Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram updates - 2019

Dominika

Twitter

Tomorrow, @ZoeTheBall's @BBCRadio2 Breakfast Show from 8am. Don't miss it! @JackSavoretti

BBC radio2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0005y8l

19/06/2019

06:30
19 June 2019

2 hours, 59 minutes

Wake up and embrace the day with Zoe Ball!

It’s The Why Workshop, and Zoe quizzes the QI Elves with more wonders and ponders, including your questions.

Along with Tina Daheley on news, Richie Anderson on travel and Mike Williams on sport, she and the team have the best start to your morning. With celeb guests, quizzes, headlines, tunes chosen by listeners, and more music that you can shake a glitterball at!

There's also weather with Carol Kirkwood, a daily Pause For Thought and listeners on the line, as Zoe entertains the nation with fun for the family!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Dominika said:

The tone of Mika's voice while talking to Mel... So sweet :wub:

Because one of the previews he posted on instagram a few months ago sounded like it said 'Jealousy' and the way he's saying it here,  my prediction is that 'Jealousy' is one of his songs that he's secretly mentioning. Just like the instagram story where he said 'my name is Michael' and afterwards we were like 'I get it now you sneaky bastard'😁

Or I'm looking way too far in to things, that's definitely a possibility as well :fisch:

Edited by Just_Me
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, silver said:

It's all very well Mika promoting Jack Savoretti's new single on UK Radio 2, but when is he going to promote his own single?

It's not Mika who is promoting Jack in the UK, Jack already released a solo version of the song, and his latest album went number 1 in the charts in the UK

But at the same time you can see that radios in the UK are not gonna play Mika's music, they didn't even mention it's out, but now that there is Jack, they are playing the song (the same story with ariana in the US)

other point, may be the market that they want to reach is italy, and that Mika's italian management are behind this collaboration

Edited by Amy hudsone
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

It's not Mika who is promoting Jack in the UK, Jack already released a solo version of the song, and his latest album went number 1 in the charts in the UK

But at the same time you can see that radios in the UK are not gonna play Mika's music, they didn't even mention it's out, but now that there is Jack, they are playing the song (the same story with ariana in the US)

other point, may be the market that they want to reach is italy, and that Mika's italian management are behind this collaboration

So you mean it's a mutual thing, Mika helps Jack in the Italian market and Jack helps Mika in the UK with this duet? I doubt it'll help much, the duet with Ariana also didn't help Mika, although she's very famous. Maybe a duet with Taylor Swift could do the trick, if it's promoted on radio. But Jack doesn't seem to be much more famous than Mika. Guess it's a good thing though that at least Mika's (singing) voice gets UK radio airplay.

• Like 4

I just noticed that one of the guys of Mika's band has a lot of stories about their Mika performances in his favourites list, in some of them we can see Mika as well. He also posted a bunch of pix of the band:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

I just noticed that one of the guys of Mika's band has a lot of stories about their Mika performances in his favourites list, in some of them we can see Mika as well. He also posted a bunch of pix of the band:

THANKS, HOT TIP :)

1 hour ago, krysady said:

Wow! I've just read this interview from wired.it (with google transalator of course :cheerful_h4h: )

To read it go the thread "Mika in italian press"

Example:

And also very suggestive: you can interpret your Ice cream in many different ways ...

Mika: "You can't, you have to interpret it in the most dirty way possible! It's an obscene song. And yet ... at the same time it is not at all obscene "

Seeing its obscenity or innocence depends on what is in the listener's mind ...

Mika: "Exactly. Everyone has his mental problems ”.

Speaking of Ice cream you said that you wanted to “ dare to be a sensual man, to dare to express clearly the desire that I always kept in my head.I fantasized about being the man I always want to be ”: that is, an extremely sexy man?

Mika: "But everyone dreams of being sexier than the person they see naked in the mirror! Or not?".

Didn't you feel this way before? Or were you inhibiting this part of you?

Mika: "I was not embracing it more than inhibiting it, I wasn't using it. I had kept it there, in what the French call the jardin secret , but then I entered this new phase of my life and my work and I realized that that part has always been the greatest source of inspiration for me and then I went there, in the garden, and pulled it out.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, silver said:

How sad that everyone is filming on their phones, rather than enjoying the event :sad:

For that short girl in the back it's probably the only chance to see anything of what happens on the stage, by filming and later watching the videos. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I know what you mean, but it's not just negative. If you film, you can share your experience with others, and relive the wonderful moments at home again and again. But yes, in return you miss a part of the live experience. I think it has always been like this, just now that everyone has a mobile, it's more obvious. For example, I'm really happy about the videos I have of Mika's Imaginarium tour, since it was never released on DVD. And also of other gigs I remember special situations if I happen to stumble over a video of it - and there's hardly any Mika gig I didn't enjoy, despite filming and taking pix. :lol: Of course it's a bit much if someone is JUST filming for the whole gig, instead of dancing and clapping. I film only parts, and dance and clap at the same time (if it's a fast song), that's why my videos are often shaky, but still it's enough for me to remember. And then there are people who don't film but stand there like statues for the whole gig anyway, that's not better imo. :teehee:

• Like 3