Jenifer, Soprano and Julien Clerc. Jenifer has posted a snapshot of the entire new jury behind the scenes for this eighth season.

This jury, three quarters of which has been renewed, will have to find its feet. If it's a comeback for Jenifer, it's a first for Soprano in The Voice adult version and a first for Julien Clerc. We already know that the eldest member of the jury has a special aura with the other three coaches. From the very first recordings we attended, they showed him great respect. Will he impose himself as the boss? In any case, he knows how to dictate a new rhythm to the debates to obtain the talents: he wants Jenifer, Soprano and Mika but doesn't hesitate to tackle them with humour, he distills many technical advices to the talents while being very interested in the emotion of the interpretations...
Casting

There were 140 apprentice singers who attended the blind auditions for Season 7 of the program. As every year, Bruno Berberes, the show's casting director, will travel around France and look for the rare gem on the Internet to find the most beautiful voice of 2019. Finally, 10,000 applications were studied for this season 8. More than 1500 talents were met and 130 were selected to pass before the jury. The blind auditions for this eighth season began on Monday, November 12, 2018. Eclecticism is still the watchword of the production, which nevertheless noticed that a greater emphasis on urban music and titles in French appeared in this season's applications.
Rules and regulations

During Season 7 of The Voice, the production changed the mechanics of the show. If the blind hearings had not moved, the second phase of the battles was deleted. Instead, the talents competed in the "final auditions": each singer had to perform a song of his choice to convince his coach again. They kept six talents and could steal two, for a total of eight talents at the end of this event. Then came the time of the "duels" where two candidates competed against each other. The last contenders for the title then competed against each other during the live matches.

If this mechanics gave rhythm to season 7, for the eighth edition the production has rethought the procedure of its show. First at the audition stage, as in the latest American version, coaches can block one of their colleagues with a new button. But everyone can only use it once throughout the hearings. He must press before he turns around. And a coach who is blocked once can no longer be blocked by others. So if Mika wants a talent and knows that Jenifer will be interested: he has to turn around, can press the "Jenifer button" but before she turns around. That way, Jenifer won't be able to get that talent. And throughout the hearings, neither Soprano nor Julien Clerc will be able to stop Jenifer. And for the operation to be a winner, in this example, Mika still needs the talent to choose neither Julien Clerc nor Soprano if the latter have also returned!

The production announced that before the duels and instead of the "final auditions", a step imagined by the French would be initiated. We don't know exactly what it is yet, but it seems to be putting the coaches under pressure again.
Diffusion

Season 7 of The Voice was broadcast from January 27, 2018 to May 12, 2018 on TF1. Let's bet that Season 8 will return in 2019 to the same time of year.
Hearings

For the seventh edition, The Voice had its best audience on February 10, 2018 with 6.4 million fans (31.2% of PDAs). Its worst score was recorded on April 21, during the first live broadcast, with 3.9 million viewers (24.4% of PDAs).

Edited by Loo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://koztimes.com/the-voice-8-soprano-and-mika-make-the-show-julien-clerc-incredible-a-new-rule-that-will-turn-everything-upside-down-there-has-been-records/10405/

image.thumb.png.4fdd8bf7e79dd1098f5dd931bd80ae46.png

The complicity, jokes, enriching exchanges… The Voice 8 risk makes a lot of noise !

We spent a few hours on the set of the Voice 8 and loved it ! For this new season, the production has orchestrated some changes. At the level of the coaches, Soprano and Julien Clerc landed and join Jenifer and Mika ! From the first minutes, we note that the atmosphere is there. It laughs, exchange on the rap or the hard rock, it is battle of the talents… in Short, they make the show. (To tell you, we even saw Julien Clerc do a dab…) Next to musical programming, prepare to be surprised : “This year, it’s 60% new songs!!!” we confirm Matthew Grelier, the director of programmes of ITV Studios France. Actually, the talent resume of the SCH, Eddy de Pretto or even Christine and the Queens and it’s good !

The Voice 8 : Soprano et Mika font le show, Julien Clerc incroyable, une nouvelle règle qui va tout chambouler... On a assisté aux enregistrements

Most importantly, they all come from completely different (even more than previous seasons). We discover an opera singer, a Tahitian manic, a character from a musical is exuberant, a performer masked face… You will take full eyes ! To make it a bit more exciting, the production has put in place a new rule : the block. Mika, Jenifer, Soprano or Julien Clerc can “block” the buzz of one of their own, only once during the hearings to the blind. Thus, they prevent the talent from joining a coach and thus have more chance of having them in their team. And that’s not all, Matthew Grelier has also entrusted us with the implementation of a new test which should play on the nerves of the coaches just after the first step… We can’t wait to see it !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is my review. It won’t be very long because I don’t speak French so I don’t know what they were talking about but I can say what in general was going on.

