Sound of an Orchestra, Lyrics & Discussion

Loo

I found this about "Sound of an Orchestra" :thumb_yello:

https://people.bfmtv.com/musique/mika-de-retour-en-chanson-avec-sound-of-an-orchestra-1604577.html

image.thumb.png.ad6af0ed794e26097b43f9ee4e1104d4.png

Mika says: "I wanted to write a song that speaks not only about the love between two people, but also the love of music, the magic of the sounds transmitted by the gestures of the beloved".

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 1/5/2019 at 11:23 AM, tiibet said:

I'm in love with this song ❤️ I love the lyrics and think it works more than perfectly as a soundtrack for a story that tells about young musicians but also as an independent song. I love the way he's using his voice, really love it, and I'm surprised people describe this song simple, for me it sounds very complicated to sing. There are also many details in it and that's something I don't connect with simplicity (which I wouldn't mind because I find simple and simplicity very positive words). I assume this song tells nothing about the album yet but they definitely should add it to at least some versions of it. It seems like a separate project written for his friend but as everything around the song is in Italian I might have missed something he says. Anyway, so happy he has released new music and been listening to this non-stop almost two days now. 

Happy new year to all of you! 

I agree with you Nina, I think this song it fits perfectly with the tv story and first of all with the passion and love for music. I find the song very romantic, the lyrics are very poetic whether they refer to a loved one or to music and honestly I don’t see any double sense in these..anyway music communicates different contents to each one.

I love the use of various instruments that are added to form the sound of the orchestra and the use of his voice in the lower tones..This song is difficult to sing!

The second part of the song is really beautiful..and the sound is very catchy.  

I believe this single is not connected to the album that I believe is a different path...so curios to see how it will be..but this song is a good beginning!😊😍

• Like 7

11 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I agree with you :wink2: and also "It's getting louder" can be interpreted in a :chkn: y way :mf_rosetinted::stifle: 

Woah woah! I do think this many innuendos is a bit extreme but I love how the song is so layered with so many interpretations. It can be sexual and it can be simply about love.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ysara 22 said:

I found this about "Sound of an Orchestra" :thumb_yello:

https://people.bfmtv.com/musique/mika-de-retour-en-chanson-avec-sound-of-an-orchestra-1604577.html

image.thumb.png.ad6af0ed794e26097b43f9ee4e1104d4.png

Mika says: "I wanted to write a song that speaks not only about the love between two people, but also the love of music, the magic of the sounds transmitted by the gestures of the beloved".

It is absolutely magical. I think this song would be how I define love for a very long time. To be enamoured of every part of someone, the trivial routinely acts. Rain and now SOAO really set things into perspective. I love how his music always end up meaning so much for me. It's this constant presence that's comforting, the content is so relatable and euphoric. I love how he has his own unique style and there's a strange joy in listening to his songs knowing he enjoys writing them the way they are and not under the influence of the mainstream music and it's demands. 

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:09 AM, crazyaboutmika said:

I think you are a naughty girl because playing music does involve hands and clarinet doesn't it? :bleh: Of course there can always be a double meaning... I had a tiny doubt too for a second  but I don't want to get sent to the Naughty Corner :floor: Some of us did once while discussing the green bean in Boum Boum Boum long ago...

No way ?????? :roftl:

Seems I missed something somewhere …..what's about the green bean ???

By the way I love this song very much and from what we got from the film it seems to feet perfectly :thumb_yello:

I wish they 'd send this tittle to the radios as it's a catchy song but very romantic (or more ……:wink2:) as well 

• Haha 3

An another beautiful description of "Sound of an Orchestra"... :thumb_yello:

http://www.vinylemusique.fr/mika-sound-of-an-orchestra

image.thumb.png.0c704e11d1fecba11bad0a68c19e2d84.png

"Music: Singer Mika unveils a new video clip, 'Sound Of An Orchestra' to discover today on Vinyl Music TV. This new piece of Mika seduces us with its musical quality and the singular style so characteristic of the artist. We are really looking forward to making you discover it. That's why we decide, as of now, to share with you this new Mika title by getting it into programming in one of our playlists in rotation 24/24. It is very likely that 'Sound Of An Orchestra' will become one of the flagship titles, see one of the hits of the year 2019 and you will have had the privilege of discovering it in preview on our music website Vinyle Musique TV."

