I wrote an article about Casa Mika!

ladyolivier

For the longest time I've had the thought that I wanted someone to write about Mika, this fandom, and Casa Mika/the impact of Casa Mika. I finally thought, no one else is going to write it, so I will! I have a tumblr called "Bad Bad Movies" which I started to write reviews and articles about movies and TV shows I love. I really love bad old sci fi films, so that's what I named my blog. I've got some posts about bad sci fi in my drafts, but this is my first post because I felt like it was just inside me and I had to get it out. I really love writing and loved writing papers for my University classes, and now that I've graduated I really missed writing things. What I've wanted was specifically for someone to write a journalistic, almost academic essay about Casa Mika and all it means to people, so that's the perspective I wrote it from - a sort of neutral journalistic perspective and as if I was talking to an audience who had no idea who Mika was. Hopefully if my blog attracts some followers and becomes popular some other people will read this and maybe check the show out! But of course y'all should be the first to read it, because no one else will appreciate it more! Warning: it's rather long :lmfao:

Hope you all enjoy!

http://badbadmovies.tumblr.com/post/178330041491/themagicofmika

• Like 21

I'm reading and it's already beautiful! :flowers2:

Did you ever think of getting yourself published by developing this text a little more?

I also loved that the first article was about Mika (more than casaMika) and that the theme of your blog was: "Monster movies, weird media, obscure media, and all the murder mysteries I can get my hands on. This blog is mostly about monster movies, but that other stuff will make an appearance too."  Parapraxis?

What is for sure, it is that on this forum we find beautiful writer's quills! :wub2:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ladyolivier said:

For the longest time I've had the thought that I wanted someone to write about Mika, this fandom, and Casa Mika/the impact of Casa Mika. I finally thought, no one else is going to write it, so I will! I have a tumblr called "Bad Bad Movies" which I started to write reviews and articles about movies and TV shows I love. I really love bad old sci fi films, so that's what I named my blog. I've got some posts about bad sci fi in my drafts, but this is my first post because I felt like it was just inside me and I had to get it out. I really love writing and loved writing papers for my University classes, and now that I've graduated I really missed writing things. What I've wanted was specifically for someone to write a journalistic, almost academic essay about Casa Mika and all it means to people, so that's the perspective I wrote it from - a sort of neutral journalistic perspective and as if I was talking to an audience who had no idea who Mika was. Hopefully if my blog attracts some followers and becomes popular some other people will read this and maybe check the show out! But of course y'all should be the first to read it, because no one else will appreciate it more! Warning: it's rather long :lmfao:

Hope you all enjoy!

http://badbadmovies.tumblr.com/post/178330041491/themagicofmika

thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with us. You wrote down many things what I felt but never was able to put into words :flowers2:

• Like 6

OMM this is something amazing you wrote @ladyolivier. Thank you so much for the beautiful way you expressed so many things we Mika fans deeply feel but do not always find the right words to define. This is so true and so moving and I smiled and shed a tear while reading you as at a Mika gig or while watching Casa Mika. The only thing I would object to is Mika being conforting like a cup of tea...he is much more conforting than any tea cup...I understand what you mean but I would never go out of my way for the smile of a tea cup as I do for Mika's  :teehee: I remember Mika saying he would even be able to flirt with a coffee cup in his young days, but in all honesty his smile is a lot sexier than a cup of tea to me :wink2: 

Do you mind if I share the link to your blog on fb and twitter? It is heart warming and I would love as many Mika fans as possible to read it plus it might motivate people who don't know him yet to get to know his work and appreciate it :biggrin2:

I would also love to translate it in French for French speakers to understand it well if that's ok with you? 

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dominika said:

Wooow that was hell of a reading! You did REALLY REALLY good job :thumb_yello:I think that a lot of fans here share the same thoughts about Mika and his work. You just summed it up perfectly, bravo! :clap:

4 hours ago, Sabine64 said:

thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with us. You wrote down many things what I felt but never was able to put into words :flowers2:

3 hours ago, krysady said:

@ladyolivier Great blog, thanks for sharing with us! :flowers2: I'm sure that if Mika would get to read it, it would bring a warm smile on his face :thumb_yello: 

1 hour ago, A. Clay said:

B R A V O !

