Sound of an Orchestra, Lyrics & Discussion

Loo

8 minutes ago, Irem Aytepe said:

I've done and I sent to my friend to vote for him but I saw he didn't win :( 

I created my first and only account to vote for him. Don't know how Insta works yet so got my brother to do it for me. But you say he didn't win..

• Sad 1

:woot_jump:

Mika - Le son d'un orchestre 70.65%   (195 votes) 

ROZES - À mi-chemin là-bas 13.04%   (36 votes) 

Backstreet Boys - No Place 7.25%   (20 votes) 

Post Malone - Wow. 2,17%   (6 votes) 

Mike Posner - Move On 1.45%   (4 votes) 

Apportez-moi l'horizon - Médecine 1.45%   (4 votes) 

Olly Murs, Kia Love - Les excuses (Remix) 1.45%   (4 votes) 

Robbie Williams - Je veux juste que les gens m'aiment 0.72%   (2 votes) 

Fleur East - Thème préféré 0.72%   (2 votes) 

3LAU feat. Carly Paige - Comprendriez-vous 0,72%   (2 votes) 

Blake Kelly - Patience 0.36%   (1 votes) 

Total des votes: 276
  • Like 2

Hello everyone!! 

There is a chance that Sound Of An Orchestra will be played on the Dutch radio, but I need your help for that! 

There is a radio station here that has a show called Repeat Of Niet in which they play a song requested by their listeners, and then each time they play it, the listeners have to vote if they want to hear the song again or not. And I was thinking it would be great if SOAO could compete in this show! But for that it first needs to gain many requests, because it has to compete against much more popular songs by American artists with a much more generic sound! (That's what Dutch people love lol).

So, how can you help? What you need to do is click this link right here: https://qmusic.nl/repeatofniet then scroll to the bottom of the page and fill out the form that you will find there. In the first box you need to put the name of the artist and the title of the song, so "MIKA, Sound Of An Orchestra" in the second box you need to put your name, the third box asks for your phone number but leave that blank otherwise they will call you to ask why you chose this song and it will all be in Dutch! 😆😆. And then in the last box you need to put the Youtube link to Sound of an Orchestra (make sure you put the link of Mika's official channel!!). When that is done you click the red button that says "verzenden" on it and you're done!! It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes and you would help Dutch fans a lot with it 😁😁.

If the song gains enough requests, it will be played, then people can vote and hopefully they will vote repeat so it will be played more often! And songs that get voted to be repeated many times, often end up becoming massive hits, so who knows! 

Thank you in advance for your help, i also attached an image showing what the form should look like! And don't hesitate to ask if you need any help, i hope everything was clear! 😊

IMG_-bj1r9k.jpg

Edited by Jaela
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Jaela said:

Hello everyone!! 

There is a chance that Sound Of An Orchestra will be played on the Dutch radio, but I need your help for that! 

There is a radio station here that has a show called Repeat Of Niet in which they play a song requested by their listeners, and then each time they play it, the listeners have to vote if they want to hear the song again or not. And I was thinking it would be great if SOAO could compete in this show! But for that it first needs to gain many requests, because it has to compete against much more popular songs by American artists with a much more generic sound! (That's what Dutch people love lol).

So, how can you help? What you need to do is click this link right here: https://qmusic.nl/repeatofniet then scroll to the bottom of the page and fill out the form that you will find there. In the first box you need to put the name of the artist and the title of the song, so "MIKA, Sound Of An Orchestra" in the second box you need to put your name, the third box asks for your phone number but leave that blank otherwise they will call you to ask why you chose this song and it will all be in Dutch! 😆😆. And then in the last box you need to put the Youtube link to Sound of an Orchestra (make sure you put the link of Mika's official channel!!). When that is done you click the red button that says "verzenden" on it and you're done!! It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes and you would help Dutch fans a lot with it 😁😁.

If the song gains enough requests, it will be played, then people can vote and hopefully they will vote repeat so it will be played more often! And songs that get voted to be repeated many times, often end up becoming massive hits, so who knows! 

