Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram updates - 2019

Dominika

25 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

He goes on tour to the USA without having released the new album? Just with some singles  :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Elvaraaa said:

So weird ...  :dunno:

It seems he is (FOR ONCE!!) doing things a little bit too quickly... for example the ice cream videoclip: it was filmed + released very fast, and, as far as i am concerned, I must confess I am a little bit disappointed by it :sad: 

I hope he’ll measure everything

It's not part of the "Revelation tour"  it's a special tour for America

I Don't doubt that he will fill the venues very quickly as the fans over there Don't have many opportunities to see him "live" 

It seems that the concert ticket includes a copy of MNIMH 

264v.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mikasister said:

He goes on tour to the USA without having released the new album? Just with some singles  :dunno:

Just now, Elvaraaa said:

I guess he’ll either be singing old ones + new singles

or... he might sing some of the new ones but this is risky because videos will end up online 

I think meanwhile he's going to release new songs before the tour begins, it's called 'tiny love tiny tour', I guess that's not 'the revelation tour' yet, He's gonna announce other dates when the album is released, well I think so, 

I think that's kind of shows to promote his upcoming album, such as showcases, he did similar things in asia

But anyway, I don't mind if he did concerts based on his 4 albums, he got enough hits and great songs to build up a great show, I'm happy that he's back 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

I think meanwhile he's going to release new songs before the tour begins, it's called 'tiny love tiny tour', I guess that's not 'the revelation tour' yet, He's gonna announce other dates when the album is released, well I think so, 

I think that's kind of shows to promote his upcoming album, such as showcases, he did similar things in asia

But anyway, I don't mind if he did concerts based on his 4 albums, he got enough hits and great songs to build up a great show, I'm happy that he's back 

In one of french inerviews Mika admitted that he will release more that one more single, so for sure we will hear them in July/August/September.

I think that this Tiny Tour will help him to polish the show with new team members - they have to learn each other and to practice old and new songs.

Of course I don't want to say that this tour is not important but it will be a big test for Mika's band.

11 minutes ago, Amy hudsone said:

or... he might sing some of the new ones but this is risky because videos will end up online 

I don't see any problem with videos online - it can only make us more curious to hear them live or on CD :biggrin2:

image.thumb.png.16937dd36506135dcad03485d9b5bc4c.png

For New York concert the CD is included in a ticket price too (like in Montreal).

Actually most of us bought tickets in pre-sale which equals to order the CD from micasounds.com.

So as you can see the the CD sales already generate the revenue on an album which is not ready yet!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

He's done this before. In NYC last time he played Good Wife before any of us heard it. And in Montreal at the orchestra concerts he played a few songs we hadn't heard yet.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

image.thumb.png.16937dd36506135dcad03485d9b5bc4c.png

For New York concert the CD is included in a ticket price too (like in Montreal).

Actually most of us bought tickets in pre-sale which equals to order the CD from micasounds.com.

So as you can see the the CD sales already generate the revenue on an album which is not ready yet!

:blink:  so if I go to three gigs I'd get three albums? even for me this seems excessive xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, izabeil said:

He’s coming in Montreal in October and it will be a pre sale, how does it work? I missed it all the time last times.

For Europe pre-sale was for fans ordering a CD. We received a pre-sale code to use.

With the code you could buy tickets before official sales.

2 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

For Europe pre-sale was for fans ordering a CD. We received a pre-sale code to use.

With the code you could buy tickets before official sales.

Thanks! I’m gonna look for ordering de CD if it’s working like that! I hope to have finally good tickets 🤞🏻

28 minutes ago, kreacher said:

He's done this before. In NYC last time he played Good Wife before any of us heard it. And in Montreal at the orchestra concerts he played a few songs we hadn't heard yet.

This has become a standard practice for tours promoting albums in recent years, I've gotten tickets to two different artists this year and each has come with their a physical or digital copy of the album. 

In other news, if you've been following my 9 year saga of never seeing Mika live; I think this is going to be it. I think I'm going to be able to go to the New York show. I'm going to buy a ticket and worry about the logistics later.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, cat_loves_mika said:

This has become a standard practice for tours promoting albums in recent years, I've gotten tickets to two different artists this year and each has come with their a physical or digital copy of the album. 

