cinéma

miknikel

Hi Alba. You can tell me what you think about it , please. I read a biography a short time ago. I really liked it. But in a movie, I'm afraid I might have trouble adopting an actor as Freddie. He was such a character !       :das:      

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, miknikel said:

Hi Alba. You can tell me what you think about it , please. I read a biography a short time ago. I really liked it. But in a movie, I'm afraid I might have trouble adopting an actor as Freddie. He was such a character !       :das:      

:thumb_yello:

3 hours ago, miknikel said:

And what do you think about it ?

It was not what I expected, to be honest.... I am a big fan of Freddie but the movie is not doing justice to his big personality and character. The majority of the audience left the cinema a bit disappointed :sad:  The most impressive thing was the performance of Rami Malek , he was absolutely brilliant playing Freddie and the concerts scenes are remarkable, but overall the movie lacks the magic. Freddie deserves much more. As some critic said : " Rami Malek Shines in a Disappointing Biopic."  

Anyway, opinions could be different, this is only my view :wink2: If you're going I would like to hear yours.

Edited by krysady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw the movie and I thought it was fantastic. It was really funny and I can look over some of the errors in timing such as Freddie having the short hair and moustache during ‘We will rock you’, mostly because they were covering from the late 60s/ early 70s when Freddie joined Smile, all the way to live aid in 1985 and that’s a really long time to compress into a couple of hours.

Some of the Mary Austen scenes were a bit much though. I get that they were close and that She was Freddie’s best friend but their friendship seemed creepy. The lights thing and the constant jealousy every time one of them dated someone else just made it the strangest thing. Some of the scenes made me feel a bit uncomfortable lmao.

as a Freddie Mercury fan I was waiting to see Jim Hutton, (the man Freddie gave a ring too and called his husband) and although they changed him from a barber to a waiter, I like how they had his character interact with Freddie. They also made their meeting a bit more PG than it was in real life 😂

I know this is really long, but I am a really big fan of Queen and Freddie and had been looking forward to the film for ages. I think Rami Malek was the perfect choice for Freddie and I think he did a really good job. 

Would love to hear other people’s opinions!

Jack

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to say that I didn't know much about Queen before , I just know Frieddie persona very briefly and can name the most popular songs but that's it. I did some research before watching the movie (didn't want to be complately green) and I'm glad I did because I could notice certain things like the meaning of portrait Marlene Dietrich hanging on the wall in Frieedie's house (yeah I know for fans it is not surprising :D).

I think Rami Malek did a very good job. I know him from other movies and I was curious how he manage with this role but he definitely nailed it.

Hard for me to talk about relations between members of the band but like @WeirdChild said there was too much of Mary and Freddie. Anyone can understand their strong bound but enough is enough.

To me this movie shows Freddie as very lost person overwhelmed by fame and success, very arrogant, confused by his sexuality but in the same time very talentad man, ambitious and visionairy. Maybe the movie was supposed to show him as it did but his life situation definitely was much more complicated. Maybe if there were other people around him during difficult times his story wouldn't end up like it did. Such a big lost for music industry. So these are my thoughts as a non fan of Queen :wink2:

By the way have you heard that songs singing during the movie are the mix of Rami's and Freddie's voice? That's pretty amazing. I think that fans' ears can hear the differences but for me it was great! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dominika said:

Such a big lost for music industry

That was on everyone's lips at the exit, what a shame that such a huge talent died so soon :emot-sad:  

3 hours ago, Dominika said:

By the way have you heard that songs singing during the movie are the mix of Rami's and Freddie's voice?

Yes, Rami got canto lessons for this movie and he did a great job, I was impressed too :original:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/1/2018 at 7:38 PM, miknikel said:

Did anyone see the Freddie Mercury movie ?

Yes it was a great movie and won Oscar too but i think it was not the whole truth. Queen didn't fight about Freddie's solo album. They were supporting Freddie about it. But it's a movie and a movie needs some action... I understand😊

Plus, whole actors were great