Sound of an Orchestra, Lyrics & Discussion

Loo

I just heard the new song, and it's just AMAZING!! 🤪

Nothing more to say except that it's AMAZING!! 🎼🎧

Edited by Eve
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Lilyen said:

yeah.. I can agree! For me a bit "too simple", I love the beginning! and also " where his voice goes up and down."... as you wrote! 
w e l l . WHAT is missing for you @giraffeandy? I also feel sth like that.

Well, as you wrote, it's a bit too simple, the song builds up good but the chorus lets me down. However, it's catchy and it's an earworm, my brain started to play the song immediately after I woke up today... :fisch:

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Well, as you wrote, it's a bit too simple, the song builds up good but the chorus lets me down. However, it's catchy and it's an earworm, my brain started to play the song immediately after I woke up today... 

well, easy to listen:) it is POP! :)) and I love the idea of Sinfonia Pop too! : ) it HAS to be catchy :thumb_yello: so dance-able, and singable...:groupwave:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

Why not the rest? :cheer:

Baby, I like it

The way you move on the floor 

tumblr_oohd1bft1v1tksyj1o4_250.giftumblr_oohd1bft1v1tksyj1o5_250.gif

Screaming like never before

tumblr_ooa525ugGf1tksyj1o2_250.gif

:lmfao: (Unfortunately I have no idea for Come on and give me some more...)

I'm waiting for the midnight to hear the song on Spotify (Sound of an Orchestra of course, not I Like It :biggrin2:)... 

Come on and give me some more... ---> Come on and give us some more (more music please!) :lmfao:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Loo said:

We certainly don't have the same translator; knowing that Mika uses slang and tons of innuendo in her songs!
But that's good, so even children can sing it like "Lollipop".

The translator is me and it's a beautiful love song, kind of like Feels like love...Mika is not always into "hot stuff" and slang...he can also write tender love songs and I won't complain about that at all :swoon::wub2:

• Like 4

Yesterday after hearing these 30 sec I was more optimistic about the song than today when I listened the whole multiple times. I agree with @giraffeandy complately! The song is too simple. There is missing the deep of meaning. It's catchy but that's good for promoting the series. I hope new album will be much much better.

Edited by Dominika
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Well, as you wrote, it's a bit too simple, the song builds up good but the chorus lets me down. However, it's catchy and it's an earworm, my brain started to play the song immediately after I woke up today... :fisch:

The very first time I heard Relax I had found it simple but the second time I got hooked :floor: Beware of what seems simple at first :wink2: Mika said simplicity was the most difficult thing to achieve in everything is simplicity in Wired interview. I didn't find Sound of an orchestra simple, but very sophisticated with a mix of pop and classical that makes it very special and Mika using all the tonality of his voice :wub2:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dominika said:

Yesterday after hearing these 30 sec I was more optimistic about the song than today when I listened the whole multiple times. I agree with @giraffeandy complately! The song is too simple. There is missing the deep of meaning. It's catchy but that's good for promoting the series. I hope new album will be much much better.

It reminded me of a lyric from Step with me. "All your words sound like a melody" 

I wonder who he declares his love to...it could be to Andy or to us (his fans, his concert audience) as he said one of his songs would be about some of us...and "you" can be plural as well as singular. One thing is sure it makes us react anyway :naughty:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

It reminded me of a lyric from Step with me. "All your words sound like a melody" 

I wonder who he declares his love to...it could be to Andy or to us (his fans, his concert audience) as he said one of his songs would be about some of us...and "you" can be plural as well as singular. One thing is sure it makes us react anyway :naughty:

We like this new song anyway because we are craving for his new music :pray:

• Like 3

I love this song so much, that I can't stop listening to it! It gives me a feeling of warmth and happiness, an emotion similar to when I listened for the first time to Origin of Love or Good Guys, that are some of my favorite songs. I'm a little "obsessed" with his last two albums and Sinfonia Pop and now I can't wait for the next one!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Dominika said:

I also think it's rather a song for the series, therefore my expectations weren't as high as usual because even though the lyrics fit perfectly to the show, at least for me they don't feel as relatable and genuine... But everyone is free to have his own opinion of course. :wink2:  

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, giraffeandy said:

I also think it's rather a song for the series, therefore my expactations weren't as high as usual because even though the lyrics fit perfectly to the show, at least for me they don't feel as relatable and genuine... But everyone is free to have his own opinion of course. :wink2:  

YEP! :flowers2:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

The translator is me and it's a beautiful love song, kind of like Feels like love...Mika is not always into "hot stuff" and slang...he can also write tender love songs and I won't complain about that at all :swoon::wub2:

I knew you were perfectly bilingual.  :wink2:
 But from the first listening and knowing that Mika said it's a love song and that he wasn't sure the radios would want to play his album, I really saw the hidden meaning of the first verse.

"Mika is not always into "hot stuff" and slang."
On the other hand for that... I think it's true for Michael; but for Mika, I think it's false!