In other news, if you've been following my 9 year saga of never seeing Mika live; I think this is going to be it. I think I'm going to be able to go to the New York show. I'm going to buy a ticket and worry about the logistics later.

hmm, i've never heard of this practice of giving albums w/ tickets before. Thanks for explaining.  I'd prefer to buy the album myself and just have cheaper gig tickets :annoyed_h4h:

"I'm going to buy a ticket and worry about the logistics later." I think I'm gonna have to do this too. One day is not enough time to plot!

2 minutes ago, kreacher said:

hmm, i've never heard of this practice of giving albums w/ tickets before. Thanks for explaining.  I'd prefer to buy the album myself and just have cheaper gig tickets :annoyed_h4h:

"I'm going to buy a ticket and worry about the logistics later." I think I'm gonna have to do this too. One day is not enough time to plot!

It's an odd one. I don't think the ticket prices are affected that much and its just a way to boost the "sales" of the album by making them cheaper and people are more likely to claim it when its bundled with a concert ticket. I think its a practice that started due to the rise of music streaming services, like Spotify, people are less likely to actually buy an album. I'm just speculating though, I don't have that much insight into the music business today but I know from taking a history class on it that this would be pretty likely. 

I know right? I'm just lucky that I don't have many classes this semester with in-classroom instruction and I have family I can bum with in the area. I think I can make it work. 

• Like 1

I'm glad for american fans. This "Tiny Tour" it reminds me the "Intimate Evening" he did in 2013.  A lovely  and thrilling tour which left us an amazing and unforgettable performances.  :wub2:  Mika, voice and piano.  :cloud:

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

I'm glad for american fans. This "Tiny Tour" it reminds me the "Intimate Evening" he did in 2013.  A lovely  and thrilling tour which left us an amazing and unforgettable performances.  :wub2:  Mika, voice and piano.  :cloud:

Also in 2013 he managed that the 2 new songs he played didn't get spread all over the web. Same for the OSM concerts. Yes, there were/are recordings online, but you need/ed to know exactly what to look for, to find them.

That was in the US / Canada tho. Not sure they are that strict in Mexico, about taking cameras or using mobiles. Maybe that's why it's the last gig. :teehee:

Anyway he said there'll be more than 1 single before the album is out, so I suppose you'll get at least 3 songs of the new album. Ice cream, 2 new singles, and probably 1-2 more songs from the album. He often played songs at gigs before he released them, like Underwater, BIOTG, Good Wife...

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, mellody said:

Also in 2013 he managed that the 2 new songs he played didn't get spread all over the web. Same for the OSM concerts. Yes, there were/are recordings online, but you need/ed to know exactly what to look for, to find them.

That was in the US / Canada tho. Not sure they are that strict in Mexico, about taking cameras or using mobiles. Maybe that's why it's the last gig. :teehee:

Anyway he said there'll be more than 1 single before the album is out, so I suppose you'll get at least 3 songs of the new album. Ice cream, 2 new singles, and probably 1-2 more songs from the album. He often played songs at gigs before he released them, like Underwater, BIOTG, Good Wife...

I had a friend who went to one of these shows, and although she enjoyed it a lot she felt like she was missing the whole experience since it was only an acoustic set. It's understandable when you're seeing an acoustic set from an artist that has a primary pop/produced sound. I had this feeling when I saw an acoustic show of Marina (and the Diamonds) a day before I went to her fully-fledged concert, it's just kind of missing a bit of something.. not that it has it's own interesting flair to it. It's just that you know what you're missing. 

Friends fans Quebeckers, Canadians, Americans, Mexicans, Mika will go through Montreal on September 15 and 16 for "the Tiny Love Tiny Tour" !!! Ticket prebookers start tomorrow, sales Friday 10am local time

Sur le site https://www.mikasounds.com/

L’image contient peut-être : 1 personne, texte

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marie-christine Suire said:
I'M SO EXCITED! Does anyone know if there is a pre-sale code for these? :D

Wear by    Wear by    Mika, Quebec t'aime
5 h · 

Friends fans Quebeckers, Canadians, Americans, Mexicans, Mika will go through Montreal on September 15 and 16 for "the Tiny Love Tiny Tour" !!! Ticket prebookers start tomorrow, sales Friday 10am local time

Sur le site https://www.mikasounds.com/

L’image contient peut-être : 1 personne, texte

• Like 2