New album Mika next year 2019

Paoletta

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/2/2018 at 4:57 AM, Kumazzz said:

Guys work in a studio for mixing NEW sounds, don't they ?

They are mixing "Sound of An Orchestra" for La Compagnia del Cigno.

The song will probably be into the new album, I think.

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

I don't think that song will be on the new album, it was just written for that project.

I have this feeling that it won't be long before we get to hear some song teasers.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, silver said:

I don't think that song will be on the new album, it was just written for that project.

I have this feeling that it won't be long before we get to hear some song teasers.

I can't wait for the teasers :excite:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Dominika said:

I think that It's My House and The Sound Of An Orchestra may be put as extra tracks for italian edition of the new album.

Im actually not a fan of “it’s my house” (don’t kill me) but I did find strasera Casa Mika a bit cringe. (I watched it anyway because I’m a fan lmao). I wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t on the English release. A lot of English fans would probably find it confusing anyway because not too many have heard of Casa Mika. Most English fans are lgbt and read his articles English language magazines only so won’t be aware of stuff happening in Europe. The happy music with sad lyrics reminds me of ‘life in cartoon motion” so maybe he’s returning to his earlier sound. No place in heaven was very 80s and origin of love was more modern techno pop. I’m probably gonna be obsessed with whatever he brings out tho lmao 

Edited by WeirdChild
Typos because dyslexia sucks
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, WeirdChild said:

Im actually not a fan of “it’s my house” (don’t kill me) but I did find strasera Casa Mika a bit cringe. (I watched it anyway because I’m a fan lmao). I wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t on the English release. A lot of English fans would probably find it confusing anyway because not too many have heard of Casa Mika. Most English fans are lgbt and read his articles English language magazines only so won’t be aware of stuff happening in Europe. The happy music with sad lyrics reminds me of ‘life in cartoon motion” so maybe he’s returning to his earlier sound. No place in heaven was very 80s and origin of love was more modern techno pop. I’m probably gonna be obsessed with whatever he brings out tho lmao 

You're probably right about English fans. I'm surprised that more fans have heard about Mika judging in The Voice than releasing Casa Mika.

About the albums , I really like that each Mika album  has different sound (maybe except the first two). I'm curious what he will come up to with the new one :biggrin2:

1 minute ago, Dominika said:

You're probably right about English fans. I'm surprised that more fans have heard about Mika judging in The Voice than releasing Casa Mika.

About the albums , I really like that each Mika album  has different sound (maybe except the first two). I'm curious what he will come up to with the new one :biggrin2:

I’m curious too :) one of the main reasons his albums take longer than other people’s is because he writes his own songs. Lots of people don’t do that. I think the way his albums have changed have shown how he has matured and grown as a human being. 

• Like 4

Just now, WeirdChild said:

I’m curious too :) one of the main reasons his albums take longer than other people’s is because he writes his own songs. Lots of people don’t do that. I think the way his albums have changed have shown how he has matured and grown as a human being. 

Exactly!

I agree with you about writing his own stuff but I also have my own theory why it takes so long. I think that through past years he struggled with many things in his life like bullying, sexual orientation. Now he is a happy, fulfilled, having a good life man so it's harder to find an inspiration. But you know, it's just a thought. I hope he will amaze us once again :wink2:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dominika said:

Exactly!

I agree with you about writing his own stuff but I also have my own theory why it takes so long. I think that through past years he struggled with many things in his life like bullying, sexual orientation. Now he is a happy, fulfilled, having a good life man so it's harder to find an inspiration. But you know, it's just a thought. I hope he will amaze us once again :wink2:

Yeah, also when your dyslexic you are really creative and have loads of ideas but you just can’t physicalky write it down. That’s why my fanfiction account is so bad. People complain at me to update and then 5 years later I still haven’t because every time I sit down I only wrote a sentence lmao

1 hour ago, WeirdChild said:

Yeah, also when your dyslexic you are really creative and have loads of ideas but you just can’t physicalky write it down. That’s why my fanfiction account is so bad. People complain at me to update and then 5 years later I still haven’t because every time I sit down I only wrote a sentence lmao 

So don't write, use a dictaphone. :wink2:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dominika said:

I think that It's My House and The Sound Of An Orchestra may be put as extra tracks for italian edition of the new album.

or

possibly into Songbook vol.2 ??? :rolleyes:

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

He is already posting a lot of stories on Instagram from the studio and about recording the new album. Whoop whoop! I'm soooo curious and can't wait!! I Googled everywhere but couldn't find a thing about a release date (maybe that's to early) or release period (is it still in 2019?). We all know he's busy with it and it will come, but no one knows when! Or does any of you have more information about this new album, maybe he talked about it on French or Italian television? 😇

