Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram updates - 2019

Dominika

I can’t wait for the album! We were allowed to listen to music at work the other day and I got so distracted by ‘Relax” that I crushed my hand between two metal cages and near enough broke it (my hand, not the metal) 😂😂

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

mikainstagram story

56949437_665682190552456_2267442918125145385_n.thumb.jpg.5aec7f0bdf36a42bd2fed1bd83b78b41.jpg

That's interesting... does anyone know more about what a "comp sheet" is, in this context? My Google search brought as the most likely result a sentence from a book about music production: 

"Through the use of a hand-written "comp" sheet, vocal takes are catalogued, not like specimens from which an ideal single representative can be chosen, but like salvaged parts that, with the right tools, can be made to work well together."

Why did I think he had already finished recording the album? 🤔

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, mellody said:

That's interesting... does anyone know more about what a "comp sheet" is, in this context? My Google search brought as the most likely result a sentence from a book about music production: 

"Through the use of a hand-written "comp" sheet, vocal takes are catalogued, not like specimens from which an ideal single representative can be chosen, but like salvaged parts that, with the right tools, can be made to work well together."

In this case he is more behind than we think he is :emot-sad:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, mellody said:

I found this page where it is explained how it works.

https://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-the-perfect-vocal-with-comping--cms-26402

This video (from this page) shows that you choose the best parts of several takes of vocals and you put them together to have the best version of a song :mfr_omg: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

11 hours ago, mellody said:

They are traces of a song. Will be chosen the best. I hope Mika is referring to the last song of the new album, not the first! 🙈🤞

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I found this page where it is explained how it works.

https://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-the-perfect-vocal-with-comping--cms-26402

This video (from this page) shows that you choose the best parts of several takes of vocals and you put them together to have the best version of a song :mfr_omg:  

That's good, so everyone understands why it takes so long to make an album.

Especially if you're a perfectionist!

• Like 4