Sound of an Orchestra, Lyrics & Discussion

Loo

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

I have a conductor in mind for the clarinet / hand part, and stomping feet for the timpany. I know Mika is the king of innuendos, but this connection you make is too explicit, in my opinion, it goes too much into detail to be on purpose, if you know what I mean. :mf_rosetinted:

Of course I can't be 100% sure, but well... in case you're right, we'll never know anyway, as I guess he won't talk about that in an interview. :mf_rosetinted:

I agree with @mellody. Don't forget that this song was written for the tv serie of one of his friends. I really don't think he would be so explicit when he knows that this song will be strongly connected with the tv program. 

• Like 5

iTunes

Sound Of An Orchestra - Single by MIKA on iTunes

iTunes chart mika/songs/sound-of-an-orchestra/

Mika - 'Sound Of An Orchestra'

"Sound Of An Orchestra": Chart Statistics

:italia: Italian iTunes Chart Performance

• Release date: 04 Jan 2019
  • Chart debut: #11 (04 Jan 2019)
  • Highest Position: #11 (04 Jan 2019)
  • Most recent chart position: #28 (05 Jan 2019)
  • Days on Italian Songs Chart: 3

:france:  French iTunes Chart Performance

• Release date: 04 Jan 2019
  • Chart debut: #85 (04 Jan 2019)
  • Highest Position: #85 (04 Jan 2019)
  • Most recent chart position: #85 (04 Jan 2019)
  • Days on French Songs Chart: 2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Olya said:

Same here. I live in Cote d'Ivoire and YouTube video is 'not available' although I can watch and have been able to watch all the other stuff on his YouTube channel. And no Spotify here either. Deezer is the only one working for me. 

I use Deezer as well but I think Spotify is more user friendly. I don't know. Mika has such a global audience so it was really surprising why the video was unavailable. His other videos are accessible here. 

• Like 1

I've created a video to "Sound of an Orchestra" using Mika's IG stories.

(well I think one part is from one of Mika fans from Milano, but I don't know who posted it).

To avoid that Youtube blocks this video I put it on "non public", so I am not sure if you can open it.

Please let me know.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

(well I think one part is from one of Mika fans from Milano, but I don't know who posted it).

To avoid that Youtube blocks this video I put it on "non public", so I am not sure if you can open it.

Please let me know.

Well done ,it's funny

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lormare73 said:

I agree with @mellody. Don't forget that this song was written for the tv serie of one of his friends. I really don't think he would be so explicit when he knows that this song will be strongly connected with the tv program. 

Maybe he wants the song to have a broader audience.

13 hours ago, mellody said:

I have a conductor in mind for the clarinet / hand part, and stomping feet for the timpany. I know Mika is the king of innuendos, but this connection you make is too explicit, in my opinion, it goes too much into detail to be on purpose, if you know what I mean. :mf_rosetinted:

Of course I can't be 100% sure, but well... in case you're right, we'll never know anyway, as I guess he won't talk about that in an interview. :mf_rosetinted:

"Boom boom boom " is also very explicit; and it is used for TV programs including "Stasera casa Mika".
 One day, in a few years, a young fan will ask him the question and he will answer it all embarrassed as he did this summer in Italy for "Lollipop". :biggrin2:

Edited by Loo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Please let me know.

That's so sweet!  :wub2:

You must have spent some time there! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was listening to this song today and thought about what he said about discipline and also that he managed to describe that very well. The amount of love young musicians have for music must be enormous, so they have the discipline to continue day after day to be good enough to be professional musicians. That gives such a literal meaning for "the sound of my love for you". The music they make is literally the sound of their love. Then there's the symbolic meaning which is quite poetic actually. A lovely thought. I really like it when songs grow this way the more I listen to them. 

Edited by tiibet
  • Like 11

24 minutes ago, tiibet said:

I was listening to this song today and thought about what he said about discipline and also that he managed to describe that very well. The amount of love young musicians have for music must be enormous, so they have the discipline to continue day after day to be good enough to be professional musicians. That gives such a literal meaning for "the sound of my love for you". The music they make is literally the sound of their love. Then there's the symbolic meaning which is quite poetic actually. A lovely thought. I really like it when songs grow this way the more I listen to them. 

I absolutely agree with you, Nina. This song has several levels and we can read it asan  "erotic poem", as a beautiful declaration of love to another person, a love to music, etc. But first of all for me it's an exlosion of joy connected to all this :cheer:When I play it I am smiling all the time. It has such a very positive energy!!!!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Please let me know.

I loved it! Thanks really! He is truly perfect. His teeth are beautiful. My heart explodes when he smiles❤ 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I absolutely agree with you, Nina. This song has several levels and we can read it asan  "erotic poem", as a beautiful declaration of love to another person, a love to music, etc. But first of all for me it's an exlosion of joy connected to all this :cheer:When I play it I am smiling all the time. It has such a very positive energy!!!!

yes. all the time... it makes me SO HAPPY. pure JOY... like 'everything is alright'.... and, yes...
Mika is right. Everything is always alright, or will be...:thumb_yello:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tiibet said:

Agreed

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 6:32 PM, Loo said:

I'm taking a slight risk to avoid the naughty corner (anyway, it's Mika who will go).
But for me, the double meaning is obvious with these words:

"you lower your hand clarinet will play

raise it back up

and it flies away

when you move your legs a timpany will roar

comes down really close

hold me like you do

this is the sound of my love for you."

I concede that the rest is a beautiful song of love and love of music!

I agree with you :wink2: and also "It's getting louder" can be interpreted in a :chkn: y way :mf_rosetinted::stifle: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, tiibet said:

I totally agree :hug: Thanks for putting it into words :huglove:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Well said Anna:cheer:and your video for the song is absolutely fantastic :biggrin2: What a bright idea to use Mika's stories :thumb_yello:  I looooooove it :wub2::wub2::wub2:

10 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Well said Anna:cheer:and your video for the song is absolutely fantastic :biggrin2: What a bright idea to use Mika's stories :thumb_yello:  I looooooove it :wub2::wub2::wub2:

Thank you Anne. I thought about Mika's stories just to avoid any copy rights (ha ha ha ha!)

On my website Mikapopolsku.com as well I'm trying to use generally Mika's Instagram and Twitter photos and stories - everything stays in the family - if we can say so :mfr_lol:

I had a big fun creating this video - and a hundred times to play SOAO again and again - a pure pleasure!!!!

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I agree with you :wink2: and also "It's getting louder" can be interpreted in a :chkn: y way :mf_rosetinted::stifle: 

I think with a little bit of phantasy almost everything can be interpreted in that way... :biggrin2: But this is getting a bit too far imo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, tiibet said:

Love and music - and a mixture of these elements - might be the most mighty universal power of all - now and forever :fisch: MIKA knows much about it, and use his skill,  in a clever way!  :wub:

Imo, it must have been quite a gift for him - to be asked to make a song,  made especially for this TV-serie... :clap:

Love, love

me

Edited by mamiam
  • Like 2