We sat in The Voice audience at around 7 pm and we were taught when we suppose to applause the contestants and other organizational things. Then Kendji Girac and Claudio Capeo were singing their song Que Dieu Me Padronne. Coaches appeared around 8 pm and they sang together Fench song, sorry I don't know the title. Then the whole show has began.

First performing contestant chose Mika for his coach and Mika was so surprised and happy that he hit himself in the eye area. After the performing 3 girls came to him with tissues and poultice. It was really funny to watch like people are running around him many times. :lmfao: The girls with the tissues, makeup ladies, someone with a fan, new water, someone to fix his hair. Seriously, no other coach had such care around himself like Mika. Don’t know whether it’s the ‘star’ thing that everyone were jumping around him like puppies? One time someone from the staff brought Mika a pill, don’t know what for, was he ill or something?

About the music. Some talents were better some have been worse. It was hard to concentrate while I’ve been watching at Mika all the time. :wub: By the way, me and my friend had really good seats because whether Mika was turned or not we could see him. I remember that there was a boy who came to The Voice 4 years ago but none of the chairs turned around and now every coach pushed the button for him. There was also a blonde girl called Coco who was talking with Mika a lot, there was a lot of laugh and she also chose Mika eventually (still don’t know what they were talking about. I will probably find out when the show appears on tv and our team translate it).:teehee::lmfao:

The new button thing. As you probably already heard there are 3 buttons on each chair assigned to each coach. Every coach can use the buttons only once on the rest coaches for the whole blind auditions or for the whole season (don’t remember exactly). Pushing the button block the coach and the contestant cannot choose him. Mika already used his button on Jennifer but he still can use two other buttons on Soprano and Julien.

During one of the breaks Mika started to talk to fans on the audience a little bit and this was our chance to be noticed by him. When he was asking where other fans are coming from I shouted Poland. He was really surprised where we are coming from because most of fans were from France or Italy. He looked like...:biggrin2:

tumblr_nlosq4EGuR1r4szcho2_400.thumb.gif.959af4a3e024932680aa9adbbdd24c50.gif

After the recording we quickly got out from the studio to wait for our Mika outside. Fortunately, there weren’t that many people yet and we stood in the first row by the railings. While we were waiting other coaches were leaving the studio. Jennifer on motorbike just waved to us. We didn’t see Julien tho. Soprano stopped for a moment and took some pics but let’s be honest everyone were waiting for Mika. Finally he came and what happened next was pure magic. I was surprised that I didn’t forget how to speak standing in front of him. From this place I would like to thank to the other fans that they let us peacefully talk with Mika. There was no shouting, screaming, everyone was waiting calmly for their turn. So THANK YOU for that, it really meant a lot to us. The rest are just beautiful memories. :cloud:

That’s all I can say. I hope you like it. :wink2:

Edited by Dominika
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 8

Oh, thank you Dominika!  :thumb_yello:  :huglove:  :flowers2:
It's a very good report, certainly because you didn't understand the language so you captured the emotions!
I also appreciated that there was no screaming at the exit. Like what, it's possible to see and talk to Mika in peace and quiet.

It's good to have said you were from Poland, he'll remember you the other times. Now Anna can do the same, so you're sure to have a concert at home next year!

Edited by Loo
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Loo said:

Oh, thank you Dominika!  :thumb_yello:  :huglove:  :flowers2:
It's a very good report, certainly because you didn't understand the language so you captured the emotions!
I also appreciated that there was no screaming at the exit. Like what, it's possible to see and talk to Mika in peace and quiet.

Have you been there too @Loo?

Thank you @Dominika for your report! I was waiting impatiently for it! I wanted to know your impression and what have happened inside.

Loo is right, if you don't understand the language, you can concentrate on emotions. It's important too, and sometimes things may be missed by those who are focused on words :bleh:

I regret I was not there the first day. I love Claudio Capeo and I would be very happy to see him on stage. Kendji - I like him too, he was discovered by Mika!

You made me laugh when you said that all assistants were runnimg around Mika - it looks he is the most valued coach not only for us :bleh:

You represented Poland on the first day, so I will close the recording :yes: I hope I will be able to talk to him - it may be funny to see Mika's reaction when he all of sudden meets several Polish fans in Paris :lmao: 

As for Mika's eye, one of the articles said that the collar of his jacket bumped his eye.

If yo recall any other interesting moment, please add some more!!!!

• Like 4