Thank you in advance for your help, i also attached an image showing what the form should look like! And don't hesitate to ask if you need any help, i hope everything was clear! 😊

IMG_-bj1r9k.jpg

Gedaan! Done! Hope they play it ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Streams spotify 

Day 1 : 142 217

Day 2 : 61 004

Day 3: 41 052

Day 4: 51 099

Day 5: 51 696

Day 6: 52 038

After 8 days the song reachs 489 308 

And the bad news is that now it's out from new friday music playlists (italy,....) so may be for next days streams are gonna be lower

13 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

Streams spotify 

After 8 days the song reachs 489 308 

And the bad news is that now it's out from new friday music playlists (italy,....) so may be for next days streams are gonna be lower

Maybe we could try and do another streaming party tomorrow to keep the streams consistent. I'll ask the girls from the Mika Promo Squad about it 😄

Thank you for mapping all of this out by the way! I personally don't know where to see the stream counts, but maybe that's because I don't have Spotify premium 🤔

In any case it's amazing that SOAO is now already Mika's 5th most popular song on Spotify, behind only songs of off LICM! 😱😁😁😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Jaela said:

Hello everyone!! 

IMG_-bj1r9k.jpg

done

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jaela said:

Hello everyone!! 

IMG_-bj1r9k.jpg

done! :wink2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jaela said:

Hello everyone!! 

IMG_-bj1r9k.jpg

Done and hope that could help

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

Where are the dutsch fans, can anyone explain to us the concept of this emission, it's said on their website that it's a daily program, so are we gonna have any information about the result today

No, not today. Currently another song is running, namely Let Me Down Slowly by Alec Benjamin. They play it two times a day, and each time people can vote "repeat" or "niet" (niet means the song has lost). The maximum time a song can run is a week and if it manages to complete the whole week with more repeat votes than niet votes (which will likely be the case with Let Me Down Slowly) the song will be taken up in the regular airplay of the radio station. A new round will start on Monday, so then we will know whether SOAO has made it!

• Thanks 2

Just now, Jaela said:

No, not today. Currently another song is running, namely Let Me Down Slowly by Alec Benjamin. They play it two times a day, and each time people can vote "repeat" or "niet" (niet means the song has lost). The maximum time a song can run is a week and if it manages to complete the whole week with more repeat votes than niet votes (which will likely be the case with Let Me Down Slowly) the song will be taken up in the regular airplay of the radio station. A new round will start on Monday, so then we will know whether SOAO has made it!

So each week they will pick one song that will get played in Repeat Of Niet. If it gets more Niet votes already the first time it gets played it will immediately be replaced with another song, but it can also take a few days or a whole week. Every week it's one song that has to "battle" basically, but it's not that they put two songs against eachother or anything. A song just needs to get enough requests to even get a chance to be played for Repeat Of Niet, which is the stage SOAO is in now. 

I hope i explained this correctly, it's actually quite complicated if you're unfamiliar with the format of the show and im terrible at explaining things, im sorry 😅😆

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jaela said:

So each week they will pick one song that will get played in Repeat Of Niet. If it gets more Niet votes already the first time it gets played it will immediately be replaced with another song, but it can also take a few days or a whole week. Every week it's one song that has to "battle" basically, but it's not that they put two songs against eachother or anything. A song just needs to get enough requests to even get a chance to be played for Repeat Of Niet, which is the stage SOAO is in now. 

I hope i explained this correctly, it's actually quite complicated if you're unfamiliar with the format of the show and im terrible at explaining things, im sorry 😅😆

Thank you for answering and I hope you will tell us how it went for SOAO. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jaela said:

Cool, thank you:flowers2:

I was looking at the songs that won before and just found "djadja" a song by Aya Nakamura a french singer, I'm like what is she even doing on a dutch radio, good luck for SOAO

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jaela said:

Bonjour à tous!! 

Il est possible que Sound Of An Orchestra soit diffusé à la radio néerlandaise, mais j'ai besoin de votre aide pour cela! 