54 minutes ago, Paoletta said:

my compliments!!!:thumb_yello:  Casa Mika is the best programe  26646_600.gif 

Thank you all so so much! I had a lot of fun writing it so it makes me so happy that it's good!

8 hours ago, Loo said:

I'm reading and it's already beautiful! :flowers2:

Did you ever think of getting yourself published by developing this text a little more?

I also loved that the first article was about Mika (more than casaMika) and that the theme of your blog was: "Monster movies, weird media, obscure media, and all the murder mysteries I can get my hands on. This blog is mostly about monster movies, but that other stuff will make an appearance too."  Parapraxis?

What is for sure, it is that on this forum we find beautiful writer's quills! :wub2:

Yeah, it really was supposed to be about monster movies but Mika, as he often does, took over :lmfao: I have some monster movie reviews in my drafts so I'll be steering it back towards the description eventually.

The closest I've come to being published is handing in many, many English papers LOL. I take that as a great compliment, thank you!

33 minutes ago, Dominika said:

I was thinking whether you may share with us what are the responses on your blog about the article from not Mika fans ? It would be interesting what they think about it :wink2:

I absolutely will! I have exactly 0 followers on my blog as it's really just a side project so I have a place to publish all the reviews and such I find myself wanting to write, but if I get any responses from non-fans I will certainly pass them on.

2 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

OMM this is something amazing you wrote @ladyolivier. Thank you so much for the beautiful way you expressed so many things we Mika fans deeply feel but do not always find the right words to define. This is so true and so moving and I smiled and shed a tear while reading you as at a Mika gig or while watching Casa Mika. The only thing I would object to is Mika being conforting like a cup of tea...he is much more conforting than any tea cup...I understand what you mean but I would never go out of my way for the smile of a tea cup as I do for Mika's  :teehee: I remember Mika saying he would even be able to flirt with a coffee cup in his young days, but in all honesty his smile is a lot sexier than a cup of tea to me :wink2: 

Do you mind if I share the link to your blog on fb and twitter? It is heart warming and I would love as many Mika fans as possible to read it plus it might motivate people who don't know him yet to get to know his work and appreciate it :biggrin2:

I would also love to translate it in French for French speakers to understand it well if that's ok with you? 

Please do! You are more than welcome to share on twitter and facebook etc! And omg, I would be so flattered if you wanted to translate it. It's very long, that's quite a task! But I would be thrilled and flattered. If translating it is something you feel like taking on,  be my guest!

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Gemz said:

This was a very interesting read!  I didn't know Mika had a TV show in Italy😮 so I'm looking forward to watching! Does anyone have a link to the thread of episodes with English subtitles?

Look for the episodes here:

:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paoletta said:

Casa Mika is the best programe

Indeed, I often think that this is the perfect show to be send into a space ship out to the Universe, I bet even the aliens would love it :naughty:  Now I imagine them watching Casa Mika in a daze state, with blue snot running down their green faces, laughing and crying at the same time  👽 :teehee:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

So unique
so intelligent
so complicated...so simple
so serious....so funny
so so so
ecc.
so COLOURFUL...

thank you very much for sharing your perspective, it was like 234495692346 cup of hot tea...:lmfao:
Mika will probably fall in love :wub2:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ladyolivier said:

Thank you all so so much! I had a lot of fun writing it so it makes me so happy that it's good!

Yeah, it really was supposed to be about monster movies but Mika, as he often does, took over :lmfao: I have some monster movie reviews in my drafts so I'll be steering it back towards the description eventually.

The closest I've come to being published is handing in many, many English papers LOL. I take that as a great compliment, thank you!

I absolutely will! I have exactly 0 followers on my blog as it's really just a side project so I have a place to publish all the reviews and such I find myself wanting to write, but if I get any responses from non-fans I will certainly pass them on.