But that's just my opinion.  :bleh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Loo said:

I knew you were perfectly bilingual.  :wink2:
 But from the first listening and knowing that Mika said it's a love song and that he wasn't sure the radios would want to play his album, I really saw the hidden meaning of the first verse.

"Mika is not always into "hot stuff" and slang."
On the other hand for that... I think it's true for Michael; but for Mika, I think it's false!

But that's just my opinion.  :bleh:

Finally I get why you have mentioned Lollipop before... :lmfao: But I don't think that the lyrical content is the reason why he is worried about the radios, much more explicit songs are played on the radio without any problems. It's probably rather because his music doesn't fit into the mainstream nowadays. However, that's what we like about him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Finally I get why you have mentioned Lollipop before... :lmfao: But I don't think that the lyrical content is the reason why he is worried about the radios, much more explicit songs are played on the radio without any problems. It's probably rather because his music doesn't fit into the mainstream nowadays. However, that's what we like about him. 

You would have understood faster if you played the clarinet!  :roftl:

I think that his music has never been part of the musical trend of the moment, and he is not actively seeking it. At least it has its originality for him, that's good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Loo said:

You would have understood faster if you played the clarinet!  :roftl:

I think that his music has never been part of the musical trend of the moment, and he is not actively seeking it. At least it has its originality for him, that's good.

I agree but unfortunately, he used to be more relevant for radios back then than nowadays. 

I think this's a very good song for the serie :clap:I love the mixture of Pop and Sinfonia Pop. It makes me think about his wonderful concerts in both Montreal and Florence Opera - such priceless  memories, which were all the time of my life  :fisch: I suppose MIKA enjoyed making this song - remembering his many exciting and important years at the Royal College of Music in London :blush-anim-cl:  This's the best start of 2019 :thumb_yello: Thanks MIKA for such a wonderful birthday gift! :mf_lustslow:  And I feel very sure that his new alb. will not disappoint me either - can hardly wait for it to be released...:blush-anim-cl:

Love, love

me

Edited by mamiam
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, mamiam said:

I think this's a very good song for the serie :clap:I love the mixture of Pop and Sinfonia Pop. It makes me think about his wonderful concerts in both Montreal and Florence Opera - such priceless  memories, which were all the time of my life  :fisch: I suppose MIKA enjoyed making this song - remembering his many exciting and important years at the Royal College of Music in London :blush-anim-cl:  This's the best start of 2019 :thumb_yello: Thanks MIKA for such a wonderful birthday gift! :mf_lustslow:  And I feel very sure that his new alb. will not disappoint me either - can hardly wait for it to be released...:blush-anim-cl:

Love, love

me

Me too, I think this is a great song to represent the TV series but the new album will be more representative for Mika as an artist... :)

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Me too, I think this is a great song to represent the TV series but the new album will be more representative for Mika as an artist... :)

yes!! :) so agree. ! creative and a bit more complicated artist. He IS. just for noow it is PERFECT.:pinkbow:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I like a lot your translation. Some verses are even ready to sing them straight away - they follow the music :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I translated the lyrics into French but somehow I can't copy paste on MFC today :doh:so sharing from facebook

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160330009348125&id=534503124

copy and paste @crazyaboutmika thanks a million !! :flowers2:

La musique d'un orchestre

Mika

Tu descends ta main une clarinette se met à jouer

tu la relèves

et la musique s'en va à tire d'ailes

quand tu souris des violons rugissent

quand tu bouge tes jambes, des timbales résonnent

Je l'entends, je l'entends, je l'entends, je te jure.

toute cette musique que tu crée qui remplit l'athmosphère

C'est de plus en plus fort

C'est la musique d'un orchestre
Je l'entends qui joue partout où tu es
Il y a un son pour tout ce que tu fais
C'est le son de mon amour pour toi

Ecoutes le son de mon amour pour toi

Tu ne te rends pas compte de tout ce que j'entends

chaque mouvement, chaque note, chaque fois que tu es là

si je ferme les yeux je te jure que je vois

cent musiciens qui jouent et c'est seulement pour moi

Je l'entends, je l'entends, je l'entends, je te jure.

toute cette musique que tu crée qui remplit l'athmosphère

C'est de plus en fort

Ecoutes le son de mon amour pour toi

Avant même que tu dises ce que je sais que tu vas dire

il y a des sons que j'entends
qui se déroulent dans ma tête

viens tout près
sers toi contre moi

alors toute la musique dans ma tête tu l'entendras aussi

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Kumazzz

I also translated this Italian article into English and French https://video.repubblica.it/spettacoli-e-cultura/sound-of-an-orchestra-mika-e-la-musica-dell-amore-per-la-compagnia-del-cigno/323530/324150?ref=RHPPBT-VZ-I0-C4-P28-S1.4-T1&refresh_ce

It is what Mika said about Sound of an Orchestra translated in English and in French on this post but I still can't copy/paste so I posted both translations as comments here

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160331081988125&id=534503124

• Like 4