Il y a une station de radio ici qui diffuse une émission appelée Repeat Of Niet dans laquelle ils jouent une chanson demandée par leurs auditeurs, puis chaque fois qu'ils la jouent, les auditeurs doivent voter s'ils veulent entendre la chanson à nouveau ou non. Et je pensais que ce serait génial si SOAO pouvait participer à cette émission! Mais pour cela, il doit d'abord gagner de nombreuses demandes, car il doit concurrencer des chansons beaucoup plus populaires d'artistes américains avec un son beaucoup plus générique! (C'est ce que les Néerlandais aiment lol).

Alors, comment pouvez-vous aider? Ce que vous devez faire est de cliquer sur ce lien ici: https://qmusic.nl/repeatofniet  puis faites  défiler vers le bas de la page et remplissez le formulaire que vous y trouverez. Dans la première case, vous devez mettre le nom de l'artiste et le titre de la chanson, donc "MIKA, Sound Of An Orchestra" dans la deuxième case, vous devez mettre votre nom, la troisième case demande votre numéro de téléphone mais laissez sinon, ils vous appelleront pour vous demander pourquoi vous avez choisi cette chanson et ce sera en néerlandais! 😆 😆. Et puis, dans la dernière case, vous devez mettre le lien Youtube vers Sound of an Orchestra (assurez-vous de mettre le lien de la chaîne officielle de Mika !!). Lorsque cela est fait, vous cliquez sur le bouton rouge qui dit "verzenden" dessus et vous avez terminé! Cela ne devrait pas prendre plus de 5 minutes et vous aideriez beaucoup les fans néerlandais avec ça 😁 .

Si la chanson gagne suffisamment de demandes, elle sera jouée, alors les gens pourront voter et si tout se passe bien, ils voteront de nouveau afin que la chanson soit jouée plus souvent! Et les chansons qui sont votées pour être répétées plusieurs fois finissent souvent par devenir des succès énormes, alors qui sait! 

Merci d’avance pour votre aide, j’ai également joint une image montrant ce à quoi le formulaire devrait ressembler! Et n'hésitez pas à demander si vous avez besoin d'aide, j'espère que tout était clair! 😊

IMG_-bj1r9k.jpg

It's OK for me. Kissssss

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sabine64 said:

Thank you for answering and I hope you will tell us how it went for SOAO. 

I'll surely let you know! When I have updates I'll post them here 😊

• Like 1

Streams spotify 

yesterday ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️    26 751 :dunno:

As I said the song is out from new music playlists so that's not good for the visbility of the song may be as @Jaela said we have to organise a streaming party or if anyone know radio stations or websites where we can try to promote the song

• Like 5

On 1/10/2019 at 9:04 PM, Marie-christine Suire said:

:woot_jump:

Mika - Le son d'un orchestre 70.65%   (195 votes) 

ROZES - À mi-chemin là-bas 13.04%   (36 votes) 

Backstreet Boys - No Place 7.25%   (20 votes) 

Post Malone - Wow. 2,17%   (6 votes) 

Mike Posner - Move On 1.45%   (4 votes) 

Apportez-moi l'horizon - Médecine 1.45%   (4 votes) 

Olly Murs, Kia Love - Les excuses (Remix) 1.45%   (4 votes) 

Robbie Williams - Je veux juste que les gens m'aiment 0.72%   (2 votes) 

Fleur East - Thème préféré 0.72%   (2 votes) 

3LAU feat. Carly Paige - Comprendriez-vous 0,72%   (2 votes) 

Blake Kelly - Patience 0.36%   (1 votes) 

Total des votes: 276

Well he won but why they didn't 📢 it, if only a Twitter post 

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:25 PM, crazyaboutmika said:

Mika of course :biggrin2:

Naughty Corner  : an artist specializing in "double meaning" texts Serge Gainsbourg.

I leave the translation to those who master languages.

Les sucettes à l’Anis

Annie aime les sucettes,
Les sucettes à l'anis.
Les sucettes à l'anis
D'Annie
Donnent à ses baisers

Un goût ani- Sé.

Lorsque le sucre d'orge
Parfumé à l'anis
Coule dans la gorge d'Annie,
Elle est au paradis.

Pour quelques pennies, Annie