Sound of an Orchestra, Lyrics & Discussion

Loo

3 hours ago, Marie-christine Suire said:

Naughty Corner  : an artist specializing in "double meaning" texts Serge Gainsbourg.

I leave the translation to those who master languages.

Les sucettes à l’Anis

Annie aime les sucettes,
Les sucettes à l'anis.
Les sucettes à l'anis
D'Annie
Donnent à ses baisers

Un goût ani- Sé.

Lorsque le sucre d'orge
Parfumé à l'anis
Coule dans la gorge d'Annie,
Elle est au paradis.

Pour quelques pennies, Annie
A ses sucettes à l'anis.
Elles ont la couleur de ses grands yeux,
La couleur des jours heureux.

Annie aime les sucettes,
Les sucettes à l'anis.
Les sucettes à l'anis
D'Annie
Donnent à ses baisers
Un goût ani- Sé.

Lorsqu'elle n'a sur la langue

Que le petit bâton,
Elle prend ses jambes à son corps
Et retourne au drugstore.

Pour quelques pennies, Annie
A ses sucettes à l'anis.
Elles ont la couleur de ses grands yeux,
La couleur des jours heureux.

Lorsque le sucre d'orge
Parfumé à l'anis
Coule dans la gorge d'Annie,
Elle est au paradis.

Sure, where did lollipop 🍭 come from 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

We can keep on trying, even if I am not sure if people's suggestions are really taken into consideration 

Yeah! They say they do but of course you never know what happens behind the scenes... i do think we got at least 80 to 100 people to vote and you would think that's enough... but maybe in the end they decided that this is not what the Dutch audience would want to hear idk :(

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

http://www.papermag.com/bops-only-03496-2625119577.html?rebelltitem=5#rebelltitem5

It's 2019, so I told myself I would more fully embrace joy. So here is MIKA, who is reliably joyful, serving us more than we ever knew we needed in his new single "Sound of an Orchestra." The orchestra in this case (and in every other case) is MIKA's unflappable exuberance: from the strings, to his soaring melodies, and the overall shamelessness of his love. We may live in a society that finds confessional, exciting love clumsy or embarrassing, but MIKA is our patron saint of saying we should move away from that. I mean, because his songs are always addictive, once you've swallowed the honey and admitted to yourself how good it tastes, I'm totally apt to agree with him.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2019 at 8:54 PM, Amy hudsone said:

We can keep on trying, even if I am not sure if people's suggestions are really taken into consideration 

It might be because we didn't fill in the phone number part...maybe they only take into account votes from dutch citizens and that's why they ask for phone numbers :dunno:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@PerezHilton tweets

https://perezhilton.com/mika-sound-of-an-orchestra/

Listen To This: The Sound Of Our Love For You

Few artists can put us in such a happy mood!

There is something very special about Mika! And the quality of his output 12+ years later is still most excellent!

If Freddie Mercury had a sonic child, it would be him!

Check out his latest release, Sound Of An Orchestra, above!

Then CLICK HERE to listen to more music from Mika!

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 6

On 1/13/2019 at 11:35 AM, Amy hudsone said:

Streams spotify 

Day 1 : 142 217

Day 2 : 61 004

Day 3: 41 052

Day 4: 51 099

Day 5: 51 696

Day 6: 52 038

yesterday ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️    26 751 :dunno:

As I said the song is out from new music playlists so that's not good for the visbility of the song may be as @Jaela said we have to organise a streaming party or if anyone know radio stations or websites where we can try to promote the song

yesterday:

18 632 stream on spotify

the song is struggling to reach 1 Million streams

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Can you explain how please? I don't have spotify so I'm lost...

I Don't have Spotify too. 

Would it be possible that it be  "a willingness of Italian TV producers" that the song is not broadcast on radio???

In France, I have never heard it on radio, I find it amazing, Mika is adored in France. :annoyed_h4h:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Can you explain how please? I don't have spotify so I'm lost...

You can install Spotify on your mobile or laptop for free. You don't have to pay for it. In this case every 30 minutes you listen to a few minutes of advertisements.(I do like this - I don't pay).

Then just find Mika's songs. In each and every country it may be different. For example in Poland  I found a playlist called "This is MIKA".

image.thumb.png.f72bec294597306999a20bac0902bcfa.png

To listen to "Sound of an Orchestra" enter the title to the "search" field". And choose the file.

image.thumb.png.9da91ce4e4b17d1e9565fd15b2e90a5c.png

Than just press play to listen to the song.

Play the song for example every 10 minutes and meanwhile listen to some other songs.

It looks like it is not a good idea to listen the same song in a loop. It counts as ONE play 😞

So we can listen to the song during the day several times.

You can start now and continue till the evening.

Please let me know if it works and who will participate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

You can install Spotify on your mobile or laptop for free. You don't have to pay for it. In this case every 30 minutes you listen to a few minutes of advertisements.(I do like this - I don't pay).

Then just find Mika's songs. In each and every country it may be different. For example in Poland  I found a playlist called "This is MIKA".

To listen to "Sound of an Orchestra" enter the title to the "search" field". And choose the file.

Play the song for example every 10 minutes and meanwhile listen to some other songs.

It looks like it is not a good idea to listen the same song in a loop. It counts as ONE play 😞

It works on a computer this way but not with the mobile app, there you have to play songs on shuffle if you don't have premium... But the computer app works well even without premium.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

It works on a computer this way but not with the mobile app, there you have to play songs on shuffle if you don't have premium... But the computer app works well even without premium.

Well, I think you are right. I use usually my computer and I can choose "Sound of an Orchestra".

On mobile without premium you have to listen some other songs. But at least you can play the song anyway. Better this than nothing :P

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Maybe we should organize another streaming party? Friday evening?

Hi!! I agree! We should organise another streaming party to reach 1million streams.. I manage the @ mikapromosquad account on Twitter so I can help spread the word as we did last time :D

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

@Amy hudsone Can you check the counter this evening or tomorrow morning?

And everybody, please spread the word. Let's see if we can make it!!!!

Sure, I can get the count of today's streams tomorrow morning 

23/01 : 18 632

Yesterday 24/01 : 18 930

And for this week the song is the #4 most streamed song (-1 place compared to last week) 

Happy ending is now in #3 place, and to compare, it did 54 470 stream in the 2 last days while SOAO did 37 562

(just to have an idea if we want it to reach the top 3 again) 

And tomorrow I ll share the streams to see if we were efficient 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, styjlesx said:

Hi!! I agree! We should organise another streaming party to reach 1million streams.. I manage the @ mikapromosquad account on Twitter so I can help spread the word as we did last time :D

Greatt!!!! 

I do it on FB and Twitter as well.

And listen, listen listen!!!!!!

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I did share on twitter and fb. :thumb_yello:

I don't have room in my old laptop and not much in my phone but I'll try to remove aps and make room for spotify

I had installed it when Sound of an Orchestra was out but I could only listen to a short part of Sound of an Orchestra and not to the whole song so I had removed the ap. It's a shame google play listening doesn't count because I play it all the time...

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3