"If you are a fan of Mika and this new single, 'Sound Of An Orchestra', gives you the thrill, we strongly invite you to vote for him to allow him to get closer to the top spot of our ranking of the best music videos of the week, ranking based on the vote of Internet users as well as the number of displays of the video clip in the week. A new ranking is established every Sunday."

"You can right now review this Mika - Sound Of An Orchestra music video by leaving a comment, submitting a column, or any other information that may be useful about this article and will help as many people as possible. to better understand the musical universe of Mika. Feel free to share this video with your friends, because Mika deserves to be sure that we talk about him and have the maximum visibility. Thank you for Mika, thank you for your visit, good listening and, we hope, see you soon for new musical discoveries on Vinyl Music TV."

Translation with Goggle translation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Another blog

https://eqmusicblog.com/listen-sound-orchestra-mika/

EQ Music Blog logo

MIKA-759x500.jpg?x97362

Photo by Peter Lindburgh

LISTEN TO “SOUND OF AN ORCHESTRA” BY MIKA

MANDY ROGERSJANUARY 5, 2019

We’re five days into 2019 already, and this is my first blog of this brand New Year. First and foremost I wanted to return from my festive break with a jolly, upbeat song to talk about. So, given his previous good track record and when I read purveyor of wonky pop, MIKA had been teasing a new track release. I very much had my mind set on this track as being the sum of all I’ve been craving. I haven’t been disappointed by “Sound Of An Orchestra.” (Although, I did become a little distracted from writing about it quick smart as I remembered and consequently had to hunt out the video where the singer performs his track “Celebrate” backed by a vegetable orchestra.)

However, there is quite a different story in regard to MIKA’s latest dalliance with large music ensembles. Sorry to report in, to all the Vegans out there, he isn’t embracing the Veganuary vibes on this track. It has been written for an Italian TV show “La Compagnia del cigno.” As MIKA explains to the video.repubblica.it, website.

“I wanted to write a song that speaks not only of love between two people but also of love for music, of the magic of the sounds transmitted by the gestures of the beloved person.”

In listening to the lyrics of the song. I believe MIKA makes a very valid statement about associating certain sounds to emotions, actions and situations in our lives. The singer’s descriptive use of naming instruments to the movements of the cherished person he is singing about starts off quite adoringly.”You lower your hand, clarinet will play,” “when you smile, violins will soar” and then he utters the words “when you move your legs, timpani will roar” which changes the mood completely. Reminding us of what we have always loved about MIKA. His quirky nature which he seamlessly presents with immaculate musicianship in the form of song.

Lots of MIKA fans have left comments on the YouTube audio clip of this track with some mentioning their desire for a new album from the music sensation. Well, I hope these wishes are fulfilled. The fans have spoken and I too would rather like a new body of work from MIKA to guide me through whatever 2019 throws at me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, A. Clay said:

GUYS VOTE FOR MIKA's NEW SINGLE

here >--> https://creativedisc.com/2019/01/creative-disc-exclusive-single-07-jan-2019/ 

Scroll down to enter your vote. 

He's 2ND place now. Let's get him to #1 where he belongs.

[You may be able to vote only a single time]

I voted on my phone, I’ll try tomorrow on the computer at work.

he’s currently in 3rd place 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, A. Clay said:

GUYS VOTE FOR MIKA's NEW SINGLE

here >--> https://creativedisc.com/2019/01/creative-disc-exclusive-single-07-jan-2019/ 

Scroll down to enter your vote. 

He's 2ND place now. Let's get him to #1 where he belongs.

[You may be able to vote only a single time]

1 Sound Of An Orchestra

(38 votes)   SOAO.thumb.png.e3405af9936735daf9d63038128b4dda.png

• Like 4