MIKA at Firenze Wired Next Fest - Sept. 30, 2018!

dcdeb

I like what MIKA says about his new alb. which will be released in 2019: "it will become my life for the next three years" :clap:I'd like to think that he means it will be a fulltime job, which includes tours and concerts "everywhere"...:blush-anim-cl: Exciting times ahead...:mf_lustslow: 

Love, love

me  

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

:bow:Hope anyone translate the interview please.

I also hope that, it was a great interview :thumb_yello:  As always, it's never boring and every time there's something special and genuine to find out from these kind of events. It was interesting to hear details about the new album, his life in Italy, his opinion about the interaction on social media, and the response he gets from some people online. Mocking him constantly and joking about silly things it's not funny and even if it looks surprising, he also feels bad about that, like any other human being.  

Even if it lasted more than it was planned, it's still feeling too short. And I'm not sure if it's just me, but the interviewer seemed dull and confused at some point. Good thing that Mika can talk free and about any subject without needing too many questions :teehee:

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, krysady said:

I also hope that, it was a great interview :thumb_yello:  As always, it's never boring and every time there's something special and genuine to find out from these kind of events. It was interesting to hear details about the new album, his life in Italy, his opinion about the interaction on social media, and the response he gets from some people online. Mocking him constantly and joking about silly things it's not funny and even if it looks surprising, he also feels bad about that, like any other human being.  

Even if it lasted more than it was planned, it's still feeling too short. And I'm not sure if it's just me, but the interviewer seemed dull and confused at some point. Good thing that Mika can talk free and about any subject without needing too many questions :teehee:

Yes, me too would like to understand every detail of this!  :blush-anim-cl: And yes,  MIKA must be a dream to interview - always answers so well, and talks  so easily...:mf_lustslow: 

Love, love

me

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

FACEBOOK video

:bow:Hope anyone translate the interview please.

ARTICLE TRANSLATED ::
In Florence, where he took to the stage of the Wired Next Fest on the final day of events with general enthusiasm, Mika is at home and it's no exaggeration to say. Last January, in fact, the singer of Lebanese origin received from the mayor of the city Dario Nardella at Palazzo Vecchio the honor of the keys to the city.
The Wired Next Fest as an excellent opportunity to be in Florence and talk about music, its sound, refined but simple and able to touch the hearts of the audience. Rare release, because, as confirmed by the artist, "I'm hidden because after all these years of TV, I want to write, put everything back in order; I came out publicly only twice before the Fest.
Even for an artist of fame and global level, like Mika, simplicity, the theme of this edition of the Florentine Wired Next Fest, is a complex subject, in music but also in the private sector. As he admits in front of the audience of the Salone dei Cinquecento, simplicity is "the most complicated word in the world, it takes a lot to get to simplicity; it's the biggest challenge of my life, to find it in a song but also in an emotional decision".
The singer is finishing writing his new album, "it will become my life for the next three years". It will be released in 2019, he started writing it two years ago. It will be an extremely personal album, says the singer, "I will say very intimate things, it will be super pop and super colorful, I don't know how it will go, it's different from the one that runs on the radio now.
I'll say things I've never said, not even in interviews". The last studio album dates back to 2015, No Place in Heaven; once the writing is over it will proceed with the production; for the occasion he called even the closest collaborators to come and work in Italy, where he balances the professional commitments with other more earthly and simple things but only apparently. Yet, returning again to the theme of simplicity, he states that "a simple thing does not exist, to be simple we end up making generalizations. Simplicity doesn't exist at all, life is complicated; but if you find a chance to understand all the mess around you, you can organize yourself and react more clearly to events. Our personal philosophy gives meaning to life, otherwise it doesn't.
The years pass and the advantages of technology, in music, make the pair with the memories and the differences of the first years of profession. He tells the audience: "I wrote my first album at home, the demos have become records. Now I've decided to go back to writing a whole album at home, in the States. But I also love being in Europe and writing here. With technology you record the first reflection of a piece and capture the birth of a piece is beautiful. I personally saw the technological leap, that there was, before there were more decisions to make, but also more care; today it is different, on the one hand it is simpler, on the other".
Perceived as an artist also linked to Italy, because even in our country he lives and works, Mika does not deny a joke about the current situation and the perception of a certain Italian change. She acknowledges that "in some ways, yes, Italy has changed. I found myself in a country with a mix, which brings together North and South, for me this European corridor is a huge part of Italian beauty. I feel at home in this Anglo-Lebanese cultural topography. I don't like the culture of fear that I see, the culture of fear, of bad information, but it doesn't happen only here".
For the fans all that remains is to deceive the wait, also because Mika doesn't like to reveal too much, especially on social platforms, because "this interface gives me anxiety; you write something and there's a reaction right away, it's a sort of mental torture. Whatever you can say, you don't have time to argue.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ladyolivier said:

For the sub team and anyone else who wants it: here's the video with the sound re-synced. The video was ahead of the audio, so all I had to do to sync it was put his giggles in slow motion :lmfao:

https://mega.nz/#!YjAiiCzK!63oGaX0HXPBhgAdosJeL28jGSSQ8l56V61o-4SE6tXg

Thank you so much :hug:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Thank you so much :hug:

Happy to help! I feel sometimes like I just lurk on this forum and consume all the great work everyone else does, I'm always very happy when I can help or contribute or any small way.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Digital Love ♫ said:

Thank you for sharing the translations. Very much looking forward to next year !!!

That's just a summary of the interview, not the entire translation :wink2:

• Like 1

As you can see thanks to the Wired Facebook's page, the Mika's participation at the Wired Next Fest was very interesting, funny and emotional and I'm very happy to be there and hear him sing Billy Brown live, after a long time. :fangurl:

I loved the part about the disease of the olive trees: "la pesta" and the "fertilisation" of the land... :doh: I imagined Mika farmer after Mika taxi driver! :lmfao:Only our BOSS! :fisch::biggrin2:

20181001_085706.jpg

20180930_214346.jpg

20180930_214332.jpg

20180930_214312.jpg

20180930_194532.jpg

20180930_191117.jpg

20180930_214829.jpg

IMG_20181001_100045_601.jpg

20181001_093614.jpg

20181001_092800.jpg

20180930_084917.jpg

20180930_135520.jpg

20181001_092333.jpg

20180930_230308.jpg

20180930_055830.jpg

20181001_125133.jpg

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Gabry74 said:

As you can see thanks to the Wired Facebook's page, the Mika's participation at the Wired Next Fest was very interesting, funny and emotional and I'm very happy to be there and hear him sing Billy Brown live, after a long time. :fangurl:

I loved the part about the disease of the olive trees: "la pesta" and the "fertilisation" of the land... :doh: I imagined Mika farmer after Mika taxi driver! :lmfao:Only our BOSS! :fisch::biggrin2:

20181001_085706.jpg

20180930_214346.jpg

20180930_214332.jpg

20180930_214312.jpg

20180930_194532.jpg

20180930_191117.jpg

20180930_214829.jpg

IMG_20181001_100045_601.jpg

20181001_093614.jpg

20181001_092800.jpg

20180930_084917.jpg

20180930_135520.jpg

20181001_092333.jpg

20180930_230308.jpg

20180930_055830.jpg

20181001_125133.jpg

:thumb_yello: Thanks for sharing your MIKA sunday with us! :flowers2: MIKA seems so happy to see you, both inside and outside the Palazzo Vecchio ! :mf_lustslow:  Must have been a really nice experience...:blush-anim-cl: 

Love, love

me

• Like 6