11 minutes ago, Marika said:

He is already posting a lot of stories on Instagram from the studio and about recording the new album. Whoop whoop! I'm soooo curious and can't wait!! I Googled everywhere but couldn't find a thing about a release date (maybe that's to early) or release period (is it still in 2019?). We all know he's busy with it and it will come, but no one knows when! Or does any of you have more information about this new album, maybe he talked about it on French or Italian television? 😇

Everything we know at the moment comes from his Instagram videos! A few months ago, he talked about the album in a French interview, saying it will be out in 2019, followed by a tour. Here's the link with subtitles, in case you missed it :) 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mikasister said:

October 4th 2019 titled "My Name Is Michael"

*Michael Holbrook, don't forget! :biggrin2:

Screenshot_20190531-095444_Calendar.thumb.jpg.90d7727c74c23ba5213167984a6afd61.jpg

I have marked it in my calendar on Friday... :naughty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mika Store Officiel

https://www.difymusic.com/mika

crop.img_7ad739701c80181ad6f37d8fe261daec.thumb.jpg.48ffd012693b457286a15bdd7928b9b0.jpg

Description :

Mika REVIENT avec un nouvel album My Name Is Michael Holbrook dont le 1er single « ICE CREAM » est un nouvel hymne pop, irrésistible, turbulent et provocateur.
Fruit de deux années d'écriture entre Miami, Londres et la campagne toscane, « My name is Michael Holbrook » nous mènera à découvrir l'essentiel de l'identité de Mika, à partir de son véritable nom, dans un album sur lequel l’artiste exprime plus que jamais ses talents d’auteur-compositeurs et de mélodiste hors pair.

Vinyle https://www.difymusic.com/mika#!vinyle-edition-standard

| LP standard My Name Is Michael Holbrook

18,99 €

crop.img_18b85b6c9444ebb9cc8a7db665159c02.thumb.png.8d9d934ddccba3510d90b080c704b4af.png

CD https://www.difymusic.com/mika#!cd-album-my-name-is-michael-holbrook

| Album My Name Is Michael Holbrook

14,99 €

crop.img_ad9dcec14f58cbd10d0c95c2adb83da7.thumb.png.6c437ebfcaaff0cefc814c5e97d23193.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was poking around on BMI cuz of reasons and i noticed a few songs in Mika's entry that I hadn't noticed before. http://repertoire.bmi.com/Catalog.aspx?detail=writerid&page=1&fromrow=1&torow=25&keyid=976175&subid=0

"Ice Cream" is there now. Could these others be songs for the new album too???? :excite:

“IN BETWEEN”
TITLE DETAIL
BMI Work # 25810951
ISWC # T-923005156-6
Total Controlled by BMI: 50.01%
SONGWRITER/COMPOSER    CURRENT AFFILIATION    CAE/IPI #
BEVAN FIONA MACKAY BARCLAY    PRS    532222399
PENNIMAN MICHAEL HOLBROOK    BMI    477236431
QUARMBY JONATHAN HUGH    ASCAP    336273564

“SHOW ME”
TITLE DETAIL
BMI Work # 25810953
ISWC # T-923005157-7
Total Controlled by BMI: 50.01%
BEVAN FIONA MACKAY BARCLAY    PRS    532222399
QUARMBY JONATHAN HUGH    ASCAP    336273564

Fiona & Johnathan co-wrote It's My House as well. 

“STAY HIGH”
TITLE DETAIL
BMI Work # 29853359
ISWC # T-928156338-0
Total Controlled by BMI: 66.67%
CREW MARK BLAIR    PRS    725321468
PRIDDY DAN    PRS    565943216

“CRY”
TITLE DETAIL
BMI Work # 29853357
ISWC # T-928156336-8
Total Controlled by BMI: 66.67%
CREW MARK BLAIR    PRS    725321468
PRIDDY DAN    PRS    565943216

We know Mika's been working with Mark & Dan on new songs recently.

“CLOTHES OFF”
TITLE
TITLE DETAIL
BMI Work # 22581813
ISWC # T-919700759-3
Total Controlled by BMI: 100.00%
FOWNES LAUREN    BMI    241218996
JEBERG JONAS    ASCAP    253690949
STONESTREET SKYLER    BMI    503539080

This one might be a little older (Skyler co-wrote several NPIH-era songs) but I'm putting this one here anyway just in case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2