Please do! You are more than welcome to share on twitter and facebook etc! And omg, I would be so flattered if you wanted to translate it. It's very long, that's quite a task! But I would be thrilled and flattered. If translating it is something you feel like taking on,  be my guest!

I am so glad Mika took over :biggrin2: Thanks a lot for allowing me to share and translate :hug: it will be a pleasure :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, krysady said:

Indeed, I often think that this is the perfect show to be send into a space ship out to the Universe, I bet even the aliens would love it :naughty:  Now I imagine them watching Casa Mika in a daze state, with blue snot running down their green faces, laughing and crying at the same time  👽 :teehee:

I agree :floor: I'm sure they would save our planet thanks to Casa Mika :thumb_yello:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Dear @ladyolivier, I wish I had the words to describe how this article made me feel, but I'm afraid words will fail me, so to begin I want to give you a genuine, heartfelt thank you. 

Many parts moved me to the point I felt like crying. Your admiration, love and respect for Mika and his art are central and I love that you managed to merge your emotions and subjective perspective on him with an objective analysis of who Mika is and what he represents to us all. What I loved the most is your description about his authenticity and realism and how that makes feel people better, truly better, 'cause they know someone finally gets them. As others already said, you put into words things I always felt and I've never been able to express. I deeply wish he could read this :hug:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Omg, y’all are gonna make me cry! Thank you so much for all the incredibly kind words! I really got great joy from writing this essay because I felt like it was something I just had to get out. I’m so absolutely flattered that it meant so much to everyone. Especially the comments that you wish Mika could read it - that might be the highest compliment  you can bestow. You’re all so lovely, thank you 💗

6 hours ago, sara09 said:

Dear @ladyolivier, I wish I had the words to describe how this article made me feel, but I'm afraid words will fail me, so to begin I want to give you a genuine, heartfelt thank you. 

Many parts moved me to the point I felt like crying. Your admiration, love and respect for Mika and his art are central and I love that you managed to merge your emotions and subjective perspective on him with an objective analysis of who Mika is and what he represents to us all. What I loved the most is your description about his authenticity and realism and how that makes feel people better, truly better, 'cause they know someone finally gets them. As others already said, you put into words things I always felt and I've never been able to express. I deeply wish he could read this :hug:

Wow, I don’t even know what to say. You are so welcome, thank YOU.

• Like 9

On 9/22/2018 at 5:31 AM, ladyolivier said:

What I've wanted was specifically for someone to write a journalistic, almost academic essay about Casa Mika and all it means to people, so that's the perspective I wrote it from - a sort of neutral journalistic perspective and as if I was talking to an audience who had no idea who Mika was.

I really enjoyed reading it and mostly because it's written that way - as an academic essay, and a good one. I read many bad journal articles lately that it was a pleasure reading such a good piece of paper despite its length.

I also loved your will to explain who Mika is to an hypothetical unaware audience in a neutral way - it's not easy being objective when you love something (talking in general), but it's important when you're not specifically talking to someone who share your love.

I'm very busy atm and I don't log here on MFC every day, but I read your article after several groups shared it. Then I shared it on socials too, even if I am "late", because it's really worth reading :wink2: I agree with what other ppl already said, Mika should read it and I'm sure he would really appreciate it :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by Siri
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Siri said:

I really enjoyed reading it and mostly because it's written that way - as an academic essay, and a good one. I read many bad journal articles lately that it was a pleasure reading such a good piece of paper despite its length.

I also loved your will to explain who Mika is to an hypothetical unaware audience in a neutral way - it's not easy being objective when you love something (talking in general), but it's important when you're not specifically talking to someone who share your love.

I'm very busy atm and I don't log here on MFC every day, but I read your article after several groups shared it. Then I shared it on socials too, even if I am "late", because it's really worth reading :wink2: I agree with what other ppl already said, Mika should read it and I'm sure he would really appreciate it :blush-anim-cl:

Wow, I didn't even realize until seeing this how many places it had been shared. I went around and responded to as many as I could identifying myself and have added links at the bottom of the essay with links to my socials so people can find me. I'm overwhelmed with...all this. I'm melting. So much love.

Edited by ladyolivier
